When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in ETA movement holders for Yuki cases?

stilty

I have received a fair amount of interest in movement holders to fit an ETA movement in a Yuki 1680 case. They will be CNC machined from brass to retro-fit a 2824-2, 2836-2, or 2846 into a case made for a Rolex 1570/1575. These will work for 1680, 1665, 1500, any 1570/75 with date.

I am also looking into getting some made for the non-date models. ETA 2824-2 into a 5513, 5512, 5517, etc.

Here are a few pictures of a prototype I have. The case pictured is a Yuki 1680. Movement is an ETA 2824-2 fitted in the case with the prototype holder.

16801.jpg

16802.jpg

16803i.jpg

16804r.jpg

Anyone interested, please let me know.

HEYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Super interested in a movt holder for 6542 case set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it happen,

MG

1030 calibre movement? It can be done, I would really need to find a 1030 to take some measurements... ideally, it would be great to have a holder where the dial pressed on

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

looking very very nice by the way!

have you tried to fit the hands on, also?

didn't install any hands. I was just test fitting the movement holder and checking stem alignment.

@mjmj I talked to my CNC guy today, he is backed up a couple weeks. still negotiating price, but it all depends on quantity. I'm hoping for $40, or less, packaged, shipped, and PP's out the door.

"Unlocking" the Rolex 1030 would create a whole new world of Frankens. Just think of the 6536, 6538, and 6542's we could start building with Yuki/ND cases and dial. All at an affordable price point all things considered. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would be in for a 1680 and 1675 holder...Would the holder for the 1675 be a problem because of the slimmer case?

Reelmin

Fish on!!!

"have you tried to fit the hands on, also?"

rolex 1530/1560/1570 etc hands:

hour...120

minute...80

second...20

rolex 3035/3135:

Eta 2801/2824/36/46 etc:

late tudor Eta uses same hands as Eta 2824 etc

early tudor Eta 2451 etc:

Eta 2671 (lady size) etc:

So...

I doubt you can broach rolex 1530/1570 hour hands enough to fit the Eta hour wheel but the other two could be fitted with a little work. You might turn the Eta hour wheel hub down a little and broach the hour hand hole for the rest. I have not tried it though.

no I meant in terms of the height, when you use eta hands on the eta movement...

I mean if you lift the dial from the movement with a spacer the hands are lower on the dial, also the yuki dial has very high indices so the minute hand could scratch on the hour markers if the dial is lifted too high and the hour hand could scratch the dial ...

It's strictly for aesthetic purposes,

but if you can find a local plating company, or jeweler who can do it, you could also have the brass ring rhodium plated like the Tudors have to make their etas fit.

it looks great and it's probably not going to very much addition to the cost...

here are a couple of members here who i helped get their rings plated, and it makes the world of difference!

Regards

Ed

It's strictly for aesthetic purposes,

but if you can find a local plating company, or jeweler who can do it, you could also have the brass ring rhodium plated like the Tudors have to make their etas fit.

it looks great and it's probably not going to very much addition to the cost...

here are a couple of members here who i helped get their rings plated, and it makes the world of difference!

Regards

Ed

I had a batch plated a while ago. It was done by a process called electroless plating and I had them done in nickel. I'll ask if they can do rhodium. They told me they can apply a very thin even layer of plating in order to not affect the tolerances. While very thin, it still had an affect and made fitting very tight. But yes, they do look great plated! If I remember, it was $4-5 each for them to do it, but I only had 10 or so done for my own use.

no I meant in terms of the height, when you use eta hands on the eta movement...

I mean if you lift the dial from the movement with a spacer the hands are lower on the dial, also the yuki dial has very high indices so the minute hand could scratch on the hour markers if the dial is lifted too high and the hour hand could scratch the dial ...

That could be solved with higher seconds pinion, canon pin and hour wheel though

Good project, stilty... And if we could somehow manufacture ETA DWs with proper flat 3 font to go along with these, you'd need to open up shop for mass production! ;)

well... I still have about 200 blanks, a Pad printer, and printing plates. just a matter of finding the correct ink mixture and the time to work on it... I know Mrs. Stilty would like something done with it all! LOL

I had a batch plated a while ago. It was done by a process called electroless plating and I had them done in nickel. I'll ask if they can do rhodium. They told me they can apply a very thin even layer of plating in order to not affect the tolerances. While very thin, it still had an affect and made fitting very tight. But yes, they do look great plated! If I remember, it was $4-5 each for them to do it, but I only had 10 or so done for my own use.

Any rhodium plating i have done is with an extremely fine layer of rhodium...I've even done complete sets of hands and never had any fit issues.

I also noticed that you are a fellow Canuck..

PM me if you are interested in knowing more about where i'm getting it done...Pretty sure it's considerably cheaper than 4-5$ a peice..

Cheers

ED