When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here's one for Ronin

ubiquitous

OMFG! Excellent.

:Jumpy:

The story so far is we met up just under 5 hours ago. It started out like any shady back-ally deal-- the car was quickly raided by Mrs Ubi, and his two lovely children who were trying to make a fast get away with some root-beer floats. :D

5 Hours ago, this MBW POLEX 5513 had this dial on it and looked like this:

4477906313fb4fb5725e.jpg

Amazing. I told him to take his time. Evidently, that meant lightspeed. :1a:

:)

On a whim, I listed a couple of items for sale this morning; one of which was this NDT dial I had sitting in one of my parts tins. Ronin contacted me with interest, and as he is a local RWG'er, we met up this afternoon where he dropped off his watch for the dial install. We spent a few minutes talking watches and checking out each other's wrist wear for the day (Mrs. Ubi LOVES the Doxa! I have a feeling that one will be moving onto my short list now), and we then went our separate ways.

After a quick lunch, I had a bit of spare time before we had to take the kids to swim class this evening, so I figured I'd just get started on this one. So far we have:

-NDT dial

-MBW hands tinted to match the indicies (hands look lighter in the image thanks to lighting)

-Ubi aged insert

-Ubi aged pearl

IMG_3023.jpg

Next on my list is to do the CGs, and a few other small modifications...

So far, off to a great start!

Cheers,

//ubi

On a whim, I listed a couple of items for sale this morning; one of which was this NDT dial I had sitting in one of my parts tins. Ronin contacted me with interest, and as he is a local RWG'er, we met up this afternoon where he dropped off his watch for the dial install. We spent a few minutes talking watches and checking out each other's wrist wear for the day (Mrs. Ubi LOVES the Doxa! I have a feeling that one will be moving onto my short list now), and we then went our separate ways.

After a quick lunch, I had a bit of spare time before we had to take the kids to swim class this evening, so I figured I'd just get started on this one. So far we have:

-NDT dial

-MBW hands tinted to match the indicies (hands look lighter in the image thanks to lighting)

-Ubi aged insert

-Ubi aged pearl

IMG_3023.jpg

Next on my list is to do the CGs, and a few other small modifications...

So far, off to a great start!

Cheers,

//ubi

Wish i lived near you :)

Great work as always my friend!

Ps..still looking for the tachy!

Thanks, guys!

Well, this one has been taken back down into parts; I had a hell of a time trying to extract the tube from the case, so I'm going to send this one to jmb for the dirty work :) Once the tube is pulled, I'll work on the CGs, toss a gen crown/tube on and call it done. All that will be needed at that point is to drop it back off with Ronin...

As for tinting the hands... I dyed them! started with the lightest of pigments that I had and did a couple of light coats until they were a little closer to the markers in color and tone. Pretty big change from stark white to their current color, despite their subtle appearance...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

How about if I send you my antique MBW 1665 (complete with Maria's beer stains and cigar smoke) for another 5-hour quickie project?!

Gorgeous piece, Ubi! :notworthy: