When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC's Trip to China

tc670207

I'm home. There are a few TC Subs I need to finish for members so I'll be slow in response on PM and emails in the following few days. I also want to finish two of my articles: Tour to the dial and hands factory, and Tour to the TC 93250 V3 Bracelet factory before memories are still fresh. They're vital evidences the top league Swiss brands out-source their manufacturing in China. One of a major Swiss brand is so out of the line the entire manufacturing and assembling are done in China, the movements in the watches we think Swiss made and hold value in are actually made in and assembled in Thailand.

My seller introduced me to the Asian Clone ETA movement maker. We had a pleasant morning meeting talking about future possibilities of clone ETA. My seller also introduced me to the SA3135 movement maker. We had a night long talk reviewing spec charts and manufacturing how-to. It was pleasant for geeks like us.

Edited: I received an email from a fellow member suggesting not to reveal crucial information about the SA3135 V2 because the Chinese Communist Party's protecting umbrella doesn't reach too far in the Western hemisphere. I dig that. I would discuss the movement matter with you later.

I met one of my seller's senior fellow apprentice and he showed my his latest project in ceramic:

hublot-01.jpg

hublot-02.jpg

Real cool project!

• Like 2

Yeah you're moving in the right direction. Eta clone is very reliable and could help reducing the budget trade off gen/rep. Bracelet was the only issue of your great Sub, if v3 is good it will be almost perfect. Then a good and affordable sa3135 would be a revolution in the rep world, for many reasons good and bad. Congrats!

TC the patent for the 1570 versions will have expired now so there is no reason that they could not be produced and i bet wouls sell out fast for all the people with vintage subs and SDs,

1570's and 1520's would be a huge thing! :)

We have to get TC into vintage Rolex watches, can you imagine a 5513 1:1...or as close as his 16610 is to gen? Or Daytona cases?

TC, how interesting. It's wonderful to have you onboad.

Are you thinking of perfecting any other Rolex models?

Genuine spec older Rolex movements would be a real plus for all of us who are modding vintqage watches. A 1570 and a GMT version would be wonderful! look at all the 1680's.1665's and 1675's that are out there just begging for a better movement.As one said, the patents are surely expired on the 1570 series, so it would not be a patent infringement to copy the movements.

Keep up the good work