When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy feet fix - Not that obvious, but does bug some people

AR - New watch defo needs the double AR coating to look the part. This is what makes the PO in my humble opinion.

Bezel - A few minor inconsistencies with the bezel, but now I'm nit picking. :)

If they can get the above correct, I'm sure there will be a load of takers. :)

Hopefully they will have no inconsistencies in the "600m / 2000ft" print on the dial either.......i.e. either too low, or too narrow........

But MoP's right, the PO is probably the "easiest" rep watch to kit out with gen parts! So this one should be great fun with fantastic results!

Regards

You forgot about the crown, luminescent marker size, and pearl. I heard complaints about the font too. Overall I like my 4th generation but I'd be in the market for a 1:1 if they fixed all of that stuff which is entirely possible. Oh and the lume markers should be made so that the lume doesn't fall off of them this time lol.

Why hasn't there been any updates? I'm guessing it may be posted at RG also but who knows.... 2 months left I guess. And the original poster mentioned that "we all know" how release dates go. I don't, clue me in? Do you mean there's some inconsistency or it will be out on time? I'm clueless on that. I followed the 4th generation PO's progress but bought it wayyyy later and ended up getting one of the last ones from the watch factory so I'm not in tune with release dates on watches. I guess if you are implying something about some other people's 1:1 copy of submariners then maybe I know what you mean but I'm not sure. I can only assume.

Well, the 1:1 super rep of the Santos 100 caught me be surprise and I don't recall there was much notice about that. It kinda popped up along side the "Santos made with genuine parts" for $1500.

Let's hope the PO doesn't cost that much.

Still waiting for the release of the PO. (I have the Sead PO and that is the 4th (5th?) generation of POs)

You may want to sell yours before the new one arrives, otherwise yours might drop in value and desirability :)

yeah, I was wondering about that too. But I need at least some sort of certainty that a new super rep will come out. Cause if it s just a romur tht doesn not pan out I'll be SOL as the PO is my fav. watch.

We need some news and Silix claims to sell a better watch than what is in his photos (which is a 4th generation PO, although debatable..I heard all 4th generations came with nickel ETA but I don't believe that since I owned probalby the two last ones ever made at least according to the dealers)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep looking at these threads and just realized that if you add months onto the OP it comes out to May 1, 2010 for the release date. So we still have to wait about another month. Hope it is worth the wait. If the price is right, I'll go on it. Hopefully no extra cost for nickel eta..

Guys i don't wanna be too negative but i guess nickel or non nickel ETA it's gonna be the last of our complaints. :D

true..QC is so poor these days that it makes us spend thousands on servicing and improving our replicas....wasting precious wrist time for our beauties....and by the time this 42mm Planet Ocean comes out we will be interessted in something else

I seriously doubt that within one month's time I will have moved on from my interest in this watch unless it doesn't deliver.

I have seen a few other omegas that look pretty decent that can be bought recently, but this is still my favorite one.

And yeah I know what you mean about nickel eta not being all that necessary but it was a pretty nice addition last time and unfortunately mine came with the golden ETA like all the rest of my ETA powered watches have.

Would be nice to see the dial with flat feet this time around. I was looking at a rep of a different omega recently that has flat feet so I don't see why it would be impossible.

flat feet, correct he valve placement again, correct crown, globe and planet ocean impressed on the case back, serial number, proper pearl... that's almost all I can think of right off hand.

I have no idea what's up with these low end reps people fawn over lately, the 21j powered ones. Seems we need more people who care about quality rather than the sub $100 rep. I've seen some of those 21j budge over $100 and well... it's just not for me. lol

It's gonna have to be GOOD for me to spend my cash on one, I must say. Great watch, but the PO saga has been stretched out to the max. lol. So many different versions out there. Maybe they'll get it right this time round. I can see it now.. Super Ultimate version. :)

I'm starting to remember that some people were even modding the rep dial by replacing its markers with ones from the 45mm ultimate rep of its time. And some even went so far as to replace the omega logo with flat feet from another watch. Probably a 45mm rep variant as well. People are going to want to be able to replace the crown tube with one from a gen as well unless the rep tube will accept a gen crown without any additional modding. But we could on the other hand hope that the crown looks the same as gen this time around too.

Original post should have a countdown calendar timer on it :) Just a few weeks left now at the soonest. I keep hearing summer mentioned though. Not sure exactly when that starts I always thought it was in June.