When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Honeymoon in NYC. Left Tourneau with a box!

P4GTR

Got married March 6th. Honeymooned in NY. We stayed in the Four Seasons last week on 5th Ave. Argueably the greatest hotel in the greatest city in the world, we had such an amazing time!

I was very excited to see a Tourneau across the street from the hotel, and major watch companies on ever corner.

I was not there to buy watches, but I fell in love with this Electric Blue Seamaster, the price was right, so here it is!

The dial is mesmerizing, and the lume is on FIRE.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

It's all in the details. Everything is so crisp. The bracelet is fantastic.

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

With my late grandfathers vintage Seamaster... Love and miss you Grandpa.

IMG_3437.jpg

the 15 date sits high in the date window? photo distortion?

Actually date window sitting high on ETA-based watches occasionally is very typical. ETA movements in gens aren't any different from their rep counterparts.

wait, is this a gen or a rep? that 5, and 7 hour marker looks rough and the 15 date sits high in the date window? photo distortion?

The shots I took on the 15th were taken at 10 minutes before midnight, so the date wheel began to engage. If you look at the shots taken on the 16th, you'll see it centers fine.

The wavy pattern on the SMP dial has a lot of texture to it. Naturally, under the cameras magnification you can see the hour markers are imperfect where the two textures meet. Good eye! Gens aren't perfect, we are such a scrupulous bunch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I had the whole SMP lineup out on the counter at the Omega store. My wife was ok with whatever I was to choose. The black SMP (as awesome as it is..) reminds me of a watch that wants to be a Submariner. The regular blue SMP never did it for me (I got tired of the rep almost immediately). I went back to Tourneau again, I was so gravitated to this pre-owned, electric blue quartz model. I like those big thick Luminova hour markers, and the bracelet from last years model better than the new one. A humble choice. A sweet lesson of this new beginning for me, where for the first time I have to think about someone more than myself. I am very lucky and spoiled. So I have this beautiful watch, and told my wife to spend the difference on whatever she wants...

A new coffee table is arriving Friday and the living and dining room is getting painted Saturday after we shop for one of those Persian area rugs to put under the coffee table. :lol:

post-22-126903190384_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your wedding.

Manhanttan is where its at.

Try Wempe, on 5th Ave. for the nicest watch shop in the entire world.

My Omega 2254 is my favorite watch.

The Ti version in your post is beautiful. Hope you got your wife a new Cartier.

All the best.