When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

Coff.. Arsenal beat Man Utd fair and square..

Even Ferguson said they were the better team, and that without Henry and Van P..

Liverpool is in trouble without John Arne "Lefty" Riise..

Things are looking up, and saturday Shef U are gonna get thrashed.

'The table don't mean [censored] before december!' -Unknown- (probably a spur)

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning chaps, sorry been keeping a low profile after the weekend :( Where for art thou Johnny Riise??? :cry:

@Ape - nice result, glad someone has finally burst that particular bubble (oh look we're the best after having played 4 crap relegation-level sides :rolleyes:)

@JTB - is it just me or does JVOH look like the bastard lovechild of Marc Overmars and Franny Jeffers? :lol: Good luck against the 'Gers on Saturday - derbies are also not my favourite topic right now :(

Not that I want to gloat but, Get it Right Up Ye!

First off let us all ponder as to WHY on earth, Sissoko didn't get sent off???

Yellow card was just, then he made 2 tackles afterwards one on Lamps, the other on Batman's Sidekick which were worse, and yet managed to escape punishment. Oh and Ballack deserved to walk, poor tackle and rules is rules!

Next off we have an absolute wonder strike from Didier "absolute diddy" Drogba, which NOONE was expecting so no blame can be allayed with Reina.

Liverpool should have had a penalty as Lamps definately pushed stevie, HOWEVER so should we when we had a man Assaulted by Carragher and Agger in the box, so all's fair in love an footy.

At the end of the day a decent performance from us a man down, and a poor showing from a decidely unimpressive LFC side who have a long way to go.

I am looking forward to having a fully fit Chelsea side which can utilise all of the assest that they have aquired over the past 2 seasons.

The title is still Chelsea's to lose, as they are going to be the most consistant yet again this year, but hopefully it won't be over at christmas like last year and there will be a few teams in the mix come the end of the season.

As for Man U, couldn't have happened to a better team. Hate them, and they had played nobody and suddenly they were world beaters, they have no squad depth and are not prepared adequately for a long season. I look forward to seeing them lose more often. Good effort to Arsenal, not a big fan of your's either but a draw or an arsenal win was always gonna be the best and also most likely outcome.

That's a lot of shiny stuff Stevie G is holding....

Sure is my friend, and beating the Chavs along the way made each one extra special :bleh: I do so love that photo of a glum Fat Frank and JT wiping away a tear :lol:

Edge - just so you know, the silver shiny thing with big handles (ears :lol:) in the bottom right corner of the montage is what a European Cup looks like ;)

Oh, and we have FIVE of them in our trophy room :whistling:

Edited by docblackrock

Tonight's games

Lille - Milan 0-0

AEK Athens - Anderlecht 1-1

Arsenal - Porto 2-0

Celtic - Copenhagen 1-0

Benfica - Man Utd 0-1

Real Madrid - Dynamo Kiev 5-1

Steua Bucuresti - Lyon 0-3

CSKA Moscow - Hamburg 1-0

If my connection is not fooling me :)

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/index.html for tables and stuff

Won 5-1 today! two new signings scoring 3 of the goals.. But it was against Dynamo Kiev, so it don't really count.. check previous page for my score list :)

Ken, don't listen to him, of course it counts!!!! Dynamo Kiev are not a great team but they are in the competition and have to be shown some respect. Real Madrid appear to be gelling as a team and early losses in the group stages are nothing to worry about. RVN has proved deadly in the competition over the years. I, for one, am feeling quite confident about Real's chances...

:D

Ken, don't listen to him, of course it counts!!!! Dynamo Kiev are not a great team but they are in the competition and have to be shown some respect. Real Madrid appear to be gelling as a team and early losses in the group stages are nothing to worry about. RVN has proved deadly in the competition over the years. I, for one, am feeling quite confident about Real's chances...

:D

mwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

:lol:

:rolleyes:

:whistling:

Personally even if we beat the Turks covincingly at Fortress Anfield tonight, IMO it still 'doesn't count' as a serious marker laid down for the rest of the tournament, just another group game.

Still I guess Real fans have got to be grateful for any small comforts right now, like the 'fantastic news' that Beckham may be signing a new (6-week clause-ridden marketing) contract :rolleyes:, or that RVN will now go on to score 30 goals this season just like he (never) did at Man Utd....pffffff, horses for courses as they say ;):lol:

Aaah sod it, whilst I'm deriding Madrid and dicing with the wrath of Ken (:pray:), I may as well get this off my chest - that '9' you wear on your left arm is really only a '4' or '5' most - the others don't count as no-one else actually bothered to turn up to play back in the '50s :bleh:

We're off and running now chaps.

Hail Hail

124007-20896.jpg

JTB

I should bloody hope so JTB, anything else last night would have meant a huge mountain to climb.

Well done nevertheless, still irked that you bhoys let the Mancs off the hook last time out :brow:

By the way, I did a double take at that picture, it was Kobenhavn's sponsors ;) unless that's what Chris Kirkland looks like these days :lol:

RVN will now go on to score 30 goals this season just like he (never) did at Man Utd....pffffff, horses for courses as they say ;):lol:

RVN was nothing short of prolific at ManU - an unrivalled goals per game tally in recent years I believe - including some against your beloved unless I am mistaken!

Aaah sod it, whilst I'm deriding Madrid and dicing with the wrath of Ken (:pray:), I may as well get this off my chest - that '9' you wear on your left arm is really only a '4' or '5' most - the others don't count as no-one else actually bothered to turn up to play back in the '50s :bleh:

check your football history - yes, the first tournament was short of proper competition but after that there were good teams in the competition. And if you are suggesting that the 50's Real Madrid of Di Stefano, Puskas and Gento weren't up to it well, then..... :bangin:

RVN was nothing short of prolific at ManU - an unrivalled goals per game tally in recent years I believe - including some against your beloved unless I am mistaken!

check your football history - yes, the first tournament was short of proper competition but after that there were good teams in the competition. And if you are suggesting that the 50's Real Madrid of Di Stefano, Puskas and Gento weren't up to it well, then..... :bangin:

Laud Ruud all you like, yes his first few years at Man U yielded lots of goals (esp in Europe), however even before the Ferguson spat and his departure, his influence had waned and being the world's worst team player (the reason for his unrivalled unpopularity amongst both fellow pros including even his own team-mates!) meant he was bound to leave. No doubt after a honeymoon period (much shorter than at Man U I'll wager) it'll be the same story and he'll go home to PSV (assuming they meet his wage demands that is).

Di Stefano and Puskas were greats, however RM's first 6 trophies were won against the likes of mighty Stade de Reims (twice), the monsters of Eintracht Frankfurt, and the internationally-famous Partizan Belgrade. Uh-oh, I can hear a comeback here muttering Bruges and BMG, oops :lol:

Am I wrong or does history prove that Dutch strikers tend to be right moody tossers with rice-glass egos?

RVN........Van Hoojidonk.........Van Basten..........even smokie joe Cruyff could throw a strop or two.

Discuss.

JTB

Thank you JTB, case closed I think - you've hit the proverbial tulip on the wooden shoe :lol:

*edit* don't forget poor old Jimmy Floyd Hasseilbank!

Edited by docblackrock

Laud Ruud all you like, yes his first few years at Man U yielded lots of goals (esp in Europe), however even before the Ferguson spat and his departure, his influence had waned and being the world's worst team player (the reason for his unrivalled unpopularity amongst both fellow pros including even his own team-mates!) meant he was bound to leave. No doubt after a honeymoon period (much shorter than at Man U I'll wager) it'll be the same story and he'll go home to PSV (assuming they meet his wage demands that is).

Di Stefano and Puskas were greats, however RM's first 6 trophies were won against the likes of mighty Stade de Reims (twice), the monsters of Eintracht Frankfurt, and the internationally-famous Partizan Belgrade. Uh-oh, I can hear a comeback here muttering Bruges and BMG, oops :lol:

The mighty Stade de Reims were to be fair to them the French Champions at the time and they made it to the final. I hate to come out with cliches but you can only play who you're pitted against! However, the competition struggled at first due to the fact that certain FA's asked their clubs not to enter. ManU went against this and entered the 2nd tournament. Liverpool would have made their 1st appearance in 1964 unless I'm wrong. The fact that Bayern, AC, Liverpool etc weren't in it before was because they weren't champions. Now, you might say that Real's dominance in Spain during the time of Franco was dubious at best but you can't argue with their performances in international tournaments!!

Oh, and speaking of stroppy Dutch strikers let's hope Dirk Kuyt has broken that particular mould!

Oh, and speaking of stroppy Dutch strikers let's hope Dirk Kuyt has broken that particular mould!

Dirky Boy does not know what the word 'stroppy' means - the ultimate team player made from hard Northern stock, just ask any Feyenoord or Ajax fan for that matter, even there he was respected and admired.

I have a mate who got chatting to him (stuck in a traffic jam ^_^ ) the week he signed, and he said Kuyt was the nicest, friendliest, most humble guy he'd met in a long time - more than happy to chat to a 'fan in the street' - very rare these days, very rare...

Oh and he's going to score a hat-trick tonight just you wait! C'mon you mighty Reds!!!! :1a: