When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

Half time results

Milan - AEK 2-0

Anderlecht - Lille 1-0

Porto - CSKA 0-0

HSV - Arsenal 0-1

Man U - Celtic 2-2

København - Benfica 0-0

Lyon - Real Madrid 2-0

Dynamo Kiev - Steua Bucuresti 1-3

Been watching ManU - Celtic on TV, and the highlights of the other games on WEB TV, amazing football played in some of the games, Steua being the most impressive and Celtic doing OK against MU.. And oh, Arsenal has Hoyte on now, so I don't wanna hear anything about "Francenal" ;)

Full Time results:

Milan - AEK 3-0

Anderlecht - Lille 1-1

Porto - CSKA 0-0

HSV - Arsenal 1-2

Man U - Celtic 3-2

København - Benfica 0-0

Lyon - Real Madrid 2-0

Dynamo Kiev - Steua Bucuresti 1-4

I guess old Ole was all ManU needed, DBR ;) Some great attacking by MU though, but Celtic were good at times, Gravesen was terrible! Steua's football was impressive, some great goals too! I'm happy with Arsenal's start, even though Van Persie went down like a sack of beans.. Much like Giggs.

No big surprises tonight, huh? Have not seen Real's game, but Lyon is no push-over, and I have no doubt they will go far.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw that Lubos Michel was refereeing tonight I thought "Oh dear that's Man Utd with a goal of a start" and whilst they didn't score first the peno was a disgrace.

Lubos Michel was our referee in Seville and looked on as Porto dived all over the place.

Gravesen giving the ball away causing the 3rd goal was unforgiveable and although Man Utd had a heap of other chances - we had chances too.

Disappointed that we didn't take something from a game that we deserved to.

It ain't over yet.

JTB

Shame about Real, but there we go. Knew I should have changed teams!!

best and worst moments of the night were probably in the Arsenal game. Rosicky's goal was simply superb, bu Van Persie's dive was a joke. It is so obvious it isn't even funny. The bad thing is that he's no different from most other players...

Remember back when nobody took a dive in England? People fought to stay on their feet inside the box.. ..then Jürgen Klinsmann came.

And btw, Fabregas made up for Van Persie's dive by not going down when he was fouled at the end of the first half.. Two different types of players that.

Remember back when nobody took a dive in England? People fought to stay on their feet inside the box.. ..then Jürgen Klinsmann came.

And btw, Fabregas made up for Van Persie's dive by not going down when he was fouled at the end of the first half.. Two different types of players that.

Aaaah, the old North London rivalry rears it's ugly head ^_^

Right, so Klinsmann's to blame for the scourge of the modern game, let's burn him at the stake :rolleyes:

As for Fabregas, sure he may not know how to dive (Thierry will tutor him no doubt), but he's lethal with a pizza slice ;):lol:

See? This is what young guys get for offering the opposition's manager a slice of their tasty pizza.. :D

As for Fabregas, sure he may not know how to dive (Thierry will tutor him no doubt), but he's lethal with a pizza slice

Anyway, we all know spaniards prefer paella, so the caterer at Old Trafford is to blame!

I have it from the horse's mouth (no, not Van Nistelrooy's) that they mostly hit Rooney, but Ferguson said that it had hit him to prevent the young lad being ridiculed in the press.

(you have got to respect that in a manager)

Poor old JTB :bicycle:

Christ, how gut-wrenchingly frustrating to know it was there for the taking but for a couple of FUs :o:unsure:

Time for an avatar substitution there, perhaps ;) else you could always photoshop a bullseye on his shiny forehead :lol:

Psst..................I wouldn't lay it on too thick, jtb's got one of those ban button thingy's too :black_eye: .... :lol:

Ken ;)

See? This is what young guys get for offering the opposition's manager a slice of their tasty pizza.. :D

Anyway, we all know spaniards prefer paella, so the caterer at Old Trafford is to blame!

I have it from the horse's mouth (no, not Van Nistelrooy's) that they mostly hit Rooney, but Ferguson said that it had hit him to prevent the young lad being ridiculed in the press.

(you have got to respect that in a manager)

Not what Cashley Cole says....and what reason would he have to lie???

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/5341166.stm

In his book, Cole also reveals his own version of events over the so-called 'battle of the buffet' - when slices of pizza were thrown at Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson following Arsenal's 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford in 2004.

"This slice of pizza came flying over my head and hit Fergie straight in the mush," he revealed.

"The slap echoed down the tunnel and everything stopped - the fighting, the yelling, everything. All eyes turned and all mouths gawped to see this pizza slip off that famous puce face and roll down his nice black suit.

"All I can say is that the culprit wasn't English or French, so that should narrow it down."

LOL!! So no-one had ever dived in this country before Klinsman came along??? That's the biggest joke in the world. It really bugs me that the English consider themselves a non-cheating, non-diving country. Some of the biggest and worst dives I have seen in my life were carried out by Steven Gerrard (numerous occassions), Michael Owen (throughout his career), Beckham, Lineker (note; pre-Klinsmann) etc etc etc...

Apart from that I agree about Fabrega's, the guy's class (apart from pizza-gate, you don't do that to Fergie!).

Psst..................I wouldn't lay it on too thick, jtb's got one of those ban button thingy's too :black_eye: .... :lol: Ken ;)

Trust me Ken, he knows I share his pain, more than you realise ;)

If you're interested, here's an indepth explanation for future reference:

Liverpool and Manchester United :starwars:

Liverpool and Glasgow Celtic :group:

Some of the biggest and worst dives I have seen in my life were carried out by Steven Gerrard (numerous occassions), Michael Owen (throughout his career), Beckham, Lineker (note; pre-Klinsmann)

Ok, Tottenham players do not count, dcrooz.. They have to do anything to not be relegated, so they are excused. Other than that they all learned from the fact that Klinsmann helped his team to a LOT of goals by diving, and screaming like a girl. :D It's not like a dive was never taken before Klinsmann, but it was more of an exception than a rule like it is now.

@ docblackrock ..Ashley who? we are talking about football players not girls. Wenger is a true gentleman, and I'd take his word over a belittled player's any day.

'The crowd didn't sing my name' ^_^

Cole, Gallas, Arsenal, Chelsea...clubs and players all deserving of each other IMO :whistling:

Wenger may be a good manager but as a person he's a complete numpty, plus we all know his legendary 'eyesight' issues, especially when it comes to fouls committed by his players.

Yes Cole is a whiney little girl, but I state again, what motive could he possibly have to lie about the pizza hitting Ferguson "in the mush"??? :lol: Nothing to do with him personally and his grievances at the club or Chelsea either.

Don't ruin my imagination on this one ok, it's priceless I can just picture it now *slap* :lol: oh to be a fly on the wall.

Anyway I'll be sure to ask Fabregas himself (remember, next year in Madrid? ;)) so no point arguing.

Yes doc, I think you're right. Will do when I get home and he doesn't get used as an avatar again until he smartens his ideas up!

JTB

Hate to say it, JTB, but what did you expect?

You may tell yourself he came from Real Madrid, but deep down I always think of him in that Everton shirt - once a Blue always a Blue, as Wayne Rooney once said (a week prior to leaving for Man U :rolleyes:)

Anyway, cheer up, take pride and replace avatar with JVOH - he's your man alright, I was very impressed.

At least Gravesen stands there like a man, saying that he was awful, and he's the reason they lost. Adding that a 15 year old could do better passing the ball..

Not too many players would say that. I'm pretty sure Gravesen will be back with a vengeance, and his name remembered for great things in scotland.

I doubt you'll be going to support Arsenal.

You are correct, on so many levels. ;)

At least Gravesen stands there like a man, saying that he was awful, and he's the reason they lost. Adding that a 15 year old could do better passing the ball..

Not too many players would say that. I'm pretty sure Gravesen will be back with a vengeance, and his name remembered for great things in scotland.

True, I give him credit for that but then there's no real hiding place - the team played very well, he had a mare. Not much different from Pepe last weekend. Both will put it behind them.

Sorry I missed this. I would have picked AC Milan, but we'll see.

I watched the Real Madrid v. Lyon game and could not believe how bad RM looked. It could have easily been 4 or 5 in the first half. I know Lyon has dominated the domestic league, but frankly I didn't think much of their chances. Time will tell if it was a great Lyon or a terrible RM. I guess Fabio has much more work to do.