When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolexaddict

Some of my toys,

All are built with Josh's 1655 Explorer case, DG 3804B movements, better reliability than ETA, they are true gmt 4th hand movements, various sources for dials and hands, various sources for bracelets, end links and clasps, VSO complete bezel assemblies, Clark 25-116.

All case backs have been flat machined as these watches has such casebacks, not round and polished like 5513 subs

The brown TT has a WSO bezel and native 1655 crown, both gold platted by a professional shop in Paris : standards European jewlery are 5 microns of 18k coat, here we have 10 microns of 24k fine gold, the process is not electo chemical, on SS its like PVD deposition. Very sticky an strong coat.

The brown TT is a special order for a customer. Pics are not very good enough -sorry for dust- the gilt dial (gen Singer) is exeptional with sharp gold printings,

The bracelet is a no-name 18k platted from VSO, I put a matching Rlx clasp

gmt05.jpg

gmt08.jpg

gmt04.jpg

gmt03.jpg

gmt06.jpg

Now this is my actual daily beater, a classic 1675, last issue, black insert, custom tritium lume, with the solid oyster bracelet and Datejust clasp

black02.jpg

black03.jpg

Now a pair of El Corniño complete re-built from the basic Josh 1655 case, I am right now working on bracelets, one rivetted and one jubilee

elcornino02.jpg

elcornino01.jpg

Exeptional Chapter dial, original Singer :

chapterdial.jpg

More conventional rail dial :

raildial.jpg

Great work - very nice TT looks a bit like the "rootbeer".

First i saw the pic and thought damm - where is the source for a tt-vintage case.

(normally no source expect aftermarket-bezel for a lot of money)

I have bought several homages to take a gold bezel for such a build,

unfortunately most goldtone bezel don´t fit of course (tigereye-newer case...).

Great build - mate! :clap:

Edited by Bulopha

Thanks for your comments,

As I said, all 1675 I have built are made with the 1655 from Josh as case background. I use the complete set -retaining ring, washer, bezel ring and insert- from WSO.

The new batch of Clark 25-116 (named new Clark) have the right inside specs and fit very well on the case rehaut. The problem is to stack the retaining ring, the plexi outside diameter is to large, its quite impossible to stack even with a press.

For this, I prefer myself remove material on the outside base of the plexi (a plexi cost 6$) instead of ruining the expensive stainless steel retaining ring.

Lug holes are of course enlarged at Rolex specs and I use gen Rolex springbars. Bracelets end links have also to be modified to accept gen springbars.

The 1655 case back is round and polished. 1675 have a flat brushed case back. So the case back is surfaced, I let this job to a machine shop.

Dials are from a collectors connexion in paris and Italy, and also from Yuki. Yukie's from last year were excellent. The quality now is not very good, also they don't have any more the chapter dial, and all other I bought recently have poor text printing and I give all of them to be refinished, I relume myself as the refinishing shop uses luminova which looks like ugly white plastic

NDT dial prices are excessive, and I am not sure they are better than Yuki...

For movements, I stop with eta's 2834_2836 series, not at all reliable, the 4th hand is not native. The 2893 is to much expensive. The asian DG3804B is very good and its a true GMT low beats movement