When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

confession.....and a question

deltatahoe

i went on vacation last week, and as i was in the taxi headed to the airport, i realized (to my horror) that i had left the house without picking out a watch (or three watches for that matter) for the trip. now i know my first mistake was not planning what watches i would be bringing along in advance, but i had been really busy leading up to the trip and just didn't have time.

anyways, here is my confession: i went an entire week without wearing a watch of any kind :o the horror!! :crazy::lol:

i was on vacation in the islands, so everything was on island time anyways. while it was certainly strange at first (i can't remember the last time i went more than two days without wearing a watch, no less a whole week), there was something really nice not having to worry at all about what time it was for a week.

so that brings me to my question -- what is the longest time you've gone without wearing a watch since joining RWG? was it strange, fun, heartbreaking...a mistake like me, or intentional therapy? what was your experience while you weren't wearing a watch?

looking forward to hearing people's responses :victory:

deltatahoe

I can't last but a few hours without a watch on the wrist. Just doesn't feel natural without one.

+1

I don't like the feel of not having a watch on, and like it even less if I can't check the time at a moment's notice :D I think the longest I've been without a watch in decades, is maybe 30 minutes while performing modifications/repairs :bangin:

anyways, here is my confession: i went an entire week without wearing a watch of any kind :o the horror!! :crazy::lol:

Shame on you delta! :bangin: You dont deserve to wear a watch anymore, so send them all to me! :whistling: In all honesty I TOTALLY HATE not wearing a watch. I feel naked....my wrist feels light and I get depressed :D I have never had more than 2 watches at a time, sometimes I buy a watch, but then need to raise funds (so ill sell the one im currently wearing whilst waiting for the new one to arrive)....which means being without a watch for a week max.....but thats a long time, so I have my first ever watch (a Seiko perpetual calender) to wear in the meantime......... :yu:

I have a close mate, who has only worn a watch, infrequently, over the last 30 years.

He made a concious decision not to wear a watch unless he really needed one, so he now has a Suunto Yachtie for boating, and a Seiko Monster for diving.

Apart from those 2 times he never wears a watch. ( Although he has 2 large boats, and spends weeks at a time on them!)

O/S

(Shame on you Delta...we'll have to find some sort of punishment for this transgression!rolleyes.gif )

Hell... There are many occassions where I'm usually wearing a watch on each wrist...

I have done that a couple of times :)

I feel really naked when I don't wear a watch - never ask me for the time though, despite looking at my watches all the time :p

cheers and may you never be without a watch on your wrists :victory:

WR

I take my watch off to shower but it is the first thing I put back on after.

I have always taken it off to shower regardless of how water proof it may be so I can wash my wrist.

Other than that I always have one on.

Ken

definitely not surprised by the responses here; i'm actually surprised there was less outrage! :bangin:

it was an interesting experience to say the least, and worth trying for those of us that are addicted to watches ;)

let's hear some more stories about going without a watch :bounce:

deltatahoe

what is the longest time you've gone without wearing a watch since joining RWG? was it strange, fun, heartbreaking...a mistake like me, or intentional therapy? what was your experience while you weren't wearing a watch?

My watch-wearing goes in phases. For the past several years, I have rarely left home without a watch. But, at the same time, I have gone for as long as a week without 1 when my mind was on other things. As soon as I realized I was watchless (or looked down & realized I was not wearing a watch), I put 1 on.

I always wear a watch except on holidays.

Not wearing a watch gives me a kind of relaxed feeling with a lot of freedom.

I might give it a try in daily live since my mobile shows the time anyway.

Next question

Who has his mobile with him all the time

( i have )

Carpe Diem

Cats

i don't wear a watch when i sleep, shower, play ball, or work out .. That's about 3/4 of my week right there without a watch! :o

:black_eye:Damnit!!! I knew you would again allude one of your

dirty little... ahhh well, i get your point Plaifender but anyway

me guess not anybody wants to know, that you use to take off

your watch whilst playing with your "balls" :victory:

Something else comes to my mind:

WHO ELSE has also "the bad attitude" (and no i dont mean the balls)

taking off your watch almost immediately when sitting at

a desk (office) or table so that he can stare even more often

at the watch without "wrist bending"??

I had/have this habit almost as long as i can think...

even before getting watch/design-addicted, for ex. in school.

I almost lost 2 watches these way... fortunately the person

that "found" the watch was kind enough to remind me that i left

it lying on the table.

Having business dates also outside

my office brought me one incident where i left a watch

at the customers home :cry2: thanks to him, he ringed

me up so i could retrieve it :doh:

I often do take off my watch when dates become approx > 1hour

and when dates take more than 2 hours i also take off

my entire clothing... but thats common with greeks and

all my friends already are used to that.

I just want to know if i am the "only one" with that

watch-strip-off-habit because i find that VERY strange!?

Whatever...

George

P.S. btw if someone is really taking the time to

answer my question, could you please be so kind and also

tell me, if you ever had the experience of finding some

girls stuff (i mean a bra!!)under your front passengers seat

while cleaning your car with NO idea how and when it was placed

there?? And if this also happened to you, would you pls be so kind

and PM me also the reaction of your wife :D cause it wasnt her bra?

Edited by Katerchen

Gee thanks Delta, you know how painful it is when you tear off the scab from the last time *I* forgot my watch at home! :bleh:

Read the saga here ... Warning, this is not for the squeamish! :o

Next question

Who has his mobile with him all the time

( i have )

Carpe Diem

Cats

My iPhone is always in my pocket. The only times it's not, are if I'm bathing, swimming, or sleeping. If I'm doing any of those, it will either be in my pocket, wrapped in a towel on the pool decking, or by the side of my bed, which funnily enough, is what many have said in the past about when they wear or don't wear a watch. The only time I really take my watch off, is to repair or modify it (and if it's a long process, I will wear another while working) I never take a watch off if I'm in water (probably some past-life trauma :bangin: ) and always keep it on at night... James Bond wore his watch in bed, I learn from the Master :whistling::pardon: