When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do people think of Replica-watch.Info site?

cougar1

I may get flamed for this, bring it on if you want but just asking what people think of replica-watch.info forums? I get that we are all in it for the reps and any sibling sites are great when we take into consideration the amount of scam sites on the web. And I realise many users on here and repgeek will most likely have an account over there...the thing is sometimes I get the impression over there from some members that they are the 'definitive' rep site, a slight arrogance abounds all the time, quite often a little quip about how rwgforum or repgeek are not quite as polished as they are. Often they'll quote how good their selection of 'trusted dealers' are the 'only' ones to deal with as somehow they have been vetted better than the other sites (Watcheden ffs!) .....and god forbid someone mentions Josh or andrew!????????

There are guys here that feel that way about this place, and guys on RG that feel that way about RG, and RWG... Nothing wrong with a little "forum pride." :) Their attitude about Josh and Andrew was silly, though. Admin at that time said "if you don't like it, don't log on". So I didn't. That's changed somewhat since Trailboss took over, but old prejudices run deep in some.

Not really any agenda mate, just thought I'd ask a simple question about the atmosphere over there at times (and acknowledged I'd probably get flamed!). I have neither been banned nor have had any arguments or axes to grind over there. I've been involved in rep forums a long time even though I'm not a big poster obviously. I was member of replicacollector for years and was a member over there before the newer evolution of the site. So its clearly just an observation rather than a shitstir! I acknowledge that every forum on the web probably has it's 'cliques' of their own, and that one seems to have its very own particular type, it makes contributing or even 'reading up on whats new' very difficult on it, as its simply not as 'open' as here or rg for that matter (imo that is!)

in my opinion the attitude to Josh and Andrew has a verified base:

1.- waterproofing... that it is not done.

2.- synthetic sapphire as mineral...

3.- pressure on other dealers to increase prices...

4.- too many white lies... here the list is large...

However, you can choose the dealer you want, and the forum you want. The majority of members are in "all" forums and we feel happy on them. Forum is made of members...

Enjoy the hobby!

There has been a bit of a clash between RWI and another boards Admin and our Admin team, this is purely based on their version of the history of the boards and the version that we who were there remember.

That said Trailboss (RWI Admin) is a good man who I have had beers with before and would do so again and their membership base and ours are very similar.

Ken

Ken, you are a gentleman, a diplomat and a scholar. Well said.

Actions and skills speak louder than words so we let this good place we call home speak for itself.

Plus, we have the Rare and Sexually Desirable Rockstar Moderators. :whistling:

There has been a bit of a clash between RWI and another boards Admin and our Admin team, this is purely based on their version of the history of the boards and the version that we who were there remember.That said Trailboss (RWI Admin) is a good man who I have had beers with before and would do so again and their membership base and ours are very similar.Ken

No you're right, membership makes the fora, and we are all more than likely crossmembers so I wasn't having a stab in that way. Nothing personal whatsover against trailboss either, ....it just seemed 'over moderated' or something over there. Anyway I'll leave it at that, it was never my intention to start a flame war or anything, and I realise I don't have to go to the site if I don't want to as the others are more than enough!

Plus, we have the Rare and Sexually Desirable Rockstar Moderators. :whistling:

LOL :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken, you are a gentleman, a diplomat and a scholar. Well said.Actions and skills speak louder than words so we let this good place we call home speak for itself.Plus, we have the Rare and Sexually Desirable Rockstar Moderators. :whistling:

Did I get made a Mod?!? No one said anything!?

Sixx :bones:

I am mostly on RG but spend a fair amount of time on this forum. I will say this RWG has a very knowledgeable, experienced base, and the best member parts sales thread. RG has the most active board post wise and the best member watch sales thread. RWI trails on all fronts. Period. I must mention the new site wrist-check as there are some really savvy and knowledgeable guys over there.

Not really any agenda mate, just thought I'd ask a simple question about the atmosphere over there at times (and acknowledged I'd probably get flamed!).

It was not my intention to flame you. It's just a touchy subject and I thought it might lead to more conflict than it would serve any good. I'm all for discussions and even direct conflict as long as I see something good coming out of it. That I could not see but the answers you received from our guys prove me somewhat wrong.

Did I get made a Mod?!? No one said anything!?

:lol: You Sir are too Rock'n'Roll even for our Furiously Hot Rockstars Mod Team! How could anyone compete? :lol:

Valerian

I'd love to to put my two cents in on this as recently I've been visiting RWI and WC while RWG remains my home forum.

They do all have their strengths but I think listing my opinion here may be taken as criticism.

I guess though, it's safe to say that RWG is number one for many reasons :thumbsupsmileyanim:

... This is probably one for the platinum section.

My general consensus is the same as most of yours. I'm an RWG guy all the way, but am members of RWI and RG. RWG just seems to have the perfect mix of class, knowledge, modesty and "free-speech". We might not compete with RG on the post level, but quality over quantity always wins in my books :) Besides that.. our board has the cleanest look of all of them :)

RWGForum = Tim, "the Toolman", Taylor, but with more knowledge of how to do things right. Just as funny, though.

RWI = An airport full of watch enthusiasts, many of which know what they're talking about. Some are families of tourists, others businessmen, all tolerating each other.

RG = Mall of America at Christmas time, but in a group- hug, with Tons of watch knowledge. They have blocked the doors open so new shoppers are arriving by the busload hourly.

RWG.net 1.1 = Howard Stern and Ricky Gervais's bastard child, who knows a lot about watches, but tends to masturbate in public MUCH too often.

(After what was done for me and my family, I love and visit ALL of them as much as I can, and these are meant to be comical observations only ;):wub: ).