When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All Vet's .. Roll Call..

lanikai

Remembering

In conjunction with this thread ...

and as a suggested topic by "Offshore" one of our Admin Team members and Forum (TRC) Members

this thread is dedicated to all the Vets ... from the RWCC days

We all know who is member #1 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

maybe we can get OS to dig up the old "Founding the RWCC " thread.. great read for those of you who never had a chance to view it.. on how Admin came about to start this community rolling .. :1a:

so Calling all Vets.

Please chime in with a little history of yourselves .. what forum did you start at.. Dates and what ever you would like to add.. B)

AC

lani

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this may be what you were referring to Lani.

Some interesting names and memories in that thread.

I'm only a relative young pup, having turned up around the time of the demise of RWCC, and the formation of TRC!

Will be interesting to see who of the original RWCC crew are still around.

Some obviously posted in that thread.

Offshore

I think this may be what you were referring to Lani.

Some interesting names and memories in that thread.

I'm only a relative young pup, having turned up around the time of the demise of RWCC, and the formation of TRC!

Will be interesting to see who of the original RWCC crew are still around.

Some obviously posted in that thread.

Offshore

There also was another thread with the history of how T decided to start up a forum dedicated to Replications.. maybe it's in the interview section ??

L

I started on the other RWG a few years back, having ordered a watch for my wife from Applewave, and eventually found my way here :)

A bit about myself:

I'll be 31 years old in a few weeks, and have been interested in watches most of my life. I'm married, and have been with my wife 5 years now. I converted to Islam 2 years ago, I take my faith very seriously, and although not everyone in my life was initially accepting of that, most have now got their heads round it :) I've never driven a car, and would be more interested in gaining a PPL (specifically for helicopters)than a driving license. I have five guinea pigs, and am ambidextrous :)

I started on the other RWG a few years back, having ordered a watch for my wife from Applewave, and eventually found my way here :)

A bit about myself:

I'll be 31 years old in a few weeks, and have been interested in watches most of my life. I'm married, and have been with my wife 5 years now. I converted to Islam 2 years ago, I take my faith very seriously, and although not everyone in my life was initially accepting of that, most have now got their heads round it :) I've never driven a car, and would be more interested in gaining a PPL (specifically for helicopters)than a driving license. I have five guinea pigs, and am ambidextrous :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

TJ .. you are a unique "personage" to say the least.. that was a cool 10 sec biography !!!!!

the fact that you never drove a car is way cool.. helicopters are much harder than single engine airplanes.. all four limbs are doing something different.. like a motor bike.. but a little more intense.. :D

Good luck with your PPL !!

I still cannot find the thread that outlines the entire history of Admin and his buddies.. but for those who never read Admins interview..

AC

Lani

Great thread, Lani! Me? I just moved this weekend up into the mountains and while it's not the middle of nowhere, you can see it from here. It was 39F this morning and the biggest bull moose you've ever seen was in my yard.

I've been married to the delectable Ms. Nanuq for 25 years this June, and have two awesome kids. I've been in Scouts since dirt was invented and my son made Eagle. You guys cemented that in my mind as one of my most significant life events when I posted it here.

I've been in Alaska all my life and I'm staying, thank you very much!

athletes.jpg

Great thread, Lani! Me? I just moved this weekend up into the mountains and while it's not the middle of nowhere, you can see it from here. It was 39F this morning and the biggest bull moose you've ever seen was in my yard.

I've been married to the delectable Ms. Nanuq for 25 years this June, and have two awesome kids. I've been in Scouts since dirt was invented and my son made Eagle. You guys cemented that in my mind as one of my most significant life events when I posted it here.

athletes.jpg

They literally broke the mold when Nanuq was born !!

last week I was searching for all Nanuq's pics of "life in Alaska" .. if you've never seen the "real" Alaska.. check out Nanuq's threads in "Off Topic" worth the look !!!! .. He is a true Explorer!!!.. and needless to say one of the most intense genuine vintage collections around.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nanuq probably has more Young Men that he has Mentored through the Eagles Scout's .. than anyone I know..

Got any new Pics for us of your "Mountain".... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

TJ .. you are a unique "personage" to say the least.. that was a cool 10 sec biography !!!!!

the fact that you never drove a car is way cool.. helicopters are much harder than single engine airplanes.. all four limbs are doing something different.. like a motor bike.. but a little more intense.. :D

Good luck with your PPL !!

I still cannot find the thread that outlines the entire history of Admin and his buddies.. but for those who never read Admins interview..

AC

Lani

Thanks, bro :) I never drove a car, as I never actually needed to learn to drive as a form of transport, as I could always walk, walk to a train, or get a cab if need be :) I have driven go-karts, and enjoyed it, so I expect I could learn to drive a car without too much problem. With regard helicopters, as you say :D I remember hearing that if you can rub your head and pat your stomach, while making a cycling motion with your legs, then theoretically, you would have the potential coordination to learn to fly one, so I'm in good stead so far :lol:

I've been in Scouts since dirt was invented and my son made Eagle. You guys cemented that in my mind as one of my most significant life events when I posted it here.

I remember when that happened and being part of the cementing.

That was one of my most memorable events on RWG. It was awesome.

Carl

Shake your hair girl with your ponytail

Takes me right back, when you were young.

Throw your precious gifts into the air

Watch them fall down, when you were young.

Lift up your feet and put them on the ground

You used to walk upon, when you were young.

The hills were higher, when we were young.

The trees were taller, when you were young.

The grass was greener, when you were young.

You used to walk upon, when you were young................

Great idea for a thread Lani. I love hearing stories from the days before I came on board. That was back in the dying days of RWG 1. So much has happened since then, but those early days were certainly different times. If there was one guy that could spin tails of the old days, it was Neil. I know a lot of people are glad to see him gone, but he certainly would be able to add to a topic like this.

athletes.jpg

They literally broke the mold when Nanuq was born !!

last week I was searching for all Nanuq's pics of "life in Alaska" .. if you've never seen the "real" Alaska.. check out Nanuq's threads in "Off Topic" worth the look !!!! .. He is a true Explorer!!!.. and needless to say one of the most intense genuine vintage collections around.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nanuq probably has more Young Men that he has Mentored through the Eagles Scout's .. than anyone I know..

Got any new Pics for us of your "Mountain".... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

I've had the pleasure to meet and break bread with a dozen plus members of our fine community...

And Nanuq is at the top of the list...

Have had the pleasure to dine with Bob on 4 different occasions and have enjoyed each immensely...

He's as quality of a guy as they come...

Me?

Been hangin' around this joint for a few years now...

As the rest of you, joined initially for the Watches...

But...

Have remained because of the fellowship...

"Where People Gather, Life Happens"...

I love this place...

Mike

Sitting here in the dark watching the stars come out with a cat purring on my lap, watching the alpenglow fade off the flanks of McKinley, listening to some fine acoustic guitar and mandolin, reading about my friends at this great place we call RWG ... It just doesn't get any better than this. We are blessed, guys.

I talk to my Scouts about "sweet spots" where everything is just perfect, if even for a moment. This is a sweet spot. Savor it.

Hey Mike... right back atcha. I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing fine meals with you. Your wit and character and depth... your amazing generosity is humbling. I'm honored to know you.

Some day I hope to meet more of you lads!

Una inuuq aaniqtuuq. Think I'll stick around awhile.

It was truly a special time when this board opened up, the guys on the original team as well as the ones who came later have all had one aim at heart, to make this the best place we possibly can for our members.

I remember on day one when we were all working our butts off Nanuq quoted the feast of St.Crispin and from that day forward we have always been a 'Band of Brothers'.

Like TT I have had the pleasure to meet a number of Australian members, 3 that stand out are swdivad (who I have met on a number of occasions), and when I took my family on our Northern odyssey I had the very great pleasure of meeting up with fellow mods cornerstone in Sydney and offshore up on the Gold Coast, two guys I would be glad to see again at anytime.

Ken

Ahhh nostalgia.

I remember the day I stumbled across RWCC while looking at replica watches. Like many I came close to spending $1,000 on a fake watch. I came in to RWCC towards the end and saw a post that TRC was the new place to be. This was around 2003 i guess. I think I was one of the first 100 or so members of TRC. Being a creature of habit I was loyal to TRC for a long time before joining here. I must say that I have spent more time on TRC and now RWG than any other forum or website period. I have made some great friends over the years and am happy to be a part of a community filled with thousands of people who share the same obsessions, err, interests as me. :D

Here's to a long, happy healthy future for RWG and it's members. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Fortunately, I had been in the rep watch game long before the advent of the Web, so I have never been suckered into buying any expensive 'Grade AAA' (or similar) rubbish online. However, prior to stumbling across RWG (& sister sites), I cannot tell you how many times I posted messages on 1 of those fake rep forums where, as it turned out, all of the content was posted by the site operators. :bicycle:

I wish I had a great story but......I just like watches and I really Love this community. I also have been blessed to meet a few members.......but I wish I had the chance to meet a lot more. The creme really rises and the Best have been named: Omni, TwoTone, Stephane, Pugs, Zig, Ubi,Star,

Ken..........and on and on.

I started way back, TRC, The Old Rwg and here.

You never leave "The Family"

I don't consider myself to be a vet, but it has been a few years here, and a year or so at the previous RWG, and a little time at TRC. I remember when Eddie Lee was still around, Joshua operated out of a photobucket album and e-mail, TTK (Neil) was still considered one of the best dealers (if not the fastest in delivery) and when Watchmaster was still a dealer. Dealers like Luckyy, Sicuan, and TWP have come and gone. Big Red Joe was still modding and having satisfied customers. I remember reading posts by folks like Bricktop, Drizznay and Klink (Klinks were especially entertaining/confusing). I will say that it has been a great ride so far, lots of information and learning. I have been inspired by folks like By-Tor and Pugwash to try and improve my photography and try my hand at a watch review, and inspired by folks like Ubiquitous and Freddy333 in trying my own modding and building projects. A big thanks to all who make this place an especially bright point of light on the internet.

Cheers B)

I cannot tell you how many times I posted messages on 1 of those fake rep forums where, as it turned out, all of the content was posted by the site operators. :bicycle:

You too!

I couldn't understand why my "cutting, penetrating and incisive" posts were either never even posted, or if they saw the light of day, were never answered! Interestingly, I was never going to purchase, until I got some responses,so, for mine, their fake forums were in vain.

I spent maybe a month there, and gave up in disgust, which was when I discovered the remanents of RWCC, which led me to TRC.

We've travelled a few miles since then!

Offshore

Well i would not say i was much as a vet to some of you guys , i think i joined TRC in 2005 so still a noob really, but i would like to say thanks to all the older members (and some new ones) for all that i have learnt here and some are wearing the fruit of what i have learnt.

Thanks Guys