When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Gen or Fake? Please tell me.

sotkfkd6324

I'd say rep, but hard to tell...

3 things get my attention:

1. second hand needle color seems to light

2. Endlinks gaps between endlinks and bracelet

3. Bezel pearl triangle goes to high to the edge of the bezel insert...

couldn't be for sure though, because of the corrected logo. and looks like this one has been used a bit due to scuff marks and scratches on the bracelet...

I think it's a rep...pearlsize/placing looks different to the gen, distance of the first stroke on the right of the pearl seems a bit different, allthough the bezel looks pretty gen for the rest

spacing between the co-axial ect text looks different, size is different when I measured it.Innerbezel(silverline) looks thinner on the gen, lugs attachment to the bracelet looks different.

All can be because the placing of the watches are not entirely the same

genorfake2.jpg

If i compare gens to reps there's one thing i always notice and that is that the reps always cheat on surfaces not easily visible. For example both my SM300 and SMP300 reps have a rugged surface between the lugs under the bracelet endlinks while photo snaps of gens show a perfect mirror finish there. I don't know if the gen PO has a perfect mirror finish under the endlinks but if you could get a photo showing a not perfect mirror finish under the endlinks i would be very suspicious.

Looks definitely gen, bezel correct, pearl correct, He valve correct size/shape, crown correct size/shape, dial perfect just not very clear from pic, finishing doesnt look great but thats what happens after a couple years wear...but overall its a crap photo with blown out highlights which actually make it look like a very good franken! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Still I hope you're not buying from one single photo like this...that would be a wrong way to go about gen purchases..

I would call this genuine but as someone said near the very top ... OPEN IT UP! There is no way a con artist is going to drop a genuine Omega movement into a high quality franken watch. It does not make cost/profit sense.

capice: the 45 and the 42mm watches are very different. your photos are of a 42 and a 45.

Edited by Jkay

Don't buy this one with only that picture. When you have one of at least the back (preferably opened so you can see the movement) one can tell if its a gen. Serial numbers are usually completely wrong/missing, caseback contains huge tells. If the seller's fine, he won't hesitate to take additional pictures.