When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer buying a rep and then just wearing it, I am tired of modifying and upgrading reps, let's hope they get this one right from the get go.....

If you go the modified/franken route, why not just get the PO rep already on the market, as we all know it can take gen parts already? :)

I prefer buying a rep and then just wearing it, I am tired of modifying and upgrading reps, let's hope they get this one right from the get go.....

If you go the modified/franken route, why not just get the PO rep already on the market, as we all know it can take gen parts already? :)

Mickey, I could not possibly agree more.

Modifying the watches is much easier for the North American-based members. For some perverse reason we Europeans don't have a watchsmith like Ziggy, AR guy like Chief, etc. etc.

Sending the watches across the ocean for mods is a major no-no. We EU guys can have very strict customs too (save the UK). Because I don't have the skills, I much rather buy the gen straight away than go through all the stress. PO is not an expensive watch preowned. Great watch but I prefer the Steelfish all the way over it.

@amptor: Not all people who have big wrists are fat. They can be just, well... big. There's a big difference. :D But I agree... regardless of the wrist size 45mm UPO is clumsy and not great looking watch at all.

x2... after all at the end of the day no matter what you do to the watch it will still be a REP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

$180??? No way it'll go for that. I'm not advocating a higher price, but I just don't see a supposedly "new and improved" PO being any cheaper than what is deemed to be the "ultimate" out there right now.

Of course I'm not saying that it will be 180 but I'm saying that if it was, I'd be on top of it like an ant on a sugar cube. However regardless if I feel the price is fair I've already planned to buy it when it comes out. Just a matter of time and to see what it goes for.

Oh and if I said fat wrists earlier I meant thick wrists... I would somewhat guess that a 42mm watch would look fine on thick wrists but I dunno.

Modifying the watches is much easier for the North American-based members. For some perverse reason we Europeans don't have a watchsmith like The Zigmeister, AR guy like Chief, etc. etc.

Sending the watches across the ocean for mods is a major no-no. We EU guys can have very strict customs too (save the UK). Because I don't have the skills, I much rather buy the gen straight away than go through all the stress. PO is not an expensive watch preowned. Great watch but I prefer the Steelfish all the way over it.

@amptor: Not all people who have big wrists are fat. They can be just, well... big. There's a big difference. :D But I agree... regardless of the wrist size 45mm UPO is clumsy and not great looking watch at all.

I beg to differ By-tor... . In spain we've got Francisco, Hi-jack, and an amazing lumer named Soyfleed.. There's also Domenico and FineDD(AR guy).... There's a few more I'm leaving out.. but if you know who's out there in the e.u. it's not hard to get a watch modded :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Ploprof has been delayed a bit.. (SOP imo).. I expect he PO won't be released exactly as hoped.. but the wait shouldn't be too much longer.. IMO,..

lanikai, any word on this lately? after the Ploprof I kinda wonder how this one is going to turn out. Seems like it'll still have happy feet but I'm guessing a couple other things will be fixed though. Probably 1:1 with laser engraved caseback logos and correct crown and slightly recessed pearl this time. Possibly even correct font and definitely correct date window. These are all just my guesses. If they sort out that happy feet issue, that'd save people more than a couple hundred bucks on a mod right there and would make it pretty worthwhile.

Also why didn't anyone ever talk about the Planet Ocean on the caseback of the 4th generation? On the gen, it isn't laser engraved. Actually nothing on the gen is as far as I recall. Seems like to address that issue, one would have to buy the entire case off Ofrei to get the caseback. The 4th generation easily costs ~ a grand to fully mod.

Edited by amptor

$180??? No way it'll go for that. I'm not advocating a higher price, but I just don't see a supposedly "new and improved" PO being any cheaper than what is deemed to be the "ultimate" out there right now.

Who knows??? However, rep prices have been getting over inflated these past 2/3 years and the latest crop have been more competitively priced - especially the Rollies like GMT IIc, Milgauss etc......so it could be possible?

Some trusted dealers across the boards have been running excellent value offers on so called 'ultimates ' these past 6 months so maybe this is a way to go... :rolleyes:

Who knows??? However, rep prices have been getting over inflated these past 2/3 years and the latest crop have been more competitively priced - especially the Rollies like GMT IIc, Milgauss etc......so it could be possible?

Some trusted dealers across the boards have been running excellent value offers on so called 'ultimates ' these past 6 months so maybe this is a way to go... :rolleyes:

Well they do sell more rollies than other reps so it may be easier for them to lower the price on those. and they probably feel that we are a niche market that will spend more on niche watch brands.

however with how the world economy is crumbling and people are buying less reps over all, they should keep the prices lower imho. I buy less watches due to having to save money. I definitely would not ever buy a watch that costs over $300 that is just ludicrous. Unless maybe it is a gen. I keep getting emails from trusted dealers about new additions that are like $350 and other nonsense. I just ignore those emails.

When I started in this hobby, Silix had good prices and King's prices were alright. But then every trusted dealer raised prices and I started getting less interested in buying watches.

In the spirit of this topic...maybe someone can clarify something for me. It has been my understanding that you need a gen watch in order to replicate it, how else do they do it when a gen watch is not available? it cant be by looking at photos?? Do they have blue prints for these watches? just curious...

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that i have bought a 42.64mm (to my digital caliber) PO Chrono black from old new stock last week.

As it have a few important differences with genuine one i will search a better one.

The small arrows of the 3 subdials are different from the ones i see everywhere.

I bought it because it was smaller than the normal ones.

Thank you for that information in this thread, it was of great help.