When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Men's anti-aging/wrinkle cream, etc

dwswatches

Well when you get to over forty you start to look at ways of keeping yourself looking as young as possible! I therefore went to our local 'Boots' store and looked at L'Oreal's Men Expert range, which seemed very good, but very confusing!

What I want after was a moisterizer, something to reduce wrinkles and remove the bags/dark lines under my eyes (I know, not enough sleep!). However, they seem to do all sorts of mixtures of one or the other, then a mixture of both, and to be honest I didn't know what ones to buy! Any advice, ideas???

• Like 1

Lmao :inverted: at least I'm not alone using these products then !

I used to use the L'Oreal hydra energetic cream which was great but I'm now using Vitalift 5 (over 40 too!) but its a bit thick for me and doesn't seem as good as the hydra tbh, tell you what I do use especially after a good night out is Davinci eye relief bloody awesome stuff, lol well so the wife reckons anyway ;)

And they say women are the vain ones eh :huh:

Swarfega is great for this ;)

.......Seriously though, I suffer from very dry facial skin, especially after shaving and have tried a few kinds, not really anti-wrinkle stuff but just a decent moisturiser which is not too greasy that works well. After doing the basic nivea aftershave balm stuff for years (which is craap) I moved onto the L'Oreal hydraenergetic stuff...I found it pretty good but not really worth it :D ...the price that is. There are a few things that are really good (for me anyway) and cheaper, one is Eucerin daily moisture, the fragrance free stuff, is excellent and also 'king of shaves' who do a moisturiser which is damn good aswell. Other than that the odd bit of pure vitamin e oil on occasions(greasy as fk so not too much) and palmers cocoa butter do the job better than most.

Just reading above...Jesus I sound like Victoria Beckham. :D

Look into Nerium AD. While it is a MLM product and an extract of oleander (a poisonous plant), it works wonders: skin tightening, wrinkles, bags under the eyes, and dark spots. The marketing sounds too good to be true; however, the results are noticable. Friends and the wife swear by it.

Since I had problems with bags/dark lines under my eyes for my whole life live I tried out a ton of products but none really helped. The only product where I could actually notice an improvement was the eye concentrate from la mer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all this chemical products to keep a person young by smearing it on the face ?

Nutrition,nutrition , and nutrition that's the answer.

Nutrition is way down the list, after sleep, hydration, immune system/lymph drainage, toxins (smoking is probably the worst culprit here), and genetics.

I'm a big Shiseido fan, it's just a pain to get hold off outside big department stores and airport tax-free.

Nutrition is way down the list, after sleep, hydration, immune system/lymph drainage, toxins (smoking is probably the worst culprit here), and genetics.

I'm a big Shiseido fan, it's just a pain to get hold off outside big department stores and airport tax-free.

I am working in this field, you are way off..

Nutrition helps with better sleep, hydration(coconut water, again NUTRITION),immune system NUTRITION like eating whole foods,organic, taking supplements like fish oil etc etc..

Shiseido is an unethical company that test on animals by the way..

Nutrition helps with better sleep, hydration(coconut water, again NUTRITION),immune system NUTRITION like eating whole foods,organic, taking supplements like fish oil etc etc..

What field? Nutrition or skin care?

What field? Nutrition or skin care?

Nutrition advisory,

No lotions or creams can even compare to what a healthy diet can do to your skin and looks..

If you dont eat well and dont take any supplements you lose out..

Since I had problems with bags/dark lines under my eyes for my whole life live I tried out a ton of products but none really helped. The only product where I could actually notice an improvement was the eye concentrate from la mer.

Yup!

For eye creams (I have dark circles, now a few light lines showing up)

La Mer eye concentrate is great, but also the most expensive of them all.

La Prarie is another good, but expensive as well

Estee Lauder eye cream is also very good, and maybe less than 50% of the price of La Mer/ La Prarie

Sunscreen. And use a retinoid product at night. There are some over the counter ones from neutrogena. Otherwise I recommend Atralin, which is 0.05% tretinoin in a hyaluronic acid base. Or, generic tretinoin, adapalene, or tazarotene (depending on how hardy or sensitive your skin is)

+1 shiseido have really good products, but they are cinda expensive. When I go budget i use L'Oréal.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nutrition advisory,

No lotions or creams can even compare to what a healthy diet can do to your skin and looks..

If you dont eat well and dont take any supplements you lose out..

+1 what you put in your body has more effect than what you put on it. Think vitamins and good healthy food

Way off? I think not, just slightly misinterpreting what I meant. Not that you're biased at all ;)

There's a ton of claims on what specific diets and nutrition can do for you, from high dose vitamin C to various supplements. The vast majority of which have either no scientific base or little appreciable clinical benefit observed. Ultimately, ageing is governed by many risk factors, predominantly genetic and environmental.

As for "unethical", I can pretty much guarantee you that even the most 'ethical/green' companies develop products with ingredients that have been tested on animals. Again, it's very much in the semantics. So I sleep at night :)

Way off? I think not, just slightly misinterpreting what I meant. Not that you're biased at all ;)

There's a ton of claims on what specific diets and nutrition can do for you, from high dose vitamin C to various supplements. The vast majority of which have either no scientific base or little appreciable clinical benefit observed. Ultimately, ageing is governed by many risk factors, predominantly genetic and environmental.

As for "unethical", I can pretty much guarantee you that even the most 'ethical/green' companies develop products with ingredients that have been tested on animals. Again, it's very much in the semantics. So I sleep at night :)

:)

I'm with @Dani. It's all about the nutrition.

Try the EWG database.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

There are a lot sociopathic narcissist A-holes that hide within corporate structures poisoning people. They get fined billions but it's just a fraction of their profits so not a good deterrent.

DeeplySuperficial.jpg

Boots Basic moisturised, £1.50 for a tub that lasts for ages. Not too greasy, absorbs quite well, is not marketed as being a 'wonder cream' to make you younger, fitter, and have sex with more ladies
;)

And twice a day supplements of high strength Fish Oil and Evening Primrose Oil, an A-Z multivitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Zinc and Vitamin B12
:D Edited by Member X

• 1 month later...

Lmao :inverted: at least I'm not alone using these products then !

I used to use the L'Oreal hydra energetic cream which was great but I'm now using Vitalift 5 (over 40 too!) but its a bit thick for me and doesn't seem as good as the hydra tbh, tell you what I do use especially after a good night out is Davinci eye relief bloody awesome stuff, lol well so the wife reckons anyway ;)

And they say women are the vain ones eh :huh:

I will have to take a look at those products. I'm also happy to see that I'm not alone when It comes to taking care of one's skin. I've been using Puritan's Pride Retinol cream with vitamin A and 100.000 IU per ounce for about five years. I use It everytime I get out of the shower. At night I use a good moisturizing soap to wash my face. I also try to drink at least 6-8 8oz glasses of water a day. It seems like the more water I drink the better my skin looks and feels. :)

Mike