When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've never owned a chronograph

P4GTR

I just realized i'm going on 2 1/2 years here and i've never even owned a chronograph.

I guess I'll have to shop chrono's for whatevers next to go in the watchbox. :g:

Made me wonder, if I've never owned a chrono, what must have's or watch trends are there that seemingly you are the only one to never have bought into?

I have never owned a Tourbillion... They are interesting technology, and it is fascinating that the Chinese can make them to an affordable price. However, I dont really connect with them.

Chronographs, on the other hand. I love them! :)

i love chronograph.

Dont know exactly why, as i hardly ever use them exept to cook pasta or rice ...

But obviously it add more complexity to the dial.

And the movement are so much beautifull, specially the hand wind, as the automatic rotor hide most of the compelxity of the movment.

A column wheel hand wind movement, that's really outstanding, i can stare at those little things like if it was a true gem.

I own a JLC and 2 vintage franken daytona with V72, and really it is my most loved piece.

I now can disasemble & reassemble a basic automatic watch, like any eta, very easylly, but a chrono that an other story, those little thing deaserve much more respect, and are still very challenging to me.

Of course i have yet to get more complex movement (repetition, perpetual caledar or such) but so far it is what really amaze me the more.

Never owned a Panerai replica either. Just can't get with it. Back in the day a member coined the phrase " Ah Panerai, a hamburger on a strap". That clicked with me and I haven't felt differently all these years. The dials, they just look like those telephones old folk have; the ones with huge oversized numbers and key pads.

I do like the Submersibles tho' especially the 187. But, that's looking at it exclusively for the job it was designed for; diving. That would mean getting the genuine. And leaving it in the dive bag. Couldn't see myself lounging at the cigar and martini bar with a steel hamburger. On a bracelet. So.........

And anything iced out. I love them for what they are; jewelry to be admired as 'art'. You really have to have command while wearing something of that genre. You have to walk the walk and talk the talk. I even felt sheepish wearing my 16613. I did love it so tho'.

Quite frankly I'm somewhat aghast at the number of non PAM owners here.

Come boys step up to the challenge I think you just need to try most things before you right them off.

As for the BR's the 03 is a good size. As for Chrono's there are so many choices I currently have 2 AP and PAM both great both polls apart in style.

I've yet to go fully gold got a bit on my Jumbo tempted on IWC gold PR 7days. I don't have a pilot either!!

So many choices so little $$$

No POLEX, PANERI, TAGs or BREITELINGs in my collections..but many other brands...but must admit i have purchased a few but only for friends (yes even the ones with big bling factors)

What i do not have and dearly miss are some woprking complications like minute repeaters, tourbillions or proper moon-phase watches...now that woyuld be grand