When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something old, something ... older

Nanuq

Please excuse the lousy photo, but I wanted to show just how far we haven't come in the world of reps.

Here's my DRSD, straight from Maria 12 years ago. I made a couple modifications, that's all. Most noticeable is the datewheel. It's silver, and it's almost perfect with correct open 6s and 9s.

Where did I get it? From a "Paul's" Red Sub ... bought 10 years ago.

dr_new.jpg

I do not think older reps were necessarily more accurate, but, instead, that some reps were (accidentally) put together with more accurate parts. Of course, the very next series from the same factory got put together with different parts again, so the game goes on.

And I will hold my comments regarding the Pam interruption.

Freddy, I think you're right to a large extent (except for any tacit endorsement of *bleck* PAMs).

If only we could take all the best parts and assemble them into lovely representations of the real thing!!!

Wait.......... :g:

I loaded up on Paul's no dates and 1680s and always felt like a dummy because the crystals are just stuck over the case neck with the spring wire in the rotating bezel catching between the short skirt crystal and case deck. Try to get some change out of your pocket and the bezel and crystal pop off and fall on the floor.

They do have nice date wheels...and the comex sub/sd have 'working' oem type pop off valves (to let water run out after the crystal pops off). :snorkel:

The crown guards look like Crescent wrench jaws though.

The real question is whats the field elevation at OTZ Ralph Wien?

11.2MSL on R18 and 10.8MSL on R36

Good news, they DID finally get the dead caribou off the end of the runway. :tu: