When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do your rep/s go on holiday/vaction with you?

PeteM

So with Christmas and New year over people tend to start thinking about booking their holiday/vacation/leave but when you go what do you guys take with you, now I DONT mean what makes, brands etc but.... do you take reps or leave them at home?

Does it depend on the country your going to? If so which countries are the riskier?

If you take reps how many do you go with?

Whats the experience do you guys have with reps on holiday/ vacation?

I've previously taken 3 reps to Spain on a visit. One for daily wear, one to wear for meals out, and one as a backup. When I went to Tokyo, I took two. One on my wrist for daily wear, the other Emily wore on a strap (intended as a 'dress watch' for going to my friend's wedding) I figured it was safer for us to be only have the one watch on us 'just in case'. Amusingly, at Narita, there was indeed a wall occupied by counterfeit goods. The Sub which was on display wouldn't even get $10 on CQout, but there were some very nice handbags in the display :lol: The way I look at it, my watches are my watches, and a customs official would have to be pretty bored and pissed off to bother about what's on my wrist :lol:

I wonder if anyone has had problems at customs going in to a country?

and with the ones you guys take are they the good reps you own or the ones you wouldnt mind so much if you lost?

I wonder if anyone has had problems at customs going in to a country?

and with the ones you guys take are they the good reps you own or the ones you wouldnt mind so much if you lost?

i just wear the one watch usually a chrono. have gone through different countries without any issues. Don't think any customs officer will pick on a rep. they look out for drugs and firearms not rep watches :rolleyes:

If it is a "car" trip, I will take a few.

Generally speaking, our vacations usually involve some adventure (Scuba, Surf, Ski, etc). That said, I always take a Seiko. (Soon maybe a Doxa)

Work trips, I usually just wear one of my Gen's for the whole trip.

Do or can any of the latest scanning equipment at airports both personal or baggage harm your watch movement.

I have heard some shippers scanners can do this to watches in transit but wasnt sure if this could apply to the ones used at Airports?

Do or can any of the latest scanning equipment at airports both personal or baggage harm your watch movement.

I have heard some shippers scanners can do this to watches in transit but wasnt sure if this could apply to the ones used at Airports?

Took my Graham to Las Vegas went through without problem in my laptop bag. Left from DIA to LAS went through x-ray machines in each airport without problems... the two laptops, two DSLR cameras, external drives, several CF cards, 5 canon battery backs, plus three in the cameras, and my ipod all made it through without a problem. Just I took up a bunch of those silly plastic bins. one for the shoes, one for each laptop, cameras in one, laptop bag in one...

Always the same; waterproofed BK YM on my wrist and a PAM251 in my personal electronics bag (except to Italy - then the PAM stays home). Watch #3 varies and it goes in a watch case in my carry-on.

Never a gen; my hotel room was robbed a few years ago

Never been bothered by anyone in customs. But then again, my wife is wearing $$$ worth of jewelry.

JW

• 1 month later...

Anyone care to say, What, they bring with them? If you had to narrow it down to to put into a 4 watch traveler:

1) Chrono

2) Dressy Hand Wind

3) Sporty auto

4) Quartz for outdoor activity

I am trying to narrow my collection down to include 2 for each category and then 2 misc other favorites - 10 watch total I always like to hear other peoples suggestions as to their preferences....