When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 Bezel Assembly

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I was contacted by someone selling a 16610 bezel assembly and was wondering if this looks legit. The insert looks aftermarket to me but I can't say anything about the rest. The seller gave me a 3 day return so I can take better pictures when I get it. Any thoughts or ideas on how to tell the real deal would be great. Thanks!!!!

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

It is very hard to tell from the pics. It is certainly not new if it's genuine. The teeth have lost their sharpness on the bezel. The insert looks gen to me. If you can take the assembly apart I can tell if the retainer is genuine straight away. It looks pretty ok from this pic though. Some other experts will give their opinion I'm sure.

I think the insert is aftermarket. The "2" is always wrong. I know of no aftermarket insert that has a "2" that looks gen. On the aftermarket inserts, the line goes up and over to the right and then comes straight down almost half of the height of the number (just like this one). The gen goes up and over and just after it starts down it angles back to the left side. I want two gen inserts for this very reason...for $25 each. Come on...someone have sympathy.

Edited by preacher62

I think the insert is aftermarket. The "2" is always wrong. I know of no aftermarket insert that has a "2" that looks gen. On the aftermarket inserts, the line goes up and over to the right and then comes straight down almost half of the height of the number (just like this one). The gen goes up and over and just after it starts down it angles back to the left side. I want two gen inserts for this very reason...for $25 each. Come on...someone have sympathy.

???

I've got a gen matte dialed 16660 and the insert is exactly like this one (except mine has an aged tritium pearl)

I also have a gen matte dialed 16800 and the insert is exactly like this one (except serifed font on my sub insert)

I also have a gen 5513 with white gold surrounds that has an insert exactly like this one.

So, I'm curious as to what you are basing your opinion on. Do you have photographs of every genuine insert font style used by rolex?

???

I've got a gen matte dialed 16660 and the insert is exactly like this one (except mine has an aged tritium pearl)

I also have a gen matte dialed 16800 and the insert is exactly like this one (except serifed font on my sub insert)

I also have a gen 5513 with white gold surrounds that has an insert exactly like this one.

So, I'm curious as to what you are basing your opinion on. Do you have photographs of every genuine insert font style used by rolex?

I'm sorry JoJo...I wasn't clear. I was talking, specifically, about late model 16610s...as that is what the OP is referring to and is what many of us are trying to duplicate. This is one that is on sale on the bay and it seems that this is the "2" that is present in all of the late, gen 16610 inserts. Does Rolex modify these from time to time. If so, then I will defer.

If the above insert is fine for a late 16610 then I am delighted and will stop my search for a gen insert as it is like the one in my MBK, as well.

To answer your question...no, I have made no exhaustive study of the subject, just an observation over a couple of years.

Thanks for all your insightful postings on this forum.

Mike

picture-resized.gif

Edited by preacher62

I'm sorry JoJo...I wasn't clear. I was talking, specifically, about late model 16610s...as that is what the OP is referring to and is what many of us are trying to duplicate. This is one that is on sale on the bay and it seems that this is the "2" that is present in all of the late, gen 16610 inserts. Does Rolex modify these from time to time. If so, then I will defer.

If the above insert is fine for a late 16610 then I am delighted and will stop my search for a gen insert as it is like the one in my MBK, as well.

To answer your question...no, I have made no exhaustive study of the subject, just an observation over a couple of years.

Thanks for all your insightful postings on this forum.

Mike

picture-resized.gif

Hi Mike,

Both are in fact correct. However, the one posted in the opening thread is an earlier "flat 4" and "long 5" insert. The one you posted is for the newer subs, and is also the factory replacement part. FYI, my gen LV "Y" series (2003) has the original lumi insert with a flat four and long five.

Cheers,

JJ

Hi Mike,

Both are in fact correct. However, the one posted in the opening thread is an earlier "flat 4" and "long 5" insert. The one you posted is for the newer subs, and is also the factory replacement part. FYI, my gen LV "Y" series (2003) has the original lumi insert with a flat four and long five.

Cheers,

JJ

Thanks for the clarification. I am now happier with my three subs.

MT

Thanks for the information guys. The pearl in the pictures looked non gen to me but I feel better about it now. I will take better pictures when I get and decide if the wear is too much for this project. If nothing else, I can probably use part of it. Thanks again!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. I am now happier with my three subs.

MT

the first assembly looks aftermarket, possibly from wholesaleoutlet990. very poor bezel teeth definition, just like wso990's. Not a good assembly.

the second one looks very good, possbibly gen

I'm not talking about the insert on either one. It's hard to tell without some clear closeups.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

Okay Guys,

I received the first bezel mentioned and I have to agree with Ubi. It seems to be a genuine but it is very worn down. It was absolutely filthy and the seller said it had been lying in a bag in a drawer. It clicks very smoothly when turing it. I took it apart and tried to get better pictures. I know that the bezel teeth didn't come out very clear at all, and I apologize. They are pretty worn. The insert snapped out and it is very thick like the replacement that I have. I also test fitted the new insert I have and it will snap in as well. I am not sure about the insert but the pearl doesn't glow. I don't know if that means it is tritium or luminova. How would I tell. Anyway, if anyone has any comments (not about the poor photography skills :rolleyes: ) that would be great. If there is something you would like to see more clearly, I will try and capture it later. The other bezel looks so much better but I might just keep this one for later on down the road. You never know....Thanks again!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know the gasket number to go under the retention ring? I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere.

th_DSC_0017.jpg

th_DSC_0018.jpg

th_DSC_0019.jpg

th_DSC_0020-1.jpg

th_DSC_0021-1.jpg

th_DSC_0022.jpg

th_DSC_0023.jpg