When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Commodore 64

By-Tor

It's amazing how many good games there was for C64 but this was one of my favorites.

OMG I spent so many endless hours playing that game, and I could never, ever figure out what I was supposed to do with those stupid puzzle pieces!! It was fun, and infuriating all at the same time!

My all time favorite was Jumpan and Jumpman Jr. Loved those games! And the 8 bit, three voice SID (Sound Chip) on those things was so amazing sounding!

Jumpman was cool.

Other great games that I remember:

Monty Mole

Spelunker

Raid on Bungeling Bay

Whistler's Brother

Lode Runner

All Infocom text adventures

Uridium

Super Cycle

Winter & Summer Games

Pitstop II

Defender of the Crown

Maniac Mansion

M.U.L.E.

etc. etc.

Awesome. C64 was my 2nd computer after a VIC 20.

The Jumpman Series

Loderunner

Boulderdash

Winter Games

Summer Games

California Games

Hear of Africa

Paperboy

...were my most played games.

God, I ran a 24x7 BBS on a C64 back in the early 80's. @By-Tor -> the name of my BBS was "Red Sector A" :D

Load "*",8,1

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

That is very cool! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I still have my system along with extra floppy drives and keyboards.

My Dad was going to buy a ColecoVision but they were sold out so he went with the C64.

It was ahead of its time and very versatile.

You can download roms off the net and write them to a 1541 floppy drive using a pc.

http://www.c64.com/

They have Impossible Mission for the Nintendo DS, plays like the original.

God, I ran a 24x7 BBS on a C64 back in the early 80's. @By-Tor -> the name of my BBS was "Red Sector A" :D

Eaglesoft? They always had Rush lyrics in the scroller. Check this out:

Man, what a find BT, sometimes you seem like my alter E-go. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I wouldn't have done what I did today, literally (tearing down and re-soddering some connections on a laptop motherboard) if I didn't have a C64 given to me for xmas when I was like 6 years old.

My greatest acheivement with the C64, was with my dad...

raid-patch-1.jpg

Again, I was like 6. We must've played all day long, took a photo of the screen after we met the record score, developed the film and mailed the picture. In return, we have the patch. I still have it and it must've been just a day or two ago when I saw it and had a little laugh, then told my wife "this is one of my prized possessions."

River Raid... that was quite a classic. Pitfall too. But H.E.R.O. was my favorite from ActiVision.

My first gaming machine was Atari 2600, then came Vectrex. C64 was the "ultimate" as you got literally thousands of games for free.

PS: Elite (Firebird) was a great game too. I never managed to graduate from "deadly" to -> "elite". I still wonder what it took to complete the game.