When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your Grail watch?

ubiquitous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With your help, I've built my grail :D I just love my 9411 and I can't wait to get it back from the spa for a much needed service. Other than that, other's have come and gone and I have a deep appreciation for others, but the 9411 will always be around.

If I can just find the movement, the Breitling Spatiographe is definitely next on the list :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My main grails are the 6200 and the transitional 16800:

6200Pair.jpg

16800.jpg

A recent addition to the list, is the DR 1665, which has become something of an obsession to research, and a project I am well and truly gnashing at the bit to begin...

Rolex-1665-Double-Red_01.jpg

As much as I love the 7032, I can't consider it a grail watch, because since acquiring my Heritage, I'm not as concerned about if I can add a 7032 to my collection... If it can be so easily substituted, it's not a grail in my book :whistling: Other honorable mentions, are three favorites which do not quite have 'grail status' for me, as I am not desperate to acquire or build them, but which I still really like: the Exotic Daytona, the Snowflake Submariner, and Oliver Shepard's custom 1655 :)

ExoticDaytona.jpg

Snowflake.jpg

Sheppard1655.jpg

Lately, I've been dreaming about something along the lines of this Bell & Ross Vintage style fantasy (a Photoshop special). Unfortunately, it's never going to happen. :(

See what parts might be available and make it happen :good::drinks:

The Grail:

• Rolex 1665 DR

Honorable Mention:

• Rolex 6536 gilt
    • Rolex 6542
    • Tudor 7016
    • Doxa Black Lung

• And that was a very good question, "are you left wanting for more?" The answer is always yes. I'm working on that. Being satisfied with what I have, living in the moment and enjoying this thing I have in my hand RIGHT NOW is my new goal. I'm getting there.

Lately, I've been dreaming about something along the lines of this Bell & Ross Vintage style fantasy (a Photoshop special). Unfortunately, it's never going to happen. :(

Never say never.......

Seiko_mod2_sm.jpg