When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

Amazing.... I get dizzy just looking it all....

Reminds me of a movie I saw once as a kid.... a mad scientist's lab...

You have to be pretty organized do so such work... I would have bits, pieces,

and eventually chemicals all mixed up & blow the place to smithereens.... :D

Great that we have you there for us The Zigmeister... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the comments, with so many parts and pieces, I have to keep things organized, otherwise I can't do the work...or I end up buying parts that I already have in stock...

My next goal, is to have a custom made watchmaker workbench at 39 inches high, with nice drawers so I can store most of my stuff close at hand...having it higher will also save my back and shoulders from hunching over all the time...

So that's where all my watches end up :g:

Guess you looked closely at the workbench and saw something familiar...it will be done for the weekend...

RG

Thats fantastic - next thing you need to do is one of those timed recording thing, where the camera takes a photo every 30 seconds or so and we can watch you disect a movement at high speed.

:) the "over the shoulder view or straight down view. Now that would be wicked awesome

:) You Da Man

Hihi it's so funny how you sometimes 'over imagine' how things would look on guru's end. Somehow I imagined you as the imortal soul who had a glass room, sterilized, with TL lights much like a hospital... So much for fantasy... You are a human after all with a cosy room where you have all your professional stuff at hand... I could have thought of that myself... :Jumpy:

You’ll note that most of what I have and use is old vintage tooling. I really get great satisfaction restoring old watches, and also restoring and using old tools. They built things right back then, my philosophy is if the tool has been around and used by a watchmaker for over 50 years, good chance it will continue to serve me well for the next 50 years…quality never goes out of style…

And if you hadn't done so already (which you have), that paragraph would have won you a lifetime customer in me. It just couldn't possibly have come closer to hitting the nail on the head, pun intended. As a woodworker (by hobby, not trade), I take pride in owning, restoring, and using vintage machinery and hand tools. My collection is very modest, but pre war tools simply can not be matched today. And I see that things, as expected, are no different in the watchmaking trade. Good, good stuff Rob!!! Love the workshop shots.

I don't know why but the little blue domed cake dishes I find funny....

Nice shop... I wouldn't want to show pictures of my (computer) "shop" in case one of my clients see's and is too scared to let me work on any of their stuff ever again! (Mine looks more like a computer graveyard with a mad scientist corner).

Great Photos The Zigmeister!

That B&R Instrument looks like it is getting a beautiful relume right there in the center of your bench under the glass cover!!!!

I bet the hands and numbers are going to turn out bright white with that C1 and the watch is going to go back onto a 20mm black NATO strap from TimeFactors UK. Just a hunch... :rolleyes:

Whoever owns that one is one lucky dog! :bounce:

Great to see your studio, The ZigmeisterZumba! And thanks for the B&R teaser!!! :Jumpy:

Nice of you to share, until you get that workbench, try raising the legs on the bench with some blocks.

Actually, if you placed a old Paneri case under each leg, you'd be almost there for the correct working height. Don't thank me Rob, I'm always thinking of creative use for them Paneri's. :bleh: