When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's site being hacked and who was behind it...

Dave123

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been away from my computer for a few days and just read this thread. I would like to say that I am glad that this information has been made available to the general fora and not kept locked away in an admin thread. This needs do be known and now that the information is out there let each individual make their own decision as to who they would like to do business with. I was a longtime customer of the implicated dealer and will not be ordering from him anymore. I can not trust a person like that with my credit card information.

I have seen much of this drama over the years across the fora. Things like TTK's customer service implosion, the cartel price fixing wars etc. I look back on that drama fondly and to be quite honest without it would be like telling history without the wars!!! So another page in rep history is being written. drinks.gif

Now all the noobs who missed out on the past drama will have something to feel a part of. wink.gif

I'm disappointed: over 4 pages of setup and still no punchline.

Anyway, I seldom do business with the dealers anymore (and fewer and fewer on the boards unless I know them) but without the dealers we are stuck selling the same dozen major reps back and forth to each other.

I just assume that they will act in their own financial best interests and us voting with our $ is the only control that we truly have.

Warnings/banning for bad (anti forum) behavior is great and I trust the admin team to do their thing as usual. Keep up the good work guys.

Just my 1/2 cent

I'm not usually into fora politics, not my cup of tea, but I must say here that I completely 1000% percent agree with mod/admin team here. I guess this is why I still consider this place home, although I participate on other fora too. C'mon guys - dealer is a dealer is a dealer, no matter do you know him, love him or what. Taking sides in disputes such as this is childish to say the least. These guys have a long history ... once the two loved the third one, while he was small time photoubcket dealer, but then he started his site, started offering competing prices, and love ended, this is how even legitimate business work, let alone business of selling counterfeit goods. Why would I even want to interfere in their relationships ??? Jeez, some people really have A LOT of spare time on their hands ...

regards

Good job!!

1000% agree with you!

Guys, the dealers have been attacking each other since the dawn of time. This is a competitive business and let's not forget, an illegal one for them.

As a forum, it is not in our charter to police the dealer to dealer activities. We are here to educate our members and act as a place to share experiences and our love for all things watches.

Why would we ban a dealer for attacking another dealer's site when we know that they have all done it?

Dealers that get removed from this forum are ones who have done wrong by the forum membership.

There was none of that here, aside from the inconvenience of a few sites being down. If you recall, all of the dealer's mentioned in this thread have had their sites attacked in the same timeframe.

Stop trying to create drama.

Good call!

...I would like to say that I am glad that this information has been made available to the general fora and not kept locked away in an admin thread.

What information if I may ask ? All I noticed are gossip and some unsubstantiated accusations, by a guy who is long time Joshua worshiper ... After seeing all the flames being exchanged lately among these guys, I wouldn't be surprised by some more, this time through "other channels" ... so until we got some hard facts from independent third party, I wouldn't take any sides in this.

regards

I wouldn't take any sides in this.

agreed..that is wise... but fact is that the topic has informed us of; 1. Price fixing allegations has emerged (but largely ignored) 2. Informed us that rumors about all the dealers mentioned has now been spread widely for us to act upon individually 3. It has emerged that RWG is not allways a watch police agency that will bann dealers based on illicit interactions/fights/price fixing/product description harmonisation among the board dealers.....but obviously if they were to mess with us the customers it will be a different story...

What information if I may ask ? All I noticed are gossip and some unsubstantiated accusations, by a guy who is long time Joshua worshiper ... After seeing all the flames being exchanged lately among these guys, I wouldn't be surprised by some more, this time through "other channels" ... so until we got some hard facts from independent third party, I wouldn't take any sides in this.

regards

+1

I have waisted ten minutes of my life that I can never get back reading this thread. I remeber when said joshua worshiper was a TTK worshiper. Everything said should be taken with a grain of salt because they are accusations and nothing more.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Greg (D4M) wanted to be the main forum dealer,i told him this was a mistake,when the issues rolled in,how can you pay for it?,it was ignored,myself removed,he dealt,and gave up. Now those guys buy from Josh though he isn't listed and D4M "retired"....lol

Now another dealer here has put Josh and Andrew under the gun,alot of noobs don't get what these two bring to the table in this game. I don't even buy reps anymore but they have to understand...

wanted to be the main dealer???

he was only very small...

agreed..that is wise... but fact is that the topic has informed us of; 1. Price fixing allegations has emerged (but largely ignored) 2. Informed us that rumors about all the dealers mentioned has now been spread widely for us to act upon individually 3. It has emerged that RWG is not allways a watch police agency that will bann dealers based on illicit interactions/fights/price fixing/product description harmonisation among the board dealers.....but obviously if they were to mess with us the customers it will be a different story...

GODD#MN! You are a wise man :smartass:

Just my 2 cents. Now I'm rarely on this site except for looking in the for sale section. I belong to a half dozen other watch sites rep and gen. I have had communications with Dave123 on many occasions when he was on RG and he has been incredibly helpful to me with information as well as helping me with a guy who tried to scam me. I cannot think of anyone else on any of the forums I belong to that has been more upstanding.

Just my 2 cents. Now I'm rarely on this site except for looking in the for sale section. I belong to a half dozen other watch sites rep and gen. I have had communications with Dave123 on many occasions when he was on RG and he has been incredibly helpful to me with information as well as helping me with a guy who tried to scam me. I cannot think of anyone else on any of the forums I belong to that has been more upstanding.

"Paid for by the elect Dave 123 Committee"

Having read through this thread I can see what JC meant now... but I have to agree with Don and Z3's first posts...

What I have seen from this thread underlines how much the Admin on here allow open discussion and opinions to be shared, even though there has been little qualification of some of the statements made, this cannot be said for many other forums...

Ultimately, I always believed this forum to be about its members, informing, educating, supporting and advising all within the environment of a friendly and open community.... it is for the individual to decide how they want to use the information and comments made within the forum...

There is a great deal more to this than the original post would suggest... and IMHO it is not for us as a forum or as members to make judgements or react based on situations that we are not privy to or know the history of..

I hope that makes sense ...