When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Submariner Housing Gen 3135 & Gen Parts (Part I)

tc670207

clkcadet - I think you are on to a good suggestion. BK is the master. he came to market with the TW and it looks incredible - especially the magnificent dial. I am yet to touch and see the TC Sub, but I am confident in saying that the dial will not hold a candle to the time spent creating the DW and the Dial that BK has delivered on.

I am excited to see the engraving. From the shots it looks pretty nice, but its not accurate. In a previous post you can see a side by side. It is to large, and the depth most likely will create an issue with the removal.

I do not believe BKs dial will fit the TC case. it is too big. I know it does not fit the sean case, which is almost exact to the TC case.

That depends on whether this is a WM9 case or not. The WM9 V3 could take a gen dial AND a rep dial and if this is machined the same way you'll be in luck. If it's like the Sean case you'll need a gen or gen-diameter dial to fit.

This is one of those things we'll have to wait and see on...

I recommend trying to get only the v serial at this point. The clear rehaut I got (from a different source) still has the flaw (crown hole area overly cut). George made the v serials last. So your odds are better to get a real v4. It's not foolproof because all the different rehauts can still be a mix of v3's and v4's. I'm just saying to increase your odds of getting a real v4. Another point is TC posted a 2678-2 in the case, crown stem still not fitted to the movement. It raises the question how many different cases he has. 2678-2 is a thicker movement which was used in the v2. So that case may be different (may be a v2), or the 2678-2 will be force-fitted in the v4 case (the stem will be bent once fitted on the movement through the crown hole). Anyway, it's the safest for you to ask for v serial and v serial only because v2 didn't get the v serial stamping at all.

@The_Rymeister: "Why do you need to mod it?" We haven't had word this exact case can take a rep dial for ETA yet. Maybe he did, correct me if I'm wrong. I asked TC to fit his ETA dial in but haven't heard back. He posted a ETA dial on a 2678-2 in this case. If that's the same case as the one in this post, then the answer is yes it takes ETA dial. If this case really can't take ETA dial, you will need to mod the dial, although not mod the case. On the v3's, I didn't actually mod the case, I just put on my custom tube that let me create the needed clearance between the crown and the body/bezel. Another thing is, the case body may be perfect (which I hope very much so because I'm lazy by nature), but the bezel assembly may still be the same old wm9 bezel assembly. I did have to trim the backs of the inserts so they could fit in the bezel bay properly, so they were a little recessed in the bezel bay, not floating. My new way is to trim the retaining ring which is better IMO because you don't want to trim the back of a gen insert. I much rather leave gen parts unmodded.

I hope this clears why I charge more. It's for work/mods that I have to do. Some people seem to not realize this point about my pricing. Now you know. But that is not to say I'm non-profit. My prices are always the same as other dealers' + my labor. If I don't do more than the next dealer on a given watch, my price is practically the same as the next dealer's. If I have to do mods, I always pack a great value in the price so I give you no reason to do the mods yourself from the price standpoint.

bk

Edited by bklm1234

Guys, one thing that this forum allows for is annonimity. I suggest that we all stop trying to vengfully look into this guys life and wait. He has created a buzz like no other and it makes sense that for now we all just chill a little. TC comes up with a great idea, take a multitude of pieces from different vendors to create another option for rep lovers. he may have come to us a little early, he may have been eager to show his findings, but is that a reason to bash a busy man? Plus, he is not a watchmaker from my understanding this is still a new field for the guy. I suggest we all cool our jets and let him get his thoughts together.

I'm certainly not trying to vengefully look into TC's life. However, I would just suggest that we all exercise a little extra caution before we pee all over ourselves. There seem to be several new members with few to no previous posts posting for the first time to defend TC and his work on this board and on other boards. I spend very little time posting on this particular board but I am active on other boards. I just find it odd that all of a sudden new members are posting out of the blue to defend TC. Further, this is certainly not a "new field" for TC. His pictures and detailed posts clearly demonstrate that this is not his first experience with the replica watch world. His presentation through various posts is a very clear and calculated process to generate interest in his new product(s). With that said I

agree that what we should do (and all we really can do) is wait and see if he delivers.

Cheers bk for the info much appreciated. I don't think your subs are overpriced at all I believe in the world we live in you get what you pay for.ill be honest with you the reason why this case interests me is the future potential to add gen parts, I've got a gen insert to fit but need some one to fit it hopefully it doesn't need modding like you have pointed out to fit it. :)

I recommend trying to get only the v serial at this point. The clear rehaut I got (from a different source) still has the flaw (crown hole area overly cut). George made the v serials last. So your odds are better to get a real v4. It's not foolproof because all the different rehauts can still be a mix of v3's and v4's. I'm just saying to increase your odds of getting a real v4. Another point is TC posted a 2678-2 in the case, crown stem still not fitted to the movement. It raises the question how many different cases he has. 2678-2 is a thicker movement which was used in the v2. So that case may be different (may be a v2), or the 2678-2 will be force-fitted in the v4 case (the stem will be bent once fitted on the movement through the crown hole). Anyway, it's the safest for you to ask for v serial and v serial only because v2 didn't get the v serial stamping at all. @The_Rymeister: "Why do you need to mod it?" We haven't had word this exact case can take a rep dial for ETA yet. Maybe he did, correct me if I'm wrong. I asked TC to fit his ETA dial in but haven't heard back. He posted a ETA dial on a 2678-2 in this case. If that's the same case as the one in this post, then the answer is yes it takes ETA dial. If this case really can't take ETA dial, you will need to mod the dial, although not mod the case. On the v3's, I didn't actually mod the case, I just put on my custom tube that let me create the needed clearance between the crown and the body/bezel. Another thing is, the case body may be perfect (which I hope very much so because I'm lazy by nature), but the bezel assembly may still be the same old wm9 bezel assembly. I did have to trim the backs of the inserts so they could fit in the bezel bay properly, so they were a little recessed in the bezel bay, not floating. My new way is to trim the retaining ring which is better IMO because you don't want to trim the back of a gen insert. I much rather leave gen parts unmodded. I hope this clears why I charge more. It's for work/mods that I have to do. Some people seem to not realize this point about my pricing. Now you know. But that is not to say I'm non-profit. My prices are always the same as other dealers' + my labor. If I don't do more than the next dealer on a given watch, my price is practically the same as the next dealer's. If I have to do mods, I always pack a great value in the price so I give you no reason to do the mods yourself from the price standpoint. bk

BK, you are always a gentleman and straight up. I don't think anybody would ever question your pricing. I personally have had a few watches from you and they are nothing short of amazing and I can see the value and justification of your pricing :)

I currently own your TW Sub, and I do not even know where there is room for improvement other than the crown position which I do not care about.

The thing that everyone has to realize are these small details that BK is mentioning. If TC does not know of these small issues they can become a problem. Hence my opinion of some sort of collaboration :)

Edited by clkcadet
  • Like 1

Guys, one thing that this forum allows for is annonimity. I suggest that we all stop trying to vengfully look into this guys life and wait. He has created a buzz like no other and it makes sense that for now we all just chill a little. TC comes up with a great idea, take a multitude of pieces from different vendors to create another option for rep lovers. he may have come to us a little early, he may have been eager to show his findings, but is that a reason to bash a busy man? Plus, he is not a watchmaker from my understanding this is still a new field for the guy. I suggest we all cool our jets and let him get his thoughts together.

You have a valid point here, Brother.

But having a couple gen pieces is one thing.

Having the balls and knowledge to disassemble them, mic and swap parts and then reassemble....if he's new to the field he's a fast learner and has much courage or alot of money.

Take that bezel puller for example...those aren't cheap. :)

But none of this is really important.

I'm just anxious to see a completed watch delivered and see where this new development takes us.

Another point is TC posted a 2678-2 in the case, crown stem still not fitted to the movement. It raises the question how many different cases he has. 2678-2 is a thicker movement which was used in the v2. So that case may be different (may be a v2), or the 2678-2 will be force-fitted in the v4 case (the stem will be bent once fitted on the movement through the crown hole). Anyway, it's the safest for you to ask for v serial and v serial only because v2 didn't get the v serial stamping at all.

bk

Yes, the 2678 is a day-date movement and thicker, if you study TC's 2678 fitted case closely you will notice, it has not had the so-called " movement receiving hole" (the half-moon arc at 8'o clock position) for mounting screws to slip in. Its more likely a V2 case made for 2836 with low crown position.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

My tracking went live today so maybe he has been struggling to get things shipped out. I'm sure he has a life other than this board and it's sometimes demanding members!

Yeha thats it. I talked to him today, everything is on tracks :) he is just very bizy.

O yes part two will be up soon also :)

Yeha thats it. I talked to him today, everything is on tracks :) he is just very bizy.

O yes part two will be up soon also :)

Freakin great news! Good to hear someone is in contact with TC.

Now it's just a matter of what you guys receive. I just wanted a darn bracelet from him to start but no response

Freakin great news! Good to hear someone is in contact with TC.

Now it's just a matter of what you guys receive. I just wanted a darn bracelet from him to start but no response

It is good news. Btw he's online at RG right now.

My tracking went live today so maybe he has been struggling to get things shipped out. I'm sure he has a life other than this board and it's sometimes demanding members!

Hmm looks like TC's gf has been sending orders for those outside of the US. My tracking is still in the label creation stage (mine is a US order).