When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any update from the OP? I'll buy it if there are marked improvements over the latest and best rep out there (Sead). I have Sead's right now. I had Narikaa's before.

Sead's appears to be identical to the 4th generation PO so it'd be more accurate to say that is what it is I guess unless he fixed anything. I'm having trouble making out from photos I just did a quick search on RG to see if his came with flat feet on the omega logo or not. Everything else looks spot on to the 4th generation I have sitting on my desk at home. Also oddly seeing that the last ones he had were orange numerals and black bezel which just imho looks strange compared to black bezel with white numerals. I'm overall happy with orange bezel and orange numerals. From one posting I saw, it doesn't look like Sead still has any in stock anyway. I'm assuming that Silix somehow got the watchmaker to continue building 4th generation PO but I'm not sure. Silix had another watchmaker that had an almost correct bezel style. I used to have one but I shipped it back to exchange for the almost-proper watch. I ended up with a 4th generation PO with incorrect dial which was strange since a porrika apparantly has the proper dial so it's not like they quit making those.

I'm thinking that if I can get out of the mess I am in right now and find a better job, I might just go ahead and buy the gen. I have never been as fascinated with one particular watch in my life.

I'm thinking that if I can get out of the mess I am in right now and find a better job, I might just go ahead and buy the gen. I have never been as fascinated with one particular watch in my life.

now that is a great goal.. :drinks: ...build a better life....go genuine on this one..I wish it for you...and one thing is for sure that is a goal that can acheive far faster than getting a perfect 42mm PO replica directly from the factory

just do it

Respect

Gunnar Gran :thumbsupsmileyanim:

any update from the OP? I'll buy it if there are marked improvements over the latest and best rep out there (Sead). I have Sead's right now. I had Narikaa's before.

The Ploprof has been delayed a bit.. (SOP imo).. I expect he PO won't be released exactly as hoped.. but the wait shouldn't be too much longer.. IMO,..

The Ploprof has been delayed a bit.. (SOP imo).. I expect he PO won't be released exactly as hoped.. but the wait shouldn't be too much longer.. IMO,..

lanikai what's the difference between this and the one Silix is selling? different factory this time?

Someone was talking to Josh and he said that the PO won't be ready till June. Also Josh said that it has only single AR, but a "better" version than the earlier versions, making it comparable to the gen, which has double AR

To me, this has got to be one of the biggest tells. Even more so than the happy feet.

Modding a Sead PO with a new gen dial and AR will set you back well over $300. Add gen hands, then we are talking to the roof when all is done.

Someone was talking to Josh and he said that the PO won't be ready till June. Also Josh said that it has only single AR, but a "better" version than the earlier versions, making it comparable to the gen, which has double AR

To me, this has got to be one of the biggest tells. Even more so than the happy feet.

Modding a Sead PO with a new gen dial and AR will set you back well over $300. Add gen hands, then we are talking to the roof when all is done.

Single AR is fine with me. I could do with the single AR and having flat feet on the Omega logo. That would be great to me. Hopefully it is below $250 including shipping like the previous one was.

Single AR is fine with me. I could do with the single AR and having flat feet on the Omega logo. That would be great to me. Hopefully it is below $250 including shipping like the previous one was.

Below $250??? Not a chance. Below $450, maybe. Even Sead's PO which is considered

widely to be the best one out there at the moment, was going for $320. I don't want to artificially "inflate" the price for the dealers by mentioning that, but the fact is, if it is going to be an improvement over Sead's, then it's gotta be more than $320.

Single AR = me not interested :(

One of the best points of the gen 42/45mm PO is the sweet, slightly domed double AR crystal, showing off that crisp dial. No double AR = FAIL.....

Don't see why is should cost $450+ either. The Seawolf is a extremely high quality tank of a rep, with 5-6mm thick double AR'ed sapphire crystal, and that can be picked up for $350 :)

Don't see why is should cost $450+ either. The Seawolf is a extremely high quality tank of a rep, with 5-6mm thick double AR'ed sapphire crystal, and that can be picked up for $350 :)

If it is truly being billed as the super ultimate rep, then it is in the rarified territory of the Ultimate 104 and the super rep Santos 100. Both are ~450.

If it falls short of being an ultimate super rep, then no friggen way I'd pay that much. In fact, I'd even balk at paying anything over $400

I can see it cost more - there's already a demand for it as well as the dealers famous marketing - "1:1" , "Ultimate", etc.

I think the original v4 was a great rep. Did it have flaws - sure, but we modded it with gen parts, which im sure we'll do the same if and when this watch comes out.

Below $250??? Not a chance. Below $450, maybe. Even Sead's PO which is considered

widely to be the best one out there at the moment, was going for $320. I don't want to artificially "inflate" the price for the dealers by mentioning that, but the fact is, if it is going to be an improvement over Sead's, then it's gotta be more than $320.

While I love mark-up as much as the next guy, you always have to keep your eyes open for Dealers who sports a more realistic price schedule. The UPO 45.5mm with Asian ETA was $180 at WatchWoot before he finally burned out and closed his storefront a few months ago.

I'm not against anyone making a good living. If you're a dealer here and you charge a lot ... well I don't mind at all ... there are alternatives.

No double AR = FAIL.....

+1

Blue double AR is synonymous with Planet Ocean. Does it make ANY sense to build a good rep and then leave the most essential, most characteristic visual feature out? :bangin:

Sead's PO looks to me like a 4th generation PO with $120 worth of markup added on top of it to me then. I have seen no differences. Maybe it has something that I can't see with the naked eye in photos though. I heard of a "5th generation" that supposedly had flat feet. This Sead version looks like hoarded old stock to me but I could be partially wrong.

It's basically a rep watch that never cost a great deal of money to manufacture. Price will be up to the factory then I guess and hopefully won't be limited to cartels.

I never pay much over $200 for a rep of a watch, it starts to get absurd. And especially in this economy. You could tuck that money away in a bank for a while and use it to fund a gen if it gets that outrageous. But $450 for a rep of <insert any watch here> I won't buy.

Edited by amptor

I also believe this will be over priced... to have true super rep status I think x2 AR is a must, along with the happy feet fix and the globe engraved on the case back... I think we might be in for a disappointment on both price and features... but here's hoping :(

Yeah I have a HUGE doubt that it will have the globe on the back. It might have the serial number this time. But I have never seen a rep caseback with globe. They also need to fix the engraving on the caseback. The gen doesn't have PLANET OCEAN engraved. It is stamped into the metal. I have a cheaper rep that was done this way. Also happy feet fix, that is somewhat doubtful that they will fix either. I am guessing that most of the watches produced now use dials coming from the same places, just assembled in different factories. It will probably end up being the same ol same ol Porrika style dial with happy feet that we are all used to seeing even on 4th generation PO and "Sead" which nobody has pointed out if the Sead is different than the 4th gen yet, just that the price was kind of inflated. Most dealers used to charge $200-$235 for the 4th generation PO. I ended up getting a deal off of silix when those were still made but regretted that deal. The one I currently own came from Ruby and is fine. Just um, never send a watch back to her for repair you will be sorry that you did.

Double AR.. I'd rather have the other flaws fix than fuss about something that could be later coated onto the crystal if it mattered that much. Double AR versus single AR is definitely not a glaring flaw to me.

While I love mark-up as much as the next guy, you always have to keep your eyes open for Dealers who sports a more realistic price schedule. The UPO 45.5mm with Asian ETA was $180 at WatchWoot before he finally burned out and closed his storefront a few months ago.

I'm not against anyone making a good living. If you're a dealer here and you charge a lot ... well I don't mind at all ... there are alternatives.

Ya 180 would be more like it. I'd snatch up the next 42mm PO in a heartbeat without any question for 180 bucks.

Well they can count me out.

some of us don't have fat wrists man. I measured and that 45mm would look very clumsy on me, possibly even nerdy. Too big. My steelfish is already bad enough.

Edited by amptor