When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal has limited my account!

danielv2000

Guest zeleni kukuruz

naaaa mate, that happen to me over one year ago! This happend when i upgraded my paypal to verfied or premium or some bull [censored] like that! I also got email from them asking for the same things that they asked you!

If you login on your paypal you will see that you now have limeted acces until you do what they ask for.

Sorry but its the truth. Maybe its onely for us in the EU, are you in EU Daniel?

Or this has somthing to do with alot of cashflow. When i got that email i know i did some huge money transfers and often. So maybe that's the problem. But realy i dont know i just did what they asked for and ever since then all is OK, never hurd a word from them again.

Folks ... go to your PP home page, view your accounts, and try to determine if it's the real deal.

Don't FAX your bank history to anyone without knowing who they really are.

And BTW .. who the fuck does PayPal think they are, asking to see what you have spend your money on for the past month via your complete bank statement?!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

If you dont do this you will have limeted acces to your paypal account! You cant withdraw money and somthing ells cant remember.

This has to do with the cashflow, like i said i did some huge money transfers and often in a short period.

@Daniel, its easy mate, just log in on your paypal account and click on the "reselution" it's all there mate. Nothing spam'ish about this at all...

I would definately call PayPal. Do not send your ID through email until you talk to a human.

There are tons of phishing scams that look very real and official.

Sorry I don't have paypals number handy, but you can google it. I've called them a couple times over the years and they have been upfront and helpful.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Ok guys...

How can this be a spam if its all there when he logs in on his paypal? some of you have smoked some crazy stuff today!

Daniel never said that he got an email, im sure he did (i did) but when this happens it's all in your paypal. You see this when you login on paypal, first [censored] you see...

Like the guys have said it's normal dan ;) Paypal did this to me too few years back, it's meant to reduce the money laundering possibilities on your account! They just want to know you are who you say you are etc etc :huh: Log in to Paypal and just follow the prompts, once the account is verified your back on again in no time!

PP is getting rather uppity about a lot of things and I would like to switch to something else... They have been hounding me for my SSN for months and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give it to 'em!

Not spam. Just make sure you do everything through your account.

I lost my PayPal debit card a year and a half ago. Reported it missing and then all of a sudden my account was restricted and I had to send them all sorts of verifications to prove I was who I said I was. Took forever. Worst part was, I only recently was able to get a debit card from them again.

Huge pain in the ass.

Only good thing I will say about PayPal (at least this is the case if you have a business account) is they are really great about answering the phone (and they are in the US and speak English as well)

Guys - thought I'd she'd a bit of knowledge here.

As a technical "banking institution" Paypal (almost certainly) does this to ck form to US guidelines surrounding the BSA (bank secrecy act) which most specifically focuses on transactions of cash over $10k.

Keep in mind that a lot of people on this world go through a lot of trouble to launder money to make fraudulent transactions look plausible.

I know a bit about this ;)

Do not click any links in the email, if there are any. Just log in to your account as you would normally and if this is genuine you will see a notification in your paypal account. I have an ebay store and I got the same notification about a year ago. When there is a lot of money going in and out of an account (especially in) they want to verify the details of the account holder. Their reason for these security checks are that a lot of money has been laundered through paypal in the past, another reason might be that this is just another authoritarian paypal policy. Either way, DO NOT click on any links in the actual email you received. Just log in to your account and take it from there.

Paypal automate most of their security check. The moment that you do something that triggers their security software, they do this to you and you have to start uploading scans of your passport, proof of address etc. I have triggered this by having the be the temerity of being British, with a long standing UK PP account, but living abroad (with foreign bank accounts and addresses). This looks suspicious to their software, so they regularly "limit" my account. It is bloody annoying, but they have you by the ****. If you want to carry on using Paypal you have to follow their rules.

This is the 'too much power' problem that has been referred to time and again. PP are running with themselves, despite the convenience of their service. They seem to act like they are both Visa and a bank combined, and even though they don't have the power of either, PP use their monopoly to take too many liberties and it seems to be getting worse. I really do hope they are taken down a peg or two in the next few years. Western "nigerian prince" union, while it doesn't compete and has a long standing bad reputation, offer very similar and have been doing it before PP so I don't know where PP get their front from.

Tbh the money laundering stuff is just as applicable to an online betting site (even moreso) so PP don't exactly have rights to go overboard with a security check. I sincerely do hope that something like amazon payments shake them up a bit in the future as an alternative. I've been on PP since the first 6 months they set up a website, years ago you had to do a visa transaction and then remove your CC details due to security reasons because so many cards were compromised, nowadays they act like the are the frigging IMF.

For all its problems, Paypal is still the safest way to complete a transaction. Believe me, i know. I've had to change one of my AMEX cards three times in the past few years, because of someone stealing my information from online transactions. One time they charged over 5k in Stereo equipment and an airline ticket! They also tried to book a first class ticket from USA to London on British Airways, but when the BA agent said they would need to call AMEX because it was a large amount (over 6k!!) The thief immediately logged off the website. I've never had any problems with Paypal, except for a bunch of those "phishing" emails which I promptly delete without even opening.

As several have said above, anything that Paypal wants from you will be on your Paypal page. I'm sure they are under pretty close scrutiny by the Feds, as it would be an ideal way to move money around. I do know for a fact that any cash transaction over 10K requires the bank or institution initiating the transfer fill out an IRS form with all your information, Address, SSN,etc. Paypal operates under the same rules.

With Drug money flowing South and terrorists trying to get money into the USA, banks and money transfer operations like WU are very closely scrutinized.

I'm anxiously awaiting news of Amazon's money transfer operation. I'm pretty impressed with Amazon's business model. They are very fast, totally stand behind what they sell, and returns are hassle free. Hopefully they will follow that same business model with their "bank".

Ebay pretty well forced most of us into using Paypal initially, and since they are part of Ebay, they are the "800 pound Gorilla" in the room. If you are an Ebay seller or buyer, you cannot get around Paypal. Amazon won't chnge that,but it could give us and alternative for all other transactions. My only concern is how readily will businesses sign up for and Amazon program, especially since Amazon is competing directly with a whole lot of businesses.