When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

Gran i dont know what you are trying to say, but if you were in a similar situation would you rather we just rushed in or took the time to make a correct and informed decision.

I think it is better to wait and be sure...I have made my own mistakes in the past and was not very active for a long time (1-2 years) maybe i was even banned I cant remember that well do to all the drinking at that time

You guys need to realize this is a tight knitting club.

That's why it's called the "Nanuq" when you get banned on gen Rolex fora for posting pictures of a fake/franken.

Obviously the clear indication that Sql posted fake items in sales threads on a gen fora doesn't wheigh here at all - since he's so tight with everyone.

Even though all other Rep and Gen fora have followed their guidelines.

Well, you know how this reflects on this very board.

At least one can speak his mind around here.

Edited by Akira

Edge I honestly think you complicated the situation with your backup points and information

Your initial story about you being delivered a rep strap and all that didn't help of course, and you lost some credibility once your story changed

If you just left this as:

There is currently an ad for a rep strap being sold as genuine on eBay and you believe it to be said member and x is your proof, as you have stated you know the pictured strap is a rep and you know the seller is SQL due to PayPal linked emails and things of that nature

Photos, previous sales, lack of packaging, access to ap sources, prices, etc...

All of the other fluff diluted the main point, confused members and has not helped support your argument

In fact it only opened the door for people to accuse you and support SQL

I don't think SQL has responded to that acquisition, but I have said all I care to and since I am not a direct participation I am sure the mods and most members would prefers I stop posting in this thread

He has responded to many points but IMO has not stated if dgauto is him on eBay or not

Hopefully the mods can get a yes or no answer as to the current sales ad and make a decision accordingly based on that

I just finished this thread. Reminds me of the old TTK days when the [censored] hit the fan and frankly, I used to enjoy those moments. In this case, I know we have one of our older members accused and until now has been a respected member. Now, old stuff is coming up that raises the question of a members veracity.

The question I have is, what determines whether someone should be banned? Accusations are one thing, but in my country you are innocent until proven guilty. What are the actual guidelines here? I certainly haven't been convinced, but then again, who is the jury? and who is the prosecutor? and where is the PROOF.

I just finished this thread. Reminds me of the old TTK days when the [censored] hit the fan and frankly, I used to enjoy those moments. In this case, I know we have one of our older members accused and until now has been a respected member. Now, old stuff is coming up that raises the question of a members veracity.

The question I have is, what determines whether someone should be banned? Accusations are one thing, but in my country you are innocent until proven guilty. What are the actual guidelines here? I certainly haven't been convinced, but then again, who is the jury? and who is the prosecutor? and where is the PROOF.

The Proof is what we are looking for through a lot of (old and new) information, and as soon as we have that then we will make a decision.

Guest Sql_pl

I just finished this thread. Reminds me of the old TTK days when the [censored] hit the fan and frankly, I used to enjoy those moments.

Well it's true these threads are always entertaining, people crave for drama!

i honestly cant see this thread going anywhere its all he said this he said that i think it the admins should form a panel and give both parties 7 days to present all there evidence and no one else pipes in with anything if they have anything relative they should contact an admin member to consider

then i think the admins should go and take 7 days to reach a decision and what ever that decision is everyone stands by it

Guest Sql_pl

I did sell many straps there, all of them genuine, as a last resort I can supply the team with list of references and mods may try and get in touch with them.

I did sell many straps there, all of them genuine, as a last resort I can supply the team with list of references and mods may try and get in touch with them.

i think you should just send me all of your watches to keep until im 90 :1a:

slq does seem really willing to prove it so i think it all as to be done back stage by admin to reach a decision and keep us all updated

How about the 5 pages of straps on Timezone M? There are claims that many of these straps are in fact rep straps!

I did not even know about this.

Well, that is a good suggestion but on the otherhand it is a bad suggestion. You get to choose the references on your own, which would lead to picking the ones that were satisfied. And there are satisfied buyers, no doubt about that! But there are as well unsatisfied buyers, and they have to be heard as well.

Please tell me about the AP Diver strap. This is being ignored since the beginning while the flaws are quite obvious. And how about the packaging. Let us know Maciek. We need a proper solution for all of this.

Why did you got banned at TZ?

Edge being as you have done all the detective work here and know all the history can you dig out of your archives or sources some photos of the straps that SQL has sold (we can compare the raw data with other photos he has posted and see if they were the same camera ect) and the gen straps and point out the differences, I think this may provide us with some concrete evidence if you can

Edgematic1 - Please post the pic you sent me of a strap you believe is a rep. I have no experience with straps & little with AP, so I would not be able to tell or verify it either way.

1st, we need to determine with 100% certainty that the strap is a rep. Assuming it is, then it must be determined the date on which Sql_pl made aware of this.

2nd, if someone can cite a specific example where Sql_pl placed another ad for that same rep strap after that date he was informed it was not gen, we can then consider action.

In my view, until/unless both of these benchmarks have been met, there is no (actionable) case.

These are the rules as I understand them - RWG will ban a member who knowingly & willingly runs a scam here. RWG will ban a member who runs a scam elsewhere, if it is proven that he did so knowingly & willingly. RWG will NOT ban a member based on hearsay.

So, again, prove the straps are fakes & prove Sql_pl sold them as gens after he knew they were fakes & we will quickly hit the ban button. Fail to prove both of those & quick is not an option, regardless of where things ultimately end.

Freddy333

" Sql_pl sold them as gens after he knew they were fakes & we will quickly hit the ban button..."

IF HE KNEW THEY WERE FAKES - this is the case

Exactly, your Honor !

But something whispering in my ears, if you get your stuff from legit sources ( other than AD), before you selling them, should be disclaimer:

" According to my supplier- the item is gen"

Edited by upland

The admin team has spent the last 48+ hours looking into the information presented here publicly, and the detailed information given us privately. Some have criticized us for moving too slowly. Others have urged caution. These are all valid opinions and everyone has had a chance to speak their mind.

That being said, RWG is not a democracy. The admin team does not exist to patch wounded feelings or soothe the offended. We are here to maintain the integrity of this board. To do that well takes accurate information and time. It is far better to do something once, correctly, than to make a hurried move and attempt to fix it later. Deliberation and prudence produce wise decisions.

It is the team's decision that Sql_pl be banned from RWG. I have taken the necessary steps.

I will leave this thread open awhile longer so you can post your thoughts. Let's keep it civil.

I'm glad there was not a rush to judgment and that the team went through a proper discovery process/period.

Kudos to the admin team. Being the admin of a motorcycle related forum I know first-hand that it is a thankless job and they have performed it admirably.

It's good to hear the Admin team took this seriously but took time to look over the evidence properly. An accurate decision is far more important than haste in matters like this. Sql was a long term member who did contribute a lot over the years and deserved nothing less. Like most of us I haven't seen all the evidence so will respect the admins call on this.

This forum almost certainly gets checked up on by law enforcement and genuine manufacturers and a community of collectors and watch enthusiasts is a lot hard to take down than a community of thieves and scammers.

Collecting rep watches is probably enough of a grey area that the forum is safe, however scamming is theft and this will focus a lot of attention on us very quickly if it traces back to active members here.

I have been keeping up to date with this thread and have had faith in the Admin team in doing the right thing once they have perused the evidence thoroughly. The final outcome of this are the right people being vindicated and banned. Great job to the members who have done their investigation and also the the admin team.