When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836 SuperClone movement is out

Rolexman

if these photos are correct, then they have fixed the "tells" for a clone movement .. not enough holes in the reversing wheels, not enough release notches in the balance wheel jewel housing, and incorrectly shaped shock spring.

MAYBE the holes in the reversing wheels look a bit big to me, but that could be my imagination.

I cant tell.

I buy the clone movements by themselves (not in watches) and I have had to repair two of them OOTB and they took ETA parts. One needed a train wheel bridge due to a funky jewel and the other needed a mainspring barrel due to a couple buggered teeth. I used standard ETA parts for both and there were no fitting issues... I have also purchased the 2824 clones and really can't tell the difference.

post-24124-0-78866300-1312226443.jpg

HI Justin .. just look at your balance cock jewel housing. See how it only has 1 notch for releasing the shock spring? It needs 3. Also .. notice how the reversing wheel is almost entirely hidden by the winding plate. You need to be able to see 2 holes at a time for it to be real swiss.

HI Justin .. just look at your balance [censored] jewel housing. See how it only has 1 notch for releasing the shock spring? It needs 3. Also .. notice how the reversing wheel is almost entirely hidden by the winding plate. You need to be able to see 2 holes at a time for it to be real swiss.

I think JMB means that most of the parts between the clone and Swiss are interchangeable. I can confirm that. In terms of Angus: the construction of the chassis of the old clone was already the same as the Swiss 2836. The only improvements they could have made are therefore aesthetical. So they improved the notches of the shock absorber, holes in the reversing wheel etc. A true 1:1 clone movement?

I think JMB means that most of the parts between the clone and Swiss are interchangeable. I can confirm that. In terms of Angus: the construction of the chassis of the old clone was already the same as the Swiss 2836. The only improvements they could have made are therefore aesthetical. So they improved the notches of the shock absorber, holes in the reversing wheel etc. A true 1:1 clone movement?

That'll be awesome, if they really did a true 1:1 clone movement. :)

Sent from my SGS II

• 3 weeks later...

I received one of these in a 1680i bought recently from a member. The thing was barely used. The movement stopped working and I may either rebuild it, or use it to rebuild a 2783. Can anyone confirm that the parts are interchangeable with swiss? Is there an alternative to rebuilding these?

E

Ok so you have a normal clone movement, which have been known about for 3+ years. Not the brand-new, never before seen Super Clone.

And I am confused .. you say it doesnt work in your original post, but in this post you say it runs 40 minutes per turn, which is a 27 hour power reserve when fully wound.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it sounds like your movement needs a service.

the incablock looks different

You know that Incabloc brand springs come in various flavors and ETA uses them interchangeably ... there's the plain Incabloc "classic" and the Incabloc "Novodiac" style ... when you get a gen movement, it could have either style.

tissot-inca175-03.jpgeta6497-1novadiac2ajpg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok so you have a normal clone movement, which have been known about for 3+ years. Not the brand-new, never before seen Super Clone.

And I am confused .. you say it doesnt work in your original post, but in this post you say it runs 40 minutes per turn, which is a 27 hour power reserve when fully wound.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it sounds like your movement needs a service.

Late reply. The keyless works got messed up but I was able to fix it. Power reserve actually two full days sitting.

E