When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2000ft and 7 days or a week with a Double Red

FxrAndy

I had never been a major fan of Rolex, yes I started out as most to with a crap sub or in my case a Seadweller, I admired now and again, yes, particularly with the quality that we have here with the likes of Freddy and Ubi but I was never one to search out the best sub. In fact I remember on numerous times asking if the rep bracelet felt cheep and flimsy, if it did then it was like the gen. I do however recall that I always s looked with admiration at the builders of some fine vintage Subs and SeaDwellers, I once stood in Brussels and stared at Stephan

Andy great photos, who took those or have you been on a crash photography course!!!! I love the fact you have finally come around to the Rolex way of thinking. It happens to everyone at some point I am sure. Are you planning to mod more Rolexes or is this a one off?

Love the story and keep up the great photos!

Rob

Andy,

Great story and a beautiful job on the DRSD. I think you have experienced what quite a few Rolex owners have found with the older models, they tend to "Disappear" on your wrist. You totally forget you have a watch on. Welcome to the club.

Andy,

Great story and a beautiful job on the DRSD. I think you have experienced what quite a few Rolex owners have found with the older models, they tend to "Disappear" on your wrist. You totally forget you have a watch on. Welcome to the club.

A good description that

"Disappear" on your wrist

Nice work Andy ,i like the solution with the lughole drilling.

Makes a lot easier i assume.

Keep us posted on your great work and as Vicky already mentioned good work odne with the camera.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Very nice post. Reminds me of what is happening on my wrist since more than 10 days. Even though I have many, many watches and usually change them at least every day, my MBW DRSD has also "disappeared" on my wrist. A lot of people argue about the Rolex design but one things for sure - the seadweller and submariner lines are real design classics, just like the 911 or the Coke bottle.