When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer 500m Chronograph

seraphe

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m Chronograph CAJ2110

6138473301_acacb55dbc_b.jpg

I had never thought I'd add a Tag Heuer into my collection of rep watches. It's one of the brands that I'd consider getting a gen since it's still considerably affordable. It's funny but it was the loss of my Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive Chronograph that sprouted my interest in the world of rep watches. I would have just gotten a gen Aquaracer to replace the loss but the quality of reps are so good today it has deterred me from spending too much on non-collectible gens.

'Non-collectible' it is, since it is one of the TH models that has gone so quietly through the WIS radar. At least similarly priced Carrera range are more popular and much sought after. Personally, I find the 500m range of Aquaracer designs more interesting and aesthetically fulfilling. It is partially due to my preference of dive watches to race chronographs. Within the 500m range, the chrono seems more serious looking compared to the date@9 non-chrono.

6139150498_ffe7d01d72_b.jpg

Hence I decided to give this rep a try. Ordered through Andrew and received the watch timely on Wednesday and wore it throughout the rest of the week on a business trip. Goes very well with smart casual and jeans.

Size: It's a large watch at 44mm. Though it doesn't wear as large as the similar sized Panerai 236, it is still considerably large due to the thickness. I'm sized 6.5" wrist. It looks large just because of the thick caseback vs the flat crystal+bezel top.

6139521872_17991e4ff9_b.jpg

6138474009_34b5e244b2_b.jpg

Case - Just as most luxury diver's watch designs, the case are both brush and polish finished. The crescent-shaped marks on HEV @ 10 are very nicely done and look spot on. Rehaut looks reasonably deep.

6138599209_c707d75c62_b.jpg

6138471847_b84b43b2c9_b.jpg

6138472167_3d31648f87_b.jpg

Dial - While I do not have the gen to do a side-by-side comparison, the details of the dial looks immaculate. One of the arrow ends of the "G" of TAG Heuer logo is present, but barely visible.

6138468919_7c868891f2_b.jpg

6138471567_5e7381087d_b.jpg

6138469739_68cacb706d_b.jpg

Bracelet - Just as the gen, the clasp looks and feels flimsy. Otherwise, the overall construction of the bracelet looks and feels great. Unlike the non-chrono WAJ2110, the midlinks are polished.

6138470363_da75195bf6_b.jpg

6138470931_96e77caf0a_b.jpg

6138595839_1ed981298b_b.jpg

Lume: Almost non-existent. I can see a hint of lume in complete darkness but nothing close to what I'd call 'bright'.

Some really nice pics there...hmm i think i just found my next rep :)

I've had a few gen Aquaracer chronos. and the details on the reps are simply brilliant.

Although some would point out one or two 'flaws', the casual observer (or even an AD) would struggle to call this out while it was on your wrist

Beautiful watch. Now I'm torn between this and the day-date chrono!

I've spent an hour scrutinising pictures of the genuine 500m chrono, and comparing them to this rep and the quality of the rep really is superb. If I were to pick a flaw it would be the tag logo itself. The font seems slightly thinner than the gen, and of course the arrow on the 'G' which the OP pointed out isn't as clear as the gen. Still, it's an awesome rep!

Edited by ZedWings

• 2 weeks later...

Its big, bulky and with sharp edges. Like a watch someone from transformers would wear. I almost expect the watch to leave the wrist, change shape to a truck and say: "hello, im here to save the world". Love the design though, Its on my next to buy list.

Great pics. To bad its a cockmobile in the background and not a beemer ;)

• 1 month later...

Great watch, amazing review.

I will link this to the TAG Guide tonight.

Great work. good.gif

I agree..fantastic review..short and sweet. This one I will purchase someday for sure.

I could be mistaken By-Tor....which is more than likely. ;)....but I dont think this was added to the Tag guide yet.

Again.... excellent review and pics.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Great writeup! This review made me get one for myself as a Christmas present. I love the dial, and the review is spot-on with the watch's strengths and weaknesses... Well I could only think of one, that being the logo itself.

Thanks so much for writing a great review! This watch is definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great writeup! This review made me get one for myself as a Christmas present. I love the dial, and the review is spot-on with the watch's strengths and weaknesses... Well I could only think of one, that being the logo itself.

Thanks so much for writing a great review! This watch is definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratuations...It is indeed a very good looking watch.

Mike