When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Submariner Housing Gen 3135 & Gen Parts (Part I)

tc670207

Tc, one Q. please.

Do the seller got on lugholized version too?

Last time I was in their presenting room, I didn't see a Sub case with lug holes. But I did find some vintage Sub cases that look like what I saw in MBK mall in Thailand.

I'll check that my seller in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Group buy???? Are you sure??? After all that in the past???

TC, you dont know what you have started!!! Your sitting on a golden egg here!!! Now the ball is with you, play safe and smart, deliver in time and you will be a millioner in 6monthes :)

And i guess just put BK out of the sub game fir sure!

These are indeed remarkable...to say the least....

But "put BK out of the Sub game"...well...that's not gonna happen. (unless BK himself simply "wants" out.)

As it stands, BK is proven.

Not to say TC won't be...just sayin'.

Group buy???? Are you sure??? After all that in the past???

TC, you dont know what you have started!!! Your sitting on a golden egg here!!! Now the ball is with you, play safe and smart, deliver in time and you will be a millioner in 6monthes :)

And i guess just put BK out of the sub game fir sure!

How does this exactly put me out of the sub game? You can appreciate this case all you want. Why put me down?

bk

Edited by bklm1234

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Pleas take No ofence BK.

Your modded tw sub is 680$ + say 20$ for shipping out side the US, that is 700$ right.

Say if TC would launch this sub and start to sell the price will be for the m-serie with the eta 2678 full asambled watch 400$ + 38$ express shipping from US that makes it 438$.

I have a hard time thinking the tw sub would survive. But thats what i think. Maybe i should have said it in another way.

Pleas take No ofence BK.

Your modded tw sub is 680$ + say 20$ for shipping out side the US, that is 700$ right.

Say if TC would launch this sub and start to sell the price will be for the m-serie with the eta 2678 full asambled watch 400$ + 38$ express shipping from US that makes it 438$.

I have a hard time thinking the tw sub would survive. But thats what i think. Maybe i should have said it in another way.

Is that the price TC will do it at? Superlumed too?

Judging from the rehaut engraving font, this case is highly likely to be a wm9 v3 or a copy of it. This font, flattened Times Roman or whatever it's called, is first and only seen the wm9 v3 till now which I doubt another factory "happens" to use too 'cause it's a "wrong'er" font as compared to the wm9 v2's font or the TW sub's font.

Here's a pic of the wm9 v3 TT's rehaut engraving:

IMG_1063.jpg

Not a wm9 v3 or copy? I doubt it.

I charge $680 for my TW sub not only because it has my custom superlumed dial and hands but also the mods needed to fix the flaws on the case. CG trim, retaining ring trim, epoxy coat the pearl, I even polish the bezel lip when it's rough and many are, and pressure tested. Precious Time sells the same watch about $400. I sell it w/o my SL'd dial and hands for about $480 assembled by me, not the factory which doesn't care if the insert is floating, or the bezel is high above the case. And I'm the bad guy who deserves to be kicked out of the sub game? I will applaud TC if he does the assembly and mods necessary for free. I'll be surprised this case set doesn't need modding, esp. the bezel assembly and/or the crown tube.

I'm excited too to see the v3 resurfaces. I hope it's the latest of the v3 because wm9 George said he would fix the flaws on the v3 I told him about. Whether TC or me or someone else found it first, it doesn't matter because the factory needs distribution. wm9 had several resellers, me being one of them. All factories need resellers. For example, I got Sean's YM case set (and possibly sub case set) and Josh's Exp2 too. I'm sure other dealers can too if they look hard enough. There's no such thing as exclusivity. And there's no magic to the price. If I can sell a watch without mods needed, I won't mark it up. Do you get it Mr. Kukuruz?

Sorry to hijack the thread, TC. I just had to respond to ZK's remark.

bk

And the thick 2678 will fit in this case?

Edited by bklm1234

I think the issue here is not that TCs sub is better or worse, but volume, TC has stated that he is NOT A SELLER so his volume if he even wants to sell these will be small so demand will not be easliy satisfied.

BK is a seller; and for people that want his very good product will be able to get it.

I don't think there is a cartel here as well..

I was curious why the cartel wasn't in the picture of the gen constructed subs. When the MBW gen constructed came out, it was the Taiwanese dealers like River who carried it. No cartel there. Later Eurotimez branded the watch Euromariner. No cartel there. When I signed up with wm9 to sell their watches, George asked me to assemble the watches myself. I had no choice even though I actually liked the idea. With the TW sub, same thing. The supplier told me to assemble the watches myself. Having assembling and modded hundreds of these gen constructed subs, I realize why. I also understand why the noobfactory and other factories would not do gen construction. Take Josh's new SD. Is it gen constructed? NO. It's a lot easier to assemble the altered designs. The infamous noobfactory bezel for example is designed to go on the watch and not come out. The design is a ton easier to assemble, no tweaking needed. The gen constructed sub is a whole different story. How far you press down the retaining ring, how well the bezel is matched to the retaining ring, how the click wire is bent all affect how the bezel turns or not turn. You think the cartel want to deal with these details?

bk

Guest zeleni kukuruz

George (wm9) would sell to anyone out side the forums. but the forums was hands of, he just wanted you to sell here and on the other forums! And amen to that, you did a great job!!! No one can say anything ells.

All i said was that i think that the tw sub is dead if the new tc sub goes world wide. And as you mod the tw subs i said that your would be out of the sub game!!!

And i still think the tw sub is dead. Thats all guys. Maybe i chousen the wrong words.

Zeleni, wait until you get your watch. You judge a bit too fast for my opinion. As said before, when it turns out that this is a real alternative and the dealer keeps what he promises than everybody is fine but until this is not happen I wouldn´t be so loud with things that are not yet on the table :)

Edited by Eiderdaus

@ZK: so is it the TW sub out of the sub game or me? You don't get it about this case will not be exclusive to anyone, do you? It's not wm9 supplying this case. Even it was, it wouldn't be exclusive to TC since he's not even a dealer. And you think I don't get this case? Guess again.

It's no big deal if this case go wild. When I sold the wm9 v3, I didn't see other subs die; I'm selling the TW sub now, I don't see other subs die including the case-only Sean case set which sells for $460 and the $400 SA3135 sub without superlume or gen construction. Did I explain enough why I charge what I charge? Why are you adamant I will be out of the sub game? Why did you have to say such mean things? You can't just say this case beats the TW sub? I have to be out of the sub game to make you happy? And stop this nonsense specuation/prophecy of yours.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

We have to thank BK for responding here. I don't think you're thread hijacking but actually adding valuable info to this already hot topic.

Let's face it. If and when the TC sub finally arrives in our hands, it will definitely take the biggest share of the demand market with its supposed taking of gen movement, dial, hands and better SEL. It's not even an issue of supply. The high demand that it will generate because of its best features will and can make it in the WM9 second-hand market price range in the future due to its rarity.

But that doesn't mean BK is done. I actually do think he will (pardon to putting this on the third person BK) evolve and will build a better 99.9% sub.. Remember, never underestimate the guy with talent.

In the not so far future, we will be able to see a TC sub case (or whatever you wanna call it) with an improved SA3135 movement perfected by BK. That is only a matter of time. And it will benefit us all here.