When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many reps did you buy before you bought a Rolex rep?

Texas1999

Zee-Row!

+1

Hmmm, I mean zee-row, zero, 0

Started with Rollies and now 30-something later.....Still ONLY Rolex! I haven't bought a single different brand. I'm up to 7 Sea Dwellers now (all 16600) and trying to decide which two will be the best to keep so I can sell the rest. It might take a while?

You beat me on this!

I have bought many many reps for myself but No ROLEX so far but it will happend one day...I have bought for friends only

Don't worry, one day you will find the light at the end of the tunnel :)

First rep was 16600 TW BEst SD from Eddie Lee. It is what led me to the forums.

A legendary one I suppose D.

You still have it?

for the first 20 years that I had reps, only Rolex was commonly available....WTF WANTED a fake "anything else"..?????

Ah ah, well indeed!

Geez, cant recall the exact figure, but most of the reps i purchased were Omegas. I wasnt big into Rollies - until i got a MBW Sub. Sold that off some months later and picked up more Omegas.

Throughout time, i did pick some up here and there - mostly Subs and SDs and 2 YMs. However, all gone from my current collection.

I may add the classic SD back into my collection soon though.

Hm i maybe had 5-10 reps before i tryed the n00b sub. Had to se what all the fuzz was about. Gave it to my gf, couldnt stand the "its a fake" comments...

.. But now im looking at the explorer I, a true classic.. and understated. Probably my next watch if they dont rls the superocean II 44mm soon..

My first was a 16610 Submariner, I then moved on to Omega and Panerai before selling the collection to pay for my wedding. The only rep I was left with was a customized Rolex GMT/Submariner hybrid, and when I started rebuilding my collection, I just stuck with Rolex and Tudor. I have several projects planned, including another custom GMT, but for the main, my collection has come full circle back to the 16610, and I don't even look at other brands anymore :whistling::pardon:

I got my first rep back in 1985, a Presidential with a quartz movement. Between then and now, I've probably had 20 different Rollies. For years Rolex was the only brand I was interested in, until about 2000-2001 when I started to take a shining to the Bond SMP. At that time I couldn't find a decent replica of any Omega I was interested in, so I ended up buying a gen. Matter of fact, it wasn't until I found RWG that I was finally able to find reps of the Omega's I was interested in.

When I first started in this game, just finding a Rolex rep with an automatic movement was an accomplishment! If it was an auto, you could fool almost anyone! :)

To 95% of the population every Rolex is a fake, no matter how gen it may be. Automatic assumption.

Yep...true. I've got two gen Rolex. People will think my GMTIIC is as fake as my 16710 Pepsi. My1985 Datejust passes as it looks vintage ("old").

But, to answer the question, I purchased my Pepsi before my PAM. So, answer's "zero".

But, now I'm thinking of a Exp II 42mm from our amigo, Andrew. But can't seem to find anything here about them :(

When I started being into watches I didn't like Rolex at all, I thought It was overrated and too "commercial".

Besides I didn't want to wear Rolex, too much undesired attention from people.

After 8-10 reps of different brands I decided to try some noobmariners and a super seadweller, I bought cheap A21j versions and I have to admit I completely changed my mind about Rolex.

They are undestated desings that never bore you and they have close to perfect measures (DSSD apart)

At the end I sold all my Rolexes for the reason I wrote above.... they draw too much attention and stupid comments but I know I'll end up buying one soon (new superlumed SD or maybe a TC Sub). :D

I'm right now considering a Tudor project, it's not such a well known brand compared to R.

Technically my first rep, bought on the streets of Philadelphia in the early 1980s by my sister as a gift for me was my first rep....but then I bought a Sub rep in the vuccaria in Palermo in 2000, and finally a 1675 GMT (modded by RA) in 2008. Since then I've had a red sub, a 1655, a 5512 and I am in the starting stages of building a 5513 using a MBW case.

I have no interest in modern Rolex (well, maybe a Miligas), but love the vintage stuff!!!