When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7753 has been released :D

Drulee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three words:

Breitling

Tricompax

Navitimer

;o)

Not going to happen guys. Had a message from Josh this morning regarding a 7753 Navi, and he pointed out something that I had completely forgotten about. The 7753 (and the A7753) change date via a pusher at the 10:00 position. The Navitimer however uses a slightly modified 7753 that sets the date by running the time back and forth over 12:00 AM. The only option the have would be to make a rep with an extra pusher hole at 10:00, or have no date set mechanism whatsoever.

Not going to happen guys. Had a message from Josh this morning regarding a 7753 Navi, and he pointed out something that I had completely forgotten about. The 7753 (and the A7753) change date via a pusher at the 10:00 position. The Navitimer however uses a slightly modified 7753 that sets the date by running the time back and forth over 12:00 AM. The only option the have would be to make a rep with an extra pusher hole at 10:00, or have no date set mechanism whatsoever.

good to know, thanks champ

DW overlay on a 7750 is still the best bet, i really wish someone could offer this

You don't need the pusher. Simply run the time over midnight to change the date. Of course, for several days you have to run the time through several days...

Gen navitimer works exactly that way and does not have a quick set date!

good to know, thanks champ

DW overlay on a 7750 is still the best bet, i really wish someone could offer this

At the very least this will give access to cheaper movements to create a franken with.

Old school fighters case, gen tricompax dial, A7753, and you've pretty much got all the parts you need, except the ever illusive date wheel :(

Would a rep be so bad with a pusher button at 10:00?

Siesta, if the old school 196 dial fits on the A7753 I might just share the coat with u! I'm in sg too btw :)

Damn and if they make a very good 196 I may even share underwear with someone! :) :) :)

At the very least this will give access to cheaper movements to create a franken with.

Old school fighters case, gen tricompax dial, A7753, and you've pretty much got all the parts you need, except the ever illusive date wheel :(

Would a rep be so bad with a pusher button at 10:00?

Good point...that's a disappointing realization about the date setting. Oh if life could be simple.

Good point...that's a disappointing realization about the date setting. Oh if life could be simple.

i think it boils down to living with which ever is the lesser of two evils - recessed DW or hole in the case

being that i have a couple of watches that could use this 7753 with the quick set date @ 10, i'm not entirely disappointed with this new development ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we may have several of A7753 teardowns in the works :thumbsupsmileyanim: As soon as I got my 236 last week I mailed it off to The Zigmeister for dissection and evaluation. Eagerly looking forward to what he has to say, as I'm sure everyone else across all rep boards. The Zigmeister A7750 teardown was absolutely legendary!