When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taken by Steve(DW middle man)

Original Scope

I waited a long time to post this and give Steve a chance to come through. I ordered a v72 case and dial from him in November on another forum. It should have been a simple transaction as we are both in the U.S. He promised to ship it on three occasions and talked of having family medical problems so I

did not press him. Now it seems he has been missing since December 30th and owes many others

parts and watches as well. Just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat or if anyone else has been in contact with him or knows how to reach him. This is not a post to trash him but I think many

people stand to lose much more than me. Thanks in advance.

Scope

Edited by Original Scope

"He hasnt replied a single email for weeks. DW/Steve owes a lot of people watches and parts."

I sent DW a note in December about a V72 case and got a quick reply but I chickened out after reading about them closing up.

Sad to say but "family/medical/emergency problems" on internet deals usually means the $$ went down a gopher hole.

It sure would be nice if someone in the USA would crank out precision made cases for a fair price. Without trademarks it is probably 100% legal.

But then we would need a 'trademark guy'. :ph34r:

For example, I saw that Star Time has unsigned '16610' type steel cases that accept genuine dials and 3135 mvt for $175 (without bezels) so they could not be that hard or expensive to make.

(Product No.RSCSS (3135) Stainless Steel Replacement Case for Rolex Sub Type 3135)

The crystal retainer ring is $39 and the rotating bezel is $69.95. Total for a basic case = $283.95.

"He hasnt replied a single email for weeks. DW/Steve owes a lot of people watches and parts."

I sent DW a note in December about a V72 case and got a quick reply but I chickened out after reading about them closing up.

Sad to say but "family/medical/emergency problems" on internet deals usually means the $$ went down a gopher hole.

It sure would be nice if someone in the USA would crank out precision made cases for a fair price. Without trademarks it is probably 100% legal.

But then we would need a 'trademark guy'. :ph34r:

For example, I saw that Star Time has unsigned '16610' type steel cases that accept genuine dials and 3135 mvt for $175 (without bezels) so they could not be that hard or expensive to make.

(Product No.RSCSS (3135) Stainless Steel Replacement Case for Rolex Sub Type 3135)

The crystal retainer ring is $39 and the rotating bezel is $69.95. Total for a basic case = $283.95.

interesting they even have a 3035 case with lug holes. anyone here have a build off these cases?

here's an update on my order with Steve: (this was during december)

As I've posted before, I ordered the case set and only the dial arrived. So after a week of complaining and PMs

it took David 3 weeks until the the rest of the parts are finally re-sent.

Here's what came:

- mid case, caseback, pushers, ONE stainless bezel (with defect in the engraving), one crookedly installed crystal,one of the pushers sliped out when I tried to unscrew it, and as for the handset, one of the chrono hands is missing.

- the dial isn't exactly perfect either, 2 markers missing and TBH, it's crap

Edited by praetor

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Q:

Is Steve the new DW proprietary ?

Is David no more In business?

Dw is still DW, he has a new paypal and he is in biz again! Well he never whent away he was always there.

Steve was his spokeman over at rwg1 or what the forum is called.

Dont wast time with steve email david directly on the two emails here in the topic.