When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I phone 3 or 4?

FxrAndy

I will be upgrading my phone soon and i have a choice of the Iphone 3gs 8 gb for €49 with the contract i want of an Iphone 4 for €199 with the contract i want,

My question is the i phone 4 worth the extra and why?

Would the 3gs8gb be just as good for phoning, collecting emails and occasional RWG oh and the GPS

Thanks in advance for your replies

IMO if you can get out of the contract, forget about iphone and take a good android based phone. Ive got an iphone 3gs 32gb its almost a year old and i am sorry i followed the hype instead of common sense.

I had the HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S, nowhere near the iPhone 4. Android is in baby stage ATM maybe next year will be a lot better.

iPhone 4 vs Nexus S

I have them both. For serious use (not as a telephone) the i4 is better because it has a faster CPU. Some apps load and run so slowly on i3gs that they're almost unusable. That was the bottom line when I made the same decision 6 months ago.

The advent of OS 4.0 slowed the iPhones down dramatically and the i4 is a way to mitigate some of that.

iPhone is overblown hype.......I just switched to an Android Phone - myTouch 4g (I think it's made by HTC for tMobile) and it beats the iPhone in speed. Try Tango on the iPhone 3 or 4......over their 3g system.....and tell us what you think!

Most of the apps you think you need are also available for the Android....and I love their touch KB!:thumbsupsmileyanim: IMHO.

Andy,

If you want to call, get a Nokia 6310i :yeah:

If you want to text...tell your friends to call (voice is 256 times faster than text)

If you want your mails...get a andy.com domain connected on Google and you will never miss a mail.

I mean a cell phone...is supposed to be a ...phone

Cheers

Stephane

PS: I have an iPhone 3G (not s) and I'm happy with it but realised I was only using their features to text my better half :bangin:

So my next device will be an easy to use telephone. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Andy

defenetly the IPhone 4 much better than the 3G or GS.

Better overall quality,great Retina Display, half more ram than the 3G 512MB,1Ghz CPU.

I own a IPhone 4 believe me great device and u can get most Apps for free ;)

Can guide u about it hehe.

Cheers Tribal

I have them both. For serious use (not as a telephone) the i4 is better because it has a faster CPU. Some apps load and run so slowly on i3gs that they're almost unusable. That was the bottom line when I made the same decision 6 months ago.

The advent of OS 4.0 slowed the iPhones down dramatically and the i4 is a way to mitigate some of that.

I'm a gadget junkie...

Have been for years...

Owned [and sold] the original Motorola Brick Phone back in 1989...

I've owned and used the 3G, 3Gs, and now the 4...

Hands down the best unit on the market today...

Is the Droid software and apps good?

Sure it is...

And some of the handsets that the software runs on are pretty good as well...

But in the end - they're all clone wannabe's of the one, the only, the original...

The iPhone...

Apple has polished every aspect of this phone - Hardware and software...

The display, video, dual cameras, CPU, etc...

The little guy ROCKS...

I became so sold on it that I even ended up switchin' to a MAC as well...

Will never go back to a PC...

Double T

Running iPhone 4 with IOS 4.02 Jailbroke...

By the way I had the 2G for three years never switched to 3G and GS because they where not dramatical better. So now the IPhone 4 has all features I want on a smartphone. FaceTime is great and Skype over 3G works also fine with camera. Anyway it's a matter of taste I think. Shure Android is also nice and HTC build nice Phones but what u can do with IPhone is really amazing. I'm not a Applefanboy but for me it's the best Phone.

The whole 'jailbreak' phenomenon really says it all. It is ridiculous.

When you jailbreak it opens up a whole new arena of apps that Apple doesn't want you to know about. Like packet sniffers, gateway emulators (intercept traffic by subnet mask), traffic in/out monitors by port, laptop tethering, ability to make wifi-only apps run on 3G, FTP access, rootkit tools... it's wide open and it becomes a tool.

I had the iphone 2g, 3g, and 3gs... I gave apple the boot due to steve jobs' condescending attitude towards his customers:

"Just don't hold it like that" re antenna design flaw.

I have an HTC Desire, love it... it works great, but admittedly the iphone is still the slickest HW/SW combo available IMO

the android doesnt need jailbreaking because it natively supports homebrew apps and giving the end user the choice to fully own every aspect of their phone. not to mention a STANDARD sd slot and a usb/hdmi interface. its 2011 if you give me any device with out an sd slot or mini usb you should be out of the game (its a user controlling tactic). luckily traditional convention doesnt apply to apple, they have their marketing moniker to fall back on, who else could sell you a notebook with out a user replaceable battery, patented proprietary ac adapter, no dvd drive, and a proprietary standard(does that even make sense?) mini dvi comm port interface with intel hardware for twice the price of the pc equiv and people will buy it. you say you want OSX? run linux. anyone who says osx doesnt crash is lying. apple is brilliant at herding sheeple.

if you succumb to the hype and get the iphone 4 do indeed jailbreak or you're only using 25% of your phones potential, and do not buy the ipod touch its a severely crippled version of the iphone in ways you cant even imagine or will ever see advertised.

but truly the htc evo should get your money, theres even an app to theme the iphone like the htc evo.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-6452_7-697.html

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee