When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy Is Back On Line, Summer Is Coming To A Close...

RWG Technical

Hi everyone…

Well back to the daily grind after 3 weeks in Europe. Had a wonderful time, kids had fun, saw lots of neat stuff, got to see my old home in Germany, and overall it was good but tiring as the only adult… Did just over 4000 km (2500 miles) with our small motor home.

S L O W L Y getting back into the normal routine for work and home, and of course for watch repairs.

Speaking of watch repairs, I have come up with a new way of taking care of my correspondence, all due to spending 1-2 hours on email and PM’s daily. This is too much time and I have to cut down this amount. It’s change and make it manageable, or stop altogether. Basically what I have done is the following:

1. Capabilities list updated, simplified, more information added. This should eliminate many emails. Basically, the capabilities list has everything that I can do, and all the prices…and should answer all your questions. If you want to know what I can do, how much it costs, and how long it takes; send me a PM, and ask for my “Capabilities list”, and I will send it to you at an email address (it’s a word doc).

2. Some prices have changed, genuine/vintage work is more expensive (and rightly so…), and so are chronograph overhauls (7750’s, etc). This is to reflect the time, risk, and going rates for this type of work. Even with the increases, I am well below what other shops charge for the same or better quality workmanship, and I beat their turn times tenfold. The rest of the pricing is basically the same as before.

3. All work is by appointment only, this makes my life and yours much easier. I have gotten quite busy with genuine vintage restorations and my free time is quite limited…if I want to continue to offer my services here, I need to control the volume. I started this system in June, and it has shown to be a time saver for everyone. I take bookings no more than 6 weeks in advance. First part of September is already filling up…and I can only take in a few watches per week…

4. If you’re looking for my services, plse send me a PM with the details, and I will respond to you.

5. I will try and respond to PM’s as quickly as I can, if you have a general technical question, or are looking for the “best” whatever model, plse ask in the open forum - not in private via a PM…

I have also received my latest order of longer cannon pins and hour wheels for the PAM’s. Due to the difficulty of getting these parts, I will not be able to sell them to individuals. I have to keep them for my customers for installation in their watches. As before, if your getting any other work done on the watch (lume, service), the installation of the cannon and hour wheel is free…only cost is for parts at $35, as it has been all along.

I have done a few interesting projects over the past few months, and hope to find time to post the results soon… As always, I look forward to interesting technical questions and posts, hopefully we get some new movements that I can tear down, inspect, and post the results for everyone to see…I still love to do up posts with pictures and text and details of what I find…

If your looking for technical information on movements, how does it work, how-to, etc, plse review my are in the “Experts” subforum, under “Ziggy Zone”…many tech questions are already covered – in detail…

My PM is turned back on, and I look forward to a interesting and fun fall with everyone, and also new watches for us to all enjoy.

Cheers,

RG

Hi everyone…

Welcome back!

It's a shame the only night you had free in Paris was the only night I had a friend's leaving do, but them's the breaks. :black_eye:

Now you've got months of forum messages to go through, I'll not keep you any longer. :D

ps. Posted this for when you have the time:

109447-24253.jpg

Welcome back!

It's a shame the only night you had free in Paris was the only night I had a friend's leaving do, but them's the breaks. :black_eye:

It was a disapointment that my time in Paris, coming and going, was so short and we could not get together...it was however real nice speaking to you on the phone. Next time...

Now you've got months of forum messages to go through, I'll not keep you any longer. :D

ps. Posted this for when you have the time:

109456-24252.jpg

Shoot me a email, and we will get it scheduled...

RG

Welcome back! Boy do I have a lovely little project for you. No, not THAT one... but another really nice one. I'll box 'em up and get 'em in the mail.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome...

I send you an email over the weekend, it should have arrived by now (or not), send them as discussed and it will get taken care of.

RG

Welcome home Ziggy. Did the French razz you on your accent?

Of course some of them did, my standard response was "Accent? I dont' have an accent at all, if anyone has an accent it's you..." I especially love it when I speak french to them, and they reply in Engrish...I stay in french and throw them off...

RG

I am not sure what this means...can you clarify it for me plse...

RG

Sure - Instead of having to email your word doc to everyone. You could put it on a web server. if you don't have one, i'm sure we can find you one for free or someone would be willing to donate. I could probably do it. Then in your signature you could put a link like.

For all questions regarding services available and pricing please see the most recent version of my Capabilities list which you can download here (Updated 8-29-06) please review this document BEFORE you pm or email questions.

downside is you have the doc floating out there and without as much control. Upside is, you don't have to send or answer as many emails or requests !! :)

i could hook you up with a cool domain name like The ZigmeistersList.com :)

let me know if you want to try something like that. I"m happy to help out.

• 2 weeks later...