When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new absolute favorite! Vintage 6263 Daytona

Dizzy

Specs:

DW6263 case

Clarkes t-21 crystal

Ofrei pushers

Gen 703 triplock crown

V23 movement

New DW black dial

Gen Rolex rivet bracelet with springs

:wub:

I got the V23 cheap.. needs service, but it seems to keep ok time for now. The hands needed a little work to make them fit right but it all turned out perfect in the end.

dizz

Thanks guys!!

I want to replace the domed clarkes T-21... too much distortion around the edge as you can see in the 3rd pic. If anyone has a beveled edge T-21 laying around I would be interested in buying it from you if the price is right. Either gen or good aftermarket but better than this domed crystal. Its the only thing I want to change.

dizz

Cool thank you for the link!

Thats some good info there.

As for the bracelet. Its a 7205 stetchy rivet with 57 end links. I got it about a year ago before the prices of vintage parts skyrocketed again. I might swap it out for a 7835 folded link bracelet. Not sure yet.

dizz

Great job, Dizz! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I don't know if this is your very first franken build but if it is you may very well never buy another "pure" rep. It is so much more satisfying to the soul to build 'em yourself!

Great job, Dizz! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I don't know if this is your very first franken build but if it is you may very well never buy another "pure" rep. It is so much more satisfying to the soul to build 'em yourself!

Thanks bro!

Yes i know what you mean.. I have been slowly selling off anything non vintage, and putting the money into gen parts for a small group of "keeper" watches.... Bracelets and dials mostly are my new "must have" gen parts.. except for the 6263. The DW dial will have to make do. I figured that instead of having 10 random watches, I would rather have 3 or 4 almost perfect vintages.

Dizz