When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Low Post count

lanikai

4 pages? Well, if nothing else this thread has boosted total posts. 'Double Posting' doesn't count 'Lanikai' :lol:

It is good though as it gives pause to re-evaluate the board and individual member 'commitment'. I just hate to see people beating themselves up like Oskar Schindler at the end of that movie; "More! I could have done more!" Somebody mentioned other genre forums. Aside some political ones, I can catch up on all posts in a matter of minutes and the memberships there equal RWG in number.

Maybe I'm easily impressed but I think the contribution(s) here, as I did TRC, could float a mandatory subscription fee. I know that is not on par with the designs of the Admin. and I'm not suggesting it, the grace of benevolent contribution is more noble, but the content is there. Here. Steady with quality if not heady with quantity.

It'll pick up. Someone mentioned the A7750 mod to the 16520 Daytona lay-out. That'll be big. Maybe the factories will get on the stick and start a putsch for a WM9 grade Sub out-of-the-box for under $300. George and blkm have a four corner share of that market. How long will Asian capitalism stand for that?! :) A new Tudor Sub rep? If the board is slow, chances are commercial interest in the current stock is ho-hum. Not sure through what channels that will filter to the manufacturing sector, but it will.

What happened to TRC was not 'out of the hands' of the webmaster. I don't think. It was slowly parked by design and a conscious decision was made to put it up on blocks. First, closing it to 'new registrants', then leaving it to stand alone as a database. Then a concertive, purposeful blending with RWG. Those sites, more than any other two stood too similar and therefore diluted one another. They were redundant. As Gunnar stated; The new RWG = The new TRC. I always appreciated TRC as it was where I went to get real data on the industry. The 'other one' was good too but mostly for drama and [censored] with your watches. That had run it's course with me. I personally find the current pace here more than satisfying. I had a pilot friend who kept a journal throughout his career in the service and the private sector. Each day had a single sentence entry. It was some great reading.

Anyhoo, it is a good thread, this. I wouldn't fear for the long term appreciation and continued support for the board as a whole or the Admin. team as individuals tho'. Like the surf, the noobs and new watches come in sets. The old guard out past the first break waiting for the right wave to catch.

To take it to task tho' I jumped into the ".....first American Made Caliber in over 35 years" thread. Something I wouldn't ordinarily do, but enjoyed even though it was over my head technically. I learned something, but I just find it ironic; a thread regarding 'low post count' goes 4 pages and 75 replies while a thread addressing probably the most ground breaking news with regard to US made mechanical movements since Hamilton closed shop lags behind? Hmmmmm. Maybe our heads are just 'full'.

Onward!

I just hate to see people beating themselves up like Oskar Schindler at the end of that movie; "More! I could have done more!"

Dems, do you mean me? :shock:

That was the single most apalling scene in that movie, it gave me the creeps! If I had to describe it I would have to get profoundly politically incorrect!

I'm insulted! :)

4 pages? Well, if nothing else this thread has boosted total posts. 'Double Posting' doesn't count 'Lanikai' :lol:

It is good though as it gives pause to re-evaluate the board and individual member 'commitment'. I just hate to see people beating themselves up like Oskar Schindler at the end of that movie; "More! I could have done more!" Somebody mentioned other genre forums. Aside some political ones, I can catch up on all posts in a matter of minutes and the memberships there equal RWG in number.

Maybe I'm easily impressed but I think the contribution(s) here, as I did TRC, could float a mandatory subscription fee. I know that is not on par with the designs of the Admin. and I'm not suggesting it, the grace of benevolent contribution is more noble, but the content is there. Here. Steady with quality if not heady with quantity.

It'll pick up. Someone mentioned the A7750 mod to the 16520 Daytona lay-out. That'll be big. Maybe the factories will get on the stick and start a putsch for a WM9 grade Sub out-of-the-box for under $300. George and blkm have a four corner share of that market. How long will Asian capitalism stand for that?! :) A new Tudor Sub rep? If the board is slow, chances are commercial interest in the current stock is ho-hum. Not sure through what channels that will filter to the manufacturing sector, but it will.

What happened to TRC was not 'out of the hands' of the webmaster. I don't think. It was slowly parked by design and a conscious decision was made to put it up on blocks. First, closing it to 'new registrants', then leaving it to stand alone as a database. Then a concertive, purposeful blending with RWG. Those sites, more than any other two stood too similar and therefore diluted one another. They were redundant. As Gunnar stated; The new RWG = The new TRC. I always appreciated TRC as it was where I went to get real data on the industry. The 'other one' was good too but mostly for drama and tits with your watches. That had run it's course with me. I personally find the current pace here more than satisfying. I had a pilot friend who kept a journal throughout his career in the service and the private sector. Each day had a single sentence entry. It was some great reading.

Anyhoo, it is a good thread, this. I wouldn't fear for the long term appreciation and continued support for the board as a whole or the Admin. team as individuals tho'. Like the surf, the noobs and new watches come in sets. The old guard out past the first break waiting for the right wave to catch.

To take it to task tho' I jumped into the ".....first American Made Caliber in over 35 years" thread. Something I wouldn't ordinarily do, but enjoyed even though it was over my head technically. I learned something, but I just find it ironic; a thread regarding 'low post count' goes 4 pages and 75 replies while a thread addressing probably the most ground breaking news with regard to US made mechanical movements since Hamilton closed shop lags behind? Hmmmmm. Maybe our heads are just 'full'.

Onward!

Your posts show off your articulate gift Dems...

Good to use past history to lay out the future.. although I'm not harping on members to post just for the sake of posting... we can use TRC's past history to pave the way for RWG NOW,..it's obvious membership has been declining.. granted RG is a whole different age group and style.. and no one is trying to compete nor copy them..

But discussion is good ... better than sweeping it under the carpet and being in denial about the facts..

controversy .. that is what stirs us.. :lol:

L

Maybe I need to do some more of my amateur hack mods.

hey, hey, hey...wait a minute...i resemble that remark?!... :whistling:

(shamefully adding one more post to the pile)

on topic: not sure why posts are down...my response to Carl's "Noob Issue" post - a complimentary thread to this one --> my musings to Carl's "Noob Issue" post

R-

I myself can make a difference in posting.

Kind regards

Val.

Exactly Val. We all have something to offer, new or old.

I'm as guilty as anyone, but this is also huge: When people post pics or threads and you read them, reply. I hate nothing more than spending an hour or two taking pics to share with you guys, only to see 60 views and 3 replies. Thats rood forum etiquette. Say "Nice watch". Say "those pics SUCK", just say something, we all like having been replied to. Golden rule. Golden smiley --> ;)

I think its a cycle too, I know for a month or two over summer I wasn't here that much just busy with the kids and work. I'm not a huge poster to begin with and I tend to hunt and peck on topics that interest me and post accordingly.

I have noticed though that over the past few months may veteran members that haven't been around much have been active again -great to see that!!! It's a community and what we make of it... a shot in the arm isn't a bad thing from time to time either or reminding us that we're all being a little lazy. :lol:

another thought, i would love to contribute to the photography area of the forum, and I keep meaning to....BUT...i'm lazy :). It takes time set aside to shoot pics, touch them up, resize them, delete them and start over, shoot some more, then finally post them. I think it's the search for perfection that puts me off. I need to just start posting pics knowing they won't look anything like pugs, or By-Tor's. Just another thing that adds up. Hey look! I just hit over 100 on my post count!

WR

My output has been drastically diminished in the last 6 months.

Maybe I need to do some more of my amateur hack mods. How about a ham-fisted IWC Portuguese graphite mod post for the equally ham-fisted? Or a how to change a movement when you're as rubber-pawed as me and not break every damned thing?

Sounds promising.

I recall in previous years that there was a seasonal slow down on post count. As the days draw in toward winter (at least here in the northern hemisphere anyway) it seems to me that people start their posting habits once again.

Economic hardship has been suffered accross the board membership it seems, that cannot be denied, and it re-focusses those affected by it to other more important things than rep watches. Don't get me wrong, I love this place, and feel at home reading and posting here (but could never be accused of being verbose I'm afraid). We may be bumping along the bottom of our own forum recession. Then of course, the only way is up.

However, in an upbeat mood, this forum generates friendships. For my own part I am working in the background on a collaboration with a forum regular here to bring another 'DIY style' build project review to the forum. No this doesn't generate posts for posts sake, but does show me that the forum has a 'soul', and is still kicking hard. A LOT of work has been and will be going into this, with little cash spent. Necessity is the mother of invention after all.

On a separate note, it was not so long ago that a certain young lady was limited to 15 posts per day (or somethong like that), as her posting habits were accused of clogging up this precious place. I was shocked by this at the time TBH. If you didn't want to read them, then simply don't.

A funny situation we seem to be in now. No?

Let's just start a flame out thread .. internet sparing.. cursing .. then see how many members participate.. it's worth more than a good watch review...

Go figure... it's like the goose neckers passing a car wreck with body bags.. :huh:

The traffic is definately "Seasonal" ... but during the last year a lot of members have just dissapeared ..

don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying we should post just for the sake of posting,.. :nea:

L

Let's just start a flame out thread .. internet sparing.. cursing .. then see how many members participate.. it's worth more than a good watch review...

One of my most enduring posts was a controversial flame-fest. The forum discussion took it way further than was my intention, but the community turned it into a real positive move. Remember "Little white lies"?

Controversy has its place on forums, it's part of the vibrant life of a community.

One of my most enduring posts was a controversial flame-fest. The forum discussion took it way further than was my intention, but the community turned it into a real positive move. Remember "Little white lies"?

Controversy has its place on forums, it's part of the vibrant life of a community.

Controversy has a way of bringing people together for a common cause.. either good or bad.. depends which side of the fence your camping ..

And least we forget the "little.. let's tar and feather Lanikai" .. brought me closer to alot of members I didn't know :whistling:.. glad I was vindicated from that one..

L

I remember. And IMO you are quite correct. It indeed had a positive effect.

It's getting that hot blooded community participation back into the forum that's the issue here.

It's getting that hot blooded community participation back into the forum that's the issue here.

There are no villains so we try to make them. TTK, for instance, was controversial and entertaining. He was an excellent walking controversy, but in the end he sort of lost his way.

The forum is both better and worse off without him.

If we had a villain, the forum would spark back to vibrancy.

There are no villains so we try to make them. TTK, for instance, was controversial and entertaining. He was an excellent walking controversy, but in the end he sort of lost his way.

The forum is both better and worse off without him.

If we had a villain, the forum would spark back to vibrancy.

Abso-bloody-lutely! It was like a daily forum soap.

This place would be less fun without you.

and it was less informative with your absence this year

Oh for Christ's sake. GET A ROOM! Homos. Not that there's anything wrong with that. -_-

Hey, I could give a go at this 'villain' antagonista thing. It's not like I don't have skills. 'johnnyboy' gave me a 40% warn on RWG two years after this site was born. You really have to pull it all out to almost get banned from an administrative delete, one moderator sworn to police spam only, web site centered around copyright infringement contraband. Or, go to rwg jr. jr. and search my posts. You can't write that stuff. He called me a troll. Then said; "The sun will rise in the East". Uncanny.

No, but! I almost, almost, almost posted in 'Rolexman' 's "....threats begin!" thread (which was awesome forista BTW, don't tell me post count is low because of no 'drama'?!) That thread has everything. I laughed, I cried, I went through all the emotions. But, I wanted to post; "Way to take the high road Rolexman, but, don't you realize we are in a post slump? You could have let this go two more pages at least, please think before posting and rapping up a good flame with magnanimous self deprecation. TIA. Is what I wanted to say.

You're right tho'. When the sh*t hits the fan the cream rises to the top. The human condition; at it's best when things are at their worst.

Yeah, we need Clive back. Fer shur.

Abso-bloody-lutely! It was like a daily forum soap.

I miss Neil (aka TTK) they say he is in the hospital!? Hope he has recovered and will be allowed to bring back the entertainment once again