When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Marks on the back of your hand from watch crowns?

Malakei

Hey there guys,

May seem like an odd question but I know someone out there has this annoyance for sure.

I've been a daily watch wearer for over 10 years and I always seem to have a reddish bump on the back of my hand where the watch crowns make contact when I bend my hand. I was wondering if anyone has found a good remedy for this.

Cheers

Justin

Probably you wear your watch loose. If ypou put it thigh behind the bulging bone in your wrist, you don't have this problem anymore. I have the same, but does'nt really bother me though... i can't stand having my watch thight.

+1 or get a lefty. :winkiss: - I found the huge Clownfighter Overkill McGyver surprisingly comfortable to wear :rolleyes:

Always wear my watch loose on my left and have no destros.

My experience is that it really depends on the specific watch. Most cause no problems.

My worst offender is the Roger Dubuis Easy Diver.

Perhaps just try some other models if tight or right hand use or destro does not do it for you.

this is the mark of a True Watch Nut.. it's how we recognize RWG'rs..

the scar is a right of passage into this obsession .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it is a battle scar of sorts.. B)

Wear it with pride :1a:

AC/Lani

Lani, I thought the True Watch Nut was the one who sports this kind of mark on both hands? :lol:

I have this too, doesn't bother me really.

Val.

I get this pretty badly, I'm disabled and when not in a wheelchair I do my best to get around on crutches.

This bends your wrist rather severely and the resulting mark is always there!!

You get used to it, only problem is that I can't wear BP watches, or the PAMs without the CG, Rads etc.

No great problem though, not for something I love so much!

Sixx :bones:

I got this myself when I was young and really didn't like watches because of it (at that time). The problem was I was wearing them completely wrong. I am right handed and felt like my watch should go on my right hand, right on my joint. After switching it to my left hand things got a little better.

Now, I have never had the problem again because I only wear 40mm case watches for long durations. Anything, wider then I tend to wear for short events like: dinners, etc... Also, the watch needs to sit back on your hand, so when you tilt your wrist back to 90 degrees, the crown should slightly be touching your hand.

If you are getting irritations from the band itself like I used to from cheap metal or leather, I recommend ceramic :D.

I noticed it started getting bad since my beater became my recently aquired RAD, might undo that descision lol. Ive tried everything you guys mentioned about wearing it above the wrist bone and having it tight and im the same way, like to have it loose in fact i think it looks better too! Wish I could say the same for my hand hahah. We should make this thread a battle scar thread! LOL I think I might try a destro, I had been contemplating one for some time for this very reason. :)