When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 has been the year of the no-date vintage Sub for me...

ubiquitous

-_-

Thanks, guys :) I do appreciate the kind words!

Heh... F333- I think you hit the nail on the head. When I've got nothing to do, I start to get fidgety, and that's usually when I start looking for projects to quench that thirst. So, the past few pieces for others have been good for me, as they kind of keep me out of trouble without starting up some sort of build of my own (regardless, I still manage to get myself into some sort of mischief).

Though these days it seems as though I have anything but time on my hands :(

*sigh*

No-date is the nicest Sub, vintage or new. My old man has a modern no-date, I have always admired the simplistic look. I actually prefer this over the cyclops models.

Rolex1-full-1.jpg

If I ever buy another gen Rollie, this will be the one.

Those frankens look amazing Ubi.

PS: Will Rolex continue to produce the old styled no-date along with the 2010 fat lugs Sub?

No-date is the nicest Sub, vintage or new. My old man has a modern no-date, I have always admired the simplistic look. I actually prefer this over the cyclops models.

If I ever buy another gen Rollie, this will be the one.

Those frankens look amazing Ubi.

PS: Will Rolex continue to produce the old styled no-date along with the 2010 fat lugs Sub?

I fear not, and that's a shame, especially since the last ones were 4liners 14060!

By-Tor - Not sure about the case but I saw a pic of what was labeled a 14060M on Melrose Jewelry's web site that had rehaut engraving and no lug holes. It just looked, well, wrong...

By-Tor - Not sure about the case but I saw a pic of what was labeled a 14060M on Melrose Jewelry's web site that had rehaut engraving and no lug holes. It just looked, well, wrong...

Really? I know they put the engraving (yuck) on them but they got rid of the lugholes too? I didn't know that. The new ones probably come with SELs too, huh?

The fat lugs 2010 Sub was the biggest mistake Rolex ever made (imho). It's not an ugly watch or anything but how can they be stupid enough to touch perfection?

I know what you mean Ubi... i finally finished my 5514 project that i started THREE years ago!!!

I used to HATE the light folded bracelets and now i cant get this thing off my wrist!

Im absolutely lovin it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll post some pics when i get back home next week.

dizz

Really? I know they put the engraving (yuck) on them but they got rid of the lugholes too? I didn't know that. The new ones probably come with SELs too, huh?

The fat lugs 2010 Sub was the biggest mistake Rolex ever made (imho). It's not an ugly watch or anything but how can they be stupid enough to touch perfection?

That's easy, bro, the answer is $$s... They know that not only will n00b watch collectors and posers looking for a nice watch always think 'Rolex', but they also know that there are the collectors who will buy every variant of the watch they like, so it's bread and butter money for them :pardon:

And on topic...

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: