When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow!even Rolex makes mistakes?

jmarin.72

and in typical 'gen-owner-fashion' nobody there even noticed. :bangin:

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well no wonder,considering the fact that when some idiot posted pics of his rep GMT IIc it took them 25 posts until someone finally noticed that

the gmt hand was not in the correct order :bangin:

So much for the "Rolex dials are always perfect,if your dial has some kind of imperfection then it is a rep"

thing!!!

I have a gen DateJust, and the coronet on the dial has 1 leg of the crown (the one on the left) that isn't quit spaced the same as the others! I'm sure no one but me notices it. When I get the watch serviced I'll have someone nudge it over a smidge.

<---- well... seems like...

IT IS A REP!!!! :black_eye::thumbsupsmileyanim::rofl::rofl::rofl:

george

The '12'o'clock triangle isn't perfect on the Pepsi, either. Lume hasn't been applied perfectly.

The watch is definitely genuine though. I'd find that kind of flaws disturbing (on my gen). :thumbdown:

I learned in physics class in college that there is no such thing as 100% accurate in the real world.

But on the other hand, these flaws to be noticed from a distance with the naked eye are kind of silly paying that much money for a watch. I would have to check over a rolex at the jeweler before putting down money on one just in case. That is a lot of money to spend for something that needs to be serviced right away imho.

but yeah those genuine boards have shown flaws in watches and it is kinda silly when they lambast replicas which cost a fraction of the price. most people in the free world only know what a rolex is. if you flash a $2000+ tag, omega, or breitling in front of them almost nobody will know what the heck it is. might as well save some cash either way ;)

I've had a close look at many an AD window display and most Rolex watches are finished to very high standards, the exception to this seems to be lume application though. I've seen several with uneven lume fills or small holes left by bubbles during application, for the price of the watch this is completely unacceptable (to me anyway).

Despite the rolex media machine image of old Swiss watch experts with a loupe in one eye carefully checking and assembling watches and taking as long as is needed, the truth is an automated machine that churns out a watch every 30 seconds or so. Its almost certain that a lot of these don't get detailed visual checks.

Mind you, the rep communities have been spoiled over the last few years, we now find and complain about flaws on reps that would pass QC on a gen and nobody would think more of it.

• 2 weeks later...