When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches In Movies Or Tv Show

AlexM

tyler florence on food tv seems to have a nice collection...I have scene him wearing a couple PAM's, one was a fiddy...and i saw an episode where he had on a big pilot as well...

Update, I was watching one of Tyler's shows over the weekend, and it looked like he had a Pam Destro on. Pams are pretty hard to mistake with their size and crown guard.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure John Barrowman wears a black dial Rolex Airking. In the last episode of Doctor Who, he was wearing a watch on a leather strap on his right wrist (where he normally wears his Airking) and although there wasn't a real close up of the dial, a date cyclops was noticeable on the crystal. I'm wondering if that might have been his own Rolex, but swapped onto a leather strap for filming, but the presense of the cyclops is confusing...

The Food Network is a real whos-who with watches and sometimes you get a good look with some of the closeups and camera angles. Emeril usually wears a Date-Just, but I have seen him wear what looks like an orange dialed Doxa from time to time. Bobby Flay is always wearing his Date Just. Alton Brown is a watch fanatic since I have never noticed him wear the same watch twice (noticed him wearing what looks like an IWC Pilot once). Wolfgang Puck wears Panerai. Tyler Florence wears many different watches as well and I have seen him wear Panerail on a few of his shows. Paula Deen's sons both wear Submariners and Giada DeLaurentis (sp.) has at least two Rolexes, both mens size. Al Roker wears a Submariner on his show. Yep, we do watch a lot of Food network at our house. :rolleyes:

the guy from Diners , Dives show on food network wears a TT Black Sub......the crown looks huge in some pics, makes me wonder if its a rep? lol

the guy from Diners , Dives show on food network wears a TT Black Sub......the crown looks huge in some pics, makes me wonder if its a rep? lol

I'm a serious film buff and you know already I love watches, so I'll be updating this thread with watch sightings in film.

Tonight, after we saw NEXT (based on Philip K. [censored]'s novel), I wanted to find out what timepiece watch-queen-extraordinaire Nicolas Cage was wearing. I told my boyfriend, I'm certain that's an IWC Ingenieur Chrono watch, which featured so prominently in the storyline. Well, upon doing some research in film review sites, turns out it's:

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-news/archive/i...6B-7CCD460D92BD

The Tag Heuer Carrera Tachymetre Chronograph. He is seen wearing it in the offered black leather strap, but also in one scene with the SS bracelet.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/index.lbl

Lovely timepiece.

Just came back from watch Bruce Willis' latest incarnation of "Die Hard" (Live Free or Die Hard 4...which, incidentally, was one of the best action flicks I've ever seen, or maybe I'm just sentimental because I loved Die Hard 1 so much, when I was kid):

He apparently wore a Casio, which had a promotional ad campaign tied to DH4:

281917-10902.jpg

But Timothy Olymphant (the baddie) wore a very sweet Audemars Piguet T3, with this precise strap:

281917-10903.gif

There were also cameos by Panerais on the rest of the bad guys. Love it! If you see only summer blockbuster, see this one. Especially with a full house.

What about the gotld datona worn by the bank manager in the DaVinci Code, he tries to pass it off as a rep when the police notice it.

In the book the bank manager and the police officer had a funnier exchange than in the film (as ever):

"Do ll the drivers wear Rolexes?", the agent asked, pointing to Vernet's wrist. Vernet glanced down and saw the glistening band of his absurdly expensive watch peeking from beneath the sleeve of hi jacket. Merde.

"This piece of ****. Bought it from twenty Euro from a Taiwanese street vendor in St. Germain des Pr

By the way, not sure what the ginormous watch worn by Megan Fox was in Transformers, but if you see it, let me know. It looked like a man's Breitling on an aviator strap!

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/posterx/tra...ox-070518-2.jpg

Best pic I could find. And I rather think people here won't be concentrating on the watch. *g*

What watch? ;)

Heh. Actually I grudgingly admit that she's very beautiful. I hadn't heard of Megan Fox before, as she was a small role actress before, but she's WAAY sexier than someone like say, Jessica Simpson. They should've cast Fox in Dukes of Hazzard instead...

And cornerstone, thanks for posting those PO shots in "James May's 20th Century". I found a more petite 42.5mm PO for sale here, and your photos were the ones which tipped my scales to buy it.

Was watching the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno last night and noticed Tom Arnold was flashing around his PAM 113 quite a lot...

Oh God, there goes my possible interest in that watch...at least with President Clinton it seems he has good taste in watches (PAM 089), if not women.

• 9 months later...

Just a small update to a 'long in the tooth' thread -

watched 'Next' with Nick Cage in it a few nights ago and very prominent in the film was a Tag Carrera on his wrist.

In the film Cage's character can 'see' his future 2 mins ahead of time so he uses his watch, (fairly inappropriately as a countdown timer would be handier surely), to see when things are going to happen in the 'future'.

Ham 'n' Pickle.