When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A scammer among us

FxrAndy

Over the past few weeks we have had and more than likely still do have a scammer within the ranks!

he has so far gone under the names of

yonilon - yonatan.ezo - vintage-israel

He has in PMs to CC33 addmitted his crimes and boasted about what he stolen and who he has ripped off CC33 please post the contents of the PMs here for all to read and see what sort of scum we are dealing with.

He uses multiple and wide ranging IP addresses so just banning an IP will not work here, we need to be vigilant and reconise this person, he will appear to be a new ish member with a very good collection or rolex, rep and gen he will then try to buy from people, in the past he has paid via Paypal, sent emails stating that he is happy and has recieved the goods, shortly after he makes a charge back via his credit card saying the purchase was unauthorised!

And we all know what pp will do when faced with a CC charge back, thats right pay up and claim the mony back from the seller,

This is what he HAS done with at least two members here, but in his PMs addmits to many more

Please all be vigilant and report any suspissions to the admin team ASAP

The down side is that people will not want to deal with new members, oh well that is life.

There are a number of threads about him out there please add any info and links even from the other forums here,

Thanks and be alert

• Like 1

Well said, FXR.

Note to add: all three users are now banned. As of this morning vintage.israel had posting and PM rights suspended, he is now banned entirely.

Anyone needing contact information for these people, let me know.

This thread will save a few people some grief I'm sure. I noticed who he was and asked him for his number. He told me to give him mine and this was the pm giving him my number. I didn't show that first pm in the box because it has my phone number in it, but those are his two responses. He did actually have the courage to call me and pretend that he was a noob, but I saw right through him. After he realized that I was certain he proceeded to say that he has stolen many watches and bla bla bla. I told him to stay away from here but he took it as a challenge and promised that he would rip one of us off soon. Let's not let this parasite win. Be alert and careful with purchases or sales with a new member.

post-38788-0-53285000-1347990181_thumb.p

• Like 1

im thinking this is something paypal/his creditcard company would be interested in (not the "rep trade", but the scamming of money/goods) . they must have some sort of alert system when someone is repetedly calling in chargebacks? - this hurts business for them too... and what paypal adress is he using? cant we do a broader search on that email and see what else he is using it for.. Im pretty sure with the information we can gather that is out there, some actions could be taken.

Just had a brand new member contact me about a watch, unfortunately he says he can not to pay gifted because in his country PP goes not allow it. He also wanted a low ball declaration, so I would be unable to cover myself with full value insurance. I told him if he send the payment with Western Union I would be happy to do it, but otherwise no deal. I will now be very careful with newbies as I suggest we all are. A sad situation......

Just had a brand new member contact me about a watch, unfortunately he says he can not to pay gifted because in his country PP goes not allow it. He also wanted a low ball declaration, so I would be unable to cover myself with full value insurance. I told him if he send the payment with Western Union I would be happy to do it, but otherwise no deal. I will now be very careful with newbies as I suggest we all are. A sad situation......

I know we had a member buy something on the JAGathon and couldn't pay by gift (from Germany I think)... so, that can be the case - but yup, gotta do whatever to stay protected. WesternUnion or... whatever...

wherever the bastard is he needs sorting out!

Don't know if it's just hyperbole, but an admin on another forum said that this guy is about to have a Come To Jesus moment, in person, by some - shall we say motivated people.

:Jumpy:

• Like 2