When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 case choice

Original Scope

Well the J&W case is the choice i would make if money were not an issue.. The NDtrading cases seem to have problems fitting gen crystals sometimes.. I would also be interested to hear some first hand info on the Yuki case as I am planning a similar build for this summer. As long as all the engraving is correct on the yuki case, then I think most other issues could be machined or modded out for considerably less cost that the Phong case.

Yeah Im in the same boat. Phong cases are always good apparently but you do pay the price. Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about the Yuki cases and not really sure what to believe.

dizz

what about MBW not good anymore?

The MBW is good.. just fitting a gen 1570 might be tricky.. I still have the MBW1680 with the gen dial that I got from you... a couple more gen parts on that one now, but same ETA movement. Its my favorite franken by far.

What about those DW submariner cases he has on ebay? They are cheap.. Has anyone seen one?

dizz

The MBW is good.. just fitting a gen 1570 might be tricky.. I still have the MBW1680 with the gen dial that I got from you... a couple more gen parts on that one now, but same ETA movement. Its my favorite franken by far.

What about those DW submariner cases he has on ebay? They are cheap.. Has anyone seen one?

dizz

is the seller raffles-time that sells DW cases?

If I ever replace the MBW mid-case in my (gen-powered) double-red, I would probably go with Yuki's case. It seems the best combination of accuracy & value.

Yuki case is better than MBW. The Zigmeister installed a 1570 on my MBW 1665 a minor modification was done to the date-wheel ring I think that is the part. Yuki has fully functional HEV right?

@Dizzy I am glad it when to a good home; it was not going to get any wrist time with me.

Yuki case is better than MBW. The Zigmeister installed a 1570 on my MBW 1665 a minor modification was done to the date-wheel ring I think that is the part. Yuki has fully functional HEV right?

@Dizzy I am glad it when to a good home; it was not going to get any wrist time with me.

To what I know, Yuki's caseset per se, doesn't have a functional HeV, you'd have to purchase that assembly separately, as freddy successfully used on his good 'ol MBW, if i remember correctly. :)

+1 on olreon's comment. I'd go with JAW or nothing, and frankly I'm not even sure the edge chamfer on the JAW case is very good either. On the other hand, if you're already decided on the Yuki dial, then perhaps the Yuki case does make sense.

that is where I got confused MBW is better that Yuki; when it comes to build a franken 1665 is just an equation of cost versus benefits. that is where i drew the line on my 1665.

MBW case

MBW Dial

Gen Flat dome

Clark's Hands

GEN tube

GEN crown

GEN movement 1570 with silver date-wheel

Gen 580 Endlinks

Gen Bracelet

Poormans Insert (Helen Wong)

Ofrei pearl

And all this put vintagized and put together by The Zigmeister. juts remember a rep is a rep no matter how close it gets..

that is where I got confused MBW is better that Yuki; when it comes to build a franken 1665 is just an equation of cost versus benefits. that is where i drew the line on my 1665.

MBW case

MBW Dial

Gen Flat dome

Clark's Hands

GEN tube

GEN crown

GEN movement 1570 with silver date-wheel

Gen 580 Endlinks

Gen Bracelet

Poormans Insert (Helen Wong)

Ofrei pearl

And all this put vintagized and put together by The Zigmeister. juts remember a rep is a rep no matter how close it gets..

Nice build. Pics?

Its been my daily beater for a while now... Its by far my favorite of all my Submariners... It must have been a couple yrs or more since i got it from you.. I cant remember but I know i've had it for a while now. Its got the same Helen Wong insert with a gen pearl now, and a nice loose gen 93150... not much more I can do to it except a gen 1570 but Im not going to bother.. cant see it anyways, and the ETA 2846 beat is close enough for me. Its definately a keeper.

dizz