When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

10k .. I came here for 1 rep..

lanikai

I was brought to my attention last night that I'll hit 10K in post.. the last time I noticed it was around 8 thousand something..

And then I had to chuckle ... I came to RWG originally to purchase 1 rep. .. I had no intention nor idea that it would grow into staying this long and furthermore making RWG a valued part of my daily routine.. more than routine actually..

I just got off the phone with 2 great friends and ole skool members that are mainstays of this community.. the Rabbi.. and the Brotha from Colorado who both saw me through so mush last year.. I always look forward to conference calls from them.. B)

One, has more projects than NASA going on at once; and the other has more knowledge of Rolex than I could gather in a lifetime.. :lol: I'm fortunate to have you guy's in my life.. as RWG is much more than Watches..

So this is where I will lay my 10k post.. it's not the post count that I am noting, that's just a number.. but the real treasure is with the friends and support that this community has given me.. forget the 10k.. but stick around and it's the people in this community, that is what this place is all about .. because this is the internet, makes it all the more unbelievable..

I hope I can contribute another 10k in the way that is RWG

Thank you all for being here..

AC/Lani

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you from someone on the other end of your stay here - the front end. I too have just dropped in for my first rep and have enjoyed MANY of your posts. My 1st is on the way.....hoping for a good experience. Who knows.....maybe I'll be around here longer than I first anticipated also. I feel a twinge of a habit coming on...........

Good talk Lanikai.......this the truth about these forums...

I was brought to my attention last night that I'll hit 10K in post.. the last time I noticed it was around 8 thousand something..

And then I had to chuckle ... I came to RWG originally to purchase 1 rep. .. I had no intention nor idea that it would grow into staying this long and furthermore making RWG a valued part of my daily routine.. more than routine actually..

I just got off the phone with 2 great friends and ole skool members that are mainstays of this community.. the Rabbi.. and the Brotha from Colorado who both saw me through so mush last year.. I always look forward to conference calls from them.. B)

One, has more projects than NASA going on at once; and the other has more knowledge of Rolex than I could gather in a lifetime.. :lol: I'm fortunate to have you guy's in my life.. as RWG is much more than Watches..

So this is where I will lay my 10k post.. it's not the post count that I am noting, that's just a number.. but the real treasure is with the friends and support that this community has given me.. forget the 10k.. but stick around and it's the people in this community, that is what this place is all about .. because this is the internet, makes it all the more unbelievable..

I hope I can contribute another 10k in the way that is RWG

Thank you all for being here..

AC/Lani

Vey well said, as usual. And though you don't want it to be about the numbers: Congratulation for your 10'000th post. I guess roughly 9'800 of those where aimed at helping a noob. :)

I couldn't agree more. Lani was one of the first (if not the first) to welcome me aboard.

CONGRATS LANI!!

Damn, Brah....now you make me look small! I thought 2500 was a milestone........shoot, now it's nothin......I have to stay here another 10 years! O gaaaaaaadddd! :rofl:

Congrats, Bud! :thumbsupsmileyanim: You're #1 in my BOOK! :1a:

:drinks::drinks::drinks:

Mahalo Plenty to ALL!!!

I am really blessed to have made so many meaningful friendships.. they say is you make 2 really good friend in your life time you are lucky.. who ever said that never came here.. :1a:

lol, I thought this was thread about a guy who came for one rep, but ended up spending 10k.

Wow, 10k. I think only 'johnnyboy' had more..................but they were mostly 'Loony Bin' posts............

Keep up the good work brudda!

I would be lucky to have spent just 10 on watches.. that would come close with the genuine' I've purchased since coming on board.. :black_eye:

I would scare myself if I tried to put a dollar amount on this hobby..there are those who spent more and less.. so that is how I look at life.. always someone with more.. always someone with less.. I like to be right in the middle :lol:

wow. that's got to be an rwg record, no? thanks to all that you do lani ... we appreciate it!

Nah.. Ken and many others have more posts.. their "vintaged".. :lol:

Any plans to celebrate? I'd say take a vacation but you live in HI, so you don't need one.

I'm trying to break away to a neighbor island with a friend.. I love the Big Island.. Kona side.. she has time time off .. but I had a crisis erupt this week with one of my workers so a cruise to the North shore and Turtle bay may be an alternative.. that way I'll be an hour away from the biz area.. B)

It would take 10,000 of OUR posts to say thanks enough for all you do here, ma Brudda from Anudda Mudda.

Hats off to Lani! :clapping::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you B !!

conversely it would take 23,851 additional mahalo's from me to convey my gratitude for this community..

Big shout out to you Brotha!

Heres to 10K more!

Out of curiosity, what was that rep you were looking for? Did you ever get it? :)

My first rep was Pam 127 .. but I got that from a friend that went to Thailand in 2005..I had a couple reps that where far from what the standards are here.. but my first order here was a Breitling SA. and of course a Sub and a YM..I still have the SA and the Sub .. the YM was cannibalized for parts..

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan im missing the ppppaaaaaartttaaaaayyyy! Huge congrats Lani. Seeing as though im only on 60, 10K seems faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. Sure is an achievement. :good: Youre a valuable asset to the community, always willing to lend a hand and full of great information.

Thanks for all your help and keep going, youve got 20K to hit now :thumbsupsmileyanim: