When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Favorite Rep Bracelet(s)...Do You Have One?

maxman

I was cleaning/oiling and tighting the screws of a few of my bracelets last night...while I was doing this I thought about how well made some of them are.

My PO bracelet Is definitely a standout..I have a had the gen on my wrist several times. I really cant tell the difference. I feel It's probably one of the best of the best.

I also have a older version and a new version of the Pam bracelets..I like the newer one better because It tapers and the sel are a little more flush againt the case. But overall a very well made bracelet...although I havent had the gen on my wrist to compare.

I sold a DSSD a few months back...that was also a very well made bracelet Imo...especially the adjustable clasp....very nice. Again..no personal experence with the gen.

The best rep bracelet I have had? without a doubt.. was on the Raymond Weil Nabucco. It has these carbon fiber mid links that are exceptionally well done. I was so Impressed that I had to go check out the gen for myself. As hard as i tried...I could tell no difference between the gen and rep. The clasp opened and closed a little smoother on the gen...but that was something you really had look and feel for...not obvious at all. Anyone who has any experence with this rep will know exactly what Im talking about

Unfortunately my Breitling SA bracelets are nothing to brag about. I hear the new Pro II is much better/thicker. I hope to get one soon.

So what bracelet(s) standout In your collection?

Mike

As far as rep bracelets go, my favorite so far is a Yuki 7206, with a caveat... I've spent a YEAR getting it just right. Now it feels all old and stretched and glorious, just like a $1,000 piece. Looks great, fits great (because I inserted two stretch links), love it.

For gen bracelets nothing beats the Doxa "beads of rice". Next is a stretched 9315 or 7836, as long as you've gone over the clasp and done some major smoothing.

I love the feel of the bracelet on my Ebel 1911 Discovery.

It was a little stiff at first, but after some "treatment" it's now silky smooth.

Like the watch itself, the quality of the bracelet is also very high.

How about your SW bracelet G.

How about your SW bracelet G.

The SeaWolf bracelet is also very well made, but may be just slightly sharp on the edges, whereas the Skyland bracelet doesn't seem to be like this. Possibly the polished finish, as opposed to brushed on the SW, has taken care of this.

The edges could be smoothed off quite easily, but I've currently got it on rubber so it's not annoying me enough to get the Dremel out!!

The SeaWolf bracelet is also very well made, but may be just slightly sharp on the edges, whereas the Skyland bracelet doesn't seem to be like this. Possibly the polished finish, as opposed to brushed on the SW, has taken care of this.

The edges could be smoothed off quite easily, but I've currently got it on rubber so it's not annoying me enough to get the Dremel out!!

Thanks...I hope one day to have one. Just love the yellow SW.:)

Mike

I love the feel of the bracelet on my Ebel 1911 Discovery.

It was a little stiff at first, but after some "treatment" it's now silky smooth.

Like the watch itself, the quality of the bracelet is also very high.

Have to agree. Some rock n Roll oil and you are good to go. Great quality on that bracelet. Sooo smooth..

Not owned too many different reps, but I've had a couple of gens as well in the past - Omegas and Tags. I find my Omega SMP 300 chrono rep very comfortable - just as comfortable as the gen which I owned a few years ago... and not too far short of the mark quality wise. Think the endlinks are better finished on the gen, links obviously aren't stiff like they can be on the rep bracelets and there are no sharp edges on the gen. Aside from that I'm very impressed with the rep SMP chrono bracelet.

The Tag Calibre 16 day/ date rep has a lovely looking bracelet - better finished than the SMP chrono bracelet, but nowhere near as comfortable to wear. Found the edges sharp, and even after I did a bit of work on the bracelet to get rid of all the sharp edges I still found it digging into my wrist after a few hours wear. Not horribly uncomfortable, just not up to the same comfort level as the SMP.

GMT-IIc rep bracelet seems somewhere in between the two; a lot better than the Tag, but not quite as comfortable as the SMP.

So overall, a big thumbs up for Omega SMP 300 chrono bracelets. The POs look like they'd be just as comfortable too.

#1 Yuki 7206, despite the price and the caveats.

#2 IWC GST Titanium. Swap out links using two toothpicks, just like the gen!

#3 Cartel 7836. Looks good enough, feels OK, but most importantly, it's cheap.

I briefly owned a cheapo Planet Ocean rep, and was very impressed by the feel of that bracelet. Removing links, on the other hand...

#1 Yuki 7206, despite the price and the caveats.

#2 IWC GST Titanium. Swap out links using two toothpicks, just like the gen!

#3 Cartel 7836. Looks good enough, feels OK, but most importantly, it's cheap.

I briefly owned a cheapo Planet Ocean rep, and was very impressed by the feel of that bracelet. Removing links, on the other hand...

Please dont remind me about removing the links on the PO. the biggest pain In the ass ever. :wacko:

Mike

From a comfort perspective I'd have to say the Aquatimer bracelet. I had the steel rep and own the Ti gen still. Great unique design. I think the rep Rolex jubilee bracelets are really silky too. Very close to the original. Not may fav look personally but beyond comfortable.

Ebel 1911 bracelet

Yes... the BTR rep had absolutely FANTASTIC bracelet.

But best rep bracelet ever, imho, is the TAG Heuer Link one. Very gen-like, very high quality.

ending.jpg