When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 42mm Planet Ocean made from genuine

lanikai

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow, this one made my heart jump with joy! THANKS for posting the great news Lani. I do LOVE the PO. I didnt know that the current UPO's were made using just pictures......So im assuming this one should be an improvement. Im glad its the 42mm too. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Brilliant cant wait.

Best

/OS

Actually I think the Omega line has been so far..... one of the best brands replicated.. at a time when other brands really dropped the ball.. the UPO was very good the SMP chrono was excellent.. then came the Speedmasters which were really done well..

speedys003.jpg

omegasmpchrono008.jpg

One of my fave Speedy' .. the vintage red.. the maker did an outstanding job with this one

oemgaspeedysreps002.jpg

As a whole I think the Omega brand has done very well for Us..

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Silix claims to already offere an updated model over the 4th generation but nobody seems to have bought one and posted photos. This is by far my favorite watch of all time. And I'd agree this is a better watch to own in gen than a submariner. It is aesthetically a great deal more appealing and a much better deal, not to go into details of what the AD told me about coaxial escapement being much more refined than the movement inside a rolex which I'm not totally in agreement with. Well if it isn't out already, then what the heck is Silix offering? Silix is acting like it is already out imho.

And above, that seamaster with black&white dial looks a hell of a lot better than any rolex daytona I've ever laid eyes on. Plus the blue seamaster with chronos was done extremely well and looks almost 100% identical to a gen.

Edited by amptor

I have to admit, I'm really begining to love the Omega line. I was always Breits and Tags before. But I got a 42mm POrikaa and I totally loved it, then got a 45mm UPO and think it's amazing, then got the gen 45mm and recently bought the PO chrono, which, guess what?! I love it!! Them along with the 2 Speedy's and an SMP, and Omega are fast becoming my top brand. Really looking forward to how this turns out!!

Sixx :bones:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Silix claims to already offere an updated model over the 4th generation but nobody seems to have bought one and posted photos. This is by far my favorite watch of all time. And I'd agree this is a better watch to own in gen than a submariner. It is aesthetically a great deal more appealing and a much better deal, not to go into details of what the AD told me about coaxial escapement being much more refined than the movement inside a rolex which I'm not totally in agreement with. Well if it isn't out already, then what the heck is Silix offering? Silix is acting like it is already out imho.

And above, that seamaster with black&white dial looks a hell of a lot better than any rolex daytona I've ever laid eyes on. Plus the blue seamaster with chronos was done extremely well and looks almost 100% identical to a gen.

There are lot of different makers trying to out do and out market the next.. ergo the secrecy in the release until the last minute.. or in this case announcing it in advance.. perhaps because to the competition.. who knows..

the makers are reinventing the wheel, so to speak.. because.. imo.. the PO is like the Sub.. it will never fade away..

but as far as the genuine.. to service the CoAxil movement costs about 4 to 5 hundred.. and not all watch smiths have the special tools.. ergo it has to go to the AD for service and that's like taking it in to the Car dealer for a tune up.. mcuh more $$ involved..and I never trust the car dealers or AD's in giving an honest appraisal of the work done..

Although a gen is a gen.. I'll stick with the franken UPO and soon PO..

I myself would not pick the PO "over" the Rolex subs.. but they each have distinctive personalities and I like them both

AC/Lani

Well if Silix claims that he has it already, someone should ask him for some pics... :whistling:

:evil2:

You have to buy the watch before silix will send pics. I am wondering though if we just should wait a few months. I know that silix, among most of the other SZ sellers on this board were going directly into the watch factory to pick up these time pieces, so I am sure that silix has direct link to the factory.

I didn't know coaxials were that expensive to maintain but well maybe I am uneducated on what kind of movements are in these things. I know a coworker of mine has an aquaterra but I don't know if it is coaxial and he's always having problems with it. then again, I tell him where to go here to get it serviced and he spends the same money to service it in HK.. people don't listen to me :) and I know the best places nearby here to take a watch to.

The only thing that griped me about the 4th gen was the crown. But would be nice to have the correct crown, pearl, correct He location again (why don't they do this right on current models escapes me completely), and omega emblem under the 12 needs flat feet and people have noticed this from the beginning, before the 4th gen. Accepting gen crown tube would at least be a start. The gen crown is not expensive at all.

Edited by amptor

Actually I think the Omega line has been so far..... one of the best brands replicated.. at a time when other brands really dropped the ball.. the UPO was very good the SMP chrono was excellent.. then came the Speedmasters which were really done well..

speedys003.jpg

omegasmpchrono008.jpg

One of my fave Speedy' .. the vintage red.. the maker did an outstanding job with this one

oemgaspeedysreps002.jpg

As a whole I think the Omega brand has done very well for Us..

Fantastic Omega collection Lani!

That vintage red is very striking!

The only thing that griped me about the 4th gen was the crown. But would be nice to have the correct crown, pearl, correct He location again (why don't they do this right on current models escapes me completely), and omega emblem under the 12 needs flat feet and people have noticed this from the beginning, before the 4th gen. Accepting gen crown tube would at least be a start. The gen crown is not expensive at all.

the caveat to dissecting the genuine ...imo.. is it still doesn't cover the issue of the movement.. the movement dictates the crown position.. so there is no way around that .. fingers crossed for that issue as well as the other details.

it is another under-rated replication ..imo..

the genuine

32105200.gif

80428053.jpg

I certainly agree Lani. Joshua was going to send one for me to review but it got snagged by the customs. :( That was a shame, it would have been nice to see in the flesh. Great looker and really underrated rep... one of the best for sure.

The Speedmaster Retro is my next watch, that a SOH and a white dial Speedmaster date for the wife.

So when it comes I will do as good a review as possible on It, maybe all three actually. As I have a good camera now and more importantly a Gen Moonwatch and SMP 300. So should be good to compare.

However By-Tor, not sure it will be on a par with your reviews, so don't get excited! But I will promise take lots and lots of pics.

The only other problem is the dealer I will probably get them form can take a while, so, well not much I can do about that, other say when they arrive I will do the review straight away.

Kind regards. Marc.