When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(insert name of clean Italian team here)

Now now JTB, we don't want to exclude r11co completely do we? ;)

Oh and if anyone says Inter, you should read about some of the old times, 1965 European Cup SF springs to mind

(I'm not THAT old but it's pretty well documented).

Hold on, are Perugia Girls 2nd XI in the Champions League??? What's that? Their entire back four have been taking hormone supplements? Apparently they claim a doctor gave it to them and called it 'the Pill', yeah right :rolleyes:

@to Ken and Alan, relax guys May will come by in an eyeblink. If you follow it (Harry K is still at Liverpool last I checked) you'll find you might actually grow to love the game the rest of the world loves :D

Hey jtb, or other mods, can I change team before kick off? I can't face having to share my winnings with Ken AND Pug should Real do the unthinkable and win.

I already pledged to give $20 to RWG if Real won, how's about I offer to double that if my new team wins...?

dcrooz - Please pm Admin. I'm at work.

JTB

Ok a little late, but perhaps people could have multiple teams but have to pay for each one?

Also, they could enter a team more times than 1, therefore getting a bigger percentage of the winning pot if that team wins, and they have to share the winnings? All in the interests of the board of course, and to raise a little extra. :3a::2a::1a:

Champions League 12/09/2006
Roma - S.Donetsk 4 - 0
Olympiakos - Valencia 2 - 4
PSV - Liverpool 0 - 0
Galatasaray - Bordeaux 0 - 0
Sporting Lisboa - Inter 1 - 0
Bayern - S.Moskva 4 - 0
Chelsea - Werder Bremen 2 - 0
Barcelona - L.Sofia 5 - 0

I sense bets about semis and finals.. and single matches, long before the end of may ;)
You could be right ;) although not quite sure how this will work? However, since I originally tipped them as an outsider (below), I'll happily place some dough on Valencia for the SF based on what I heard of their performance tonight - really pleased for Nando :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Valencia - Starting to look strong again, building up after the loss of a certain Rafa Benitez. Joaquin has signed, Morientes has a point to prove after his disappointing Liverpool career (like his loan spell at Monaco, when he knocked his employers Real Madrid out of the competition), and David Villa is quite simply, one of the most exciting young strikers around right now. Solid at the back, creative in the middle, a class act. Under Benitez, they broke up the monopoly of Real and Barca with 2 La Liga titles in 3 years and a UEFA Cup. They've also made the CL semis twice previously.

DBR's Verdict = Good each-way bet, could well go far but equally could fail to ignite - the group stages will offer a glimpse of what is to come.

p.s. feeling very underwhelmed by the LFC v PSV result :unsure:

Dutch club Philips Sport Vereniging Eindhoven, one of the better clubs in Holland of all times..

Often seen as a feeder/development-club for a host of stars to bigger clubs around Europe.

Won the european cup, which is now replaced by the Champions League, in '88

Seems Barcelona had the best start... seems Alan and i are leading :bleh:

There is no such thing as leading, as a team who lost last night can still win the whole competition! :rolleyes::bangin::bicycle::Jumpy: