When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any reviews of the newer 3135 superclone subs?

charlesdayton

Hi. New posting here but already lurked a bit.

I have read many reviews of submariner replicas like the BK, Newbmariner, etc. But I have'n read a single review of the newer 3135 superclones that some TD are now selling.

I would like to know how accuare a rep are they (rehaut, pearl, lume, hands). Here is one from Angus: http://puretimewatch...5-best-edition/

Thanks!

Note: I am not referring to the older ones that had a 2836 dressed up to look like 3135, but the newer ones that accept gen. dials, dw, and can swap movement with gen.

Edited by charlesdayton

Just bought one. Will open her up as soon as I get it. E

Thanks!

So are thess 3135 clones supposed to be the next up and coming movement? Seen a lot of dealers rating them as superclones but I've never seen a lot of praise for them on the forum.

I have not seen anything about them on the forums neither negative comments nor praise.

I find these 3135 movements quite interesting. Seeing that Rolex has closed caseback, why get an unproven movement? It's not like it will fool an AD. I wonder with the higher price, if you would also get a higher quality case, dial, bracelet?

Maybe they are heavier?

I find these 3135 movements quite interesting. Seeing that Rolex has closed caseback, why get an unproven movement? It's not like it will fool an AD. I wonder with the higher price, if you would also get a higher quality case, dial, bracelet?

Maybe they are heavier?

Higher guality case is highly unlikley. If the movement proves to be a stable engine. The benfit wil be you can fit a gen dial without removing the dial feet (IE ruin a part). And you wil be able to put in a genuine datewheel.

It may not fool an AD but I bet it will fool a lot of pawn shops for the first year it's out.

HAHAHAHA

Too funny.

I think I bought mine for three reasons:

One- To see what the feet placement really is

Two- To see if the movement is a bit better than the Asian ETA clone

Three- To finish a project and at least have it look right 100% without braking the bank.

Honestly, a nice/good gen ETA movement will be just as good as gen Rolex when properly serviced and it's a tenth of the price. It's a person thing I guess.

E

In terms of the clone movements there are other benefits if it is indeed like gen.:

Besides what has already been mentioned: It can be used to repair a real Rolex, 3135 has a bit longer PR than ETA, date change is faster on 3135.

My main interest in these newer superclones is the outside accuracy, like rehaut, pearl, etc.

I can't wait for the reviews and comparisons!

It may not fool an AD but I bet it will fool a lot of pawn shops for the first year it's out.

Already done. One of my friends who owns a pawn shop got fooled on a GMTIIc a few weeks ago. I pointed out the incorrect hand stack and the lack of A/R on the cyclops. They thought they had a good one at $2,000usd, and wanted me to buy it. They are really PO'd.

@PrDubis:

From the pics it looks like it is in the right position. If the movement is indeed gen swapable it most be in the exact same place: http://puretimewatch.com/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/RLX-2011-09-30-02-03_enl.jpg

http://puretimewatch.com/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/RLX-2011-09-30-02-08_enl.jpg

@Rosnick:

Dealers are saying it is 28k mov. like genuine.

So that already ruins the possibility of using a gen dial without butchering the feet. It's pretty obvious that it will probably also not take gen hands if they aren't making it for gen dials. And of course logic follows that the stem position will be for existing rep movements. Blah...........

Just another pretty face!

So that already ruins the possibility of using a gen dial without butchering the feet. It's pretty obvious that it will probably also not take gen hands if they aren't making it for gen dials. And of course logic follows that the stem position will be for existing rep movements. Blah...........

Just another pretty face!

Seems that way. Will look at it tonight.

E