When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've bee banned (on RG)

seafoam

Cool, I've never been banned before. I assume it started with a sale from RG member. I bought an MBW 1680 with the intention of using the case for another project. My intention was to sell the dial and movement and said "If anyone's interested in the dial and movement pm me". Something like that. At the time i didn't think anything of it. Now i know. I feel so, I don't know...."in trouble". You're grounded seafoam, and no dessert. ;) Only for 1 month though, so not too bad.

Edited by seafoam

I've not bothered joining RG.

Is it a good place to be banned from?

Yeah, i rather like RG. It's just nice to have a different perspective there. But their sticklers. I understand though. I'm sure it has to do with certain people trying to take advantage of the forum. It's one bad egg that dictates harsher rules for everyone.

But what did you actually do wrong? Was it backdoor selling by saying pm for dial and movement? Seems harsh. I'm a bit lost! :)

That's kind of what i thought. I assume this is what they're talking about. They didn't tell me exactly what i said to warrant the ban. The just said "banned for attempting backdoor sale". I assumed this was the reason. :unknw:

Edited by seafoam

I got banned from RG as well, yet I am told that by my user name it says "waiting for approval". I just don't really know why I was banned, I was never told, my last interaction with them was after I put up a generic sales thread that I use on all the forums. The problem is it said "I am approved for high value sales by the admin.", I had talked to NEMBO and I thought it was OK. Anyway one of the mods contacted me with major attitude about that statement in my thread, I complied with all his requests, and a few days later I was out! Now in the spirit of honesty, I did break one forum rule, because I had two user ids, though I never used one of them for any reason what so ever, I just wanted to reserve the name. So I don't know for which I was banned, but banned I am. If it was for the second I deserved it, I did break a forum rule.

RG disgusts me.

Pathetic web interface, retarded moderators with sickening attitude, and it's full of scammers.

You're better off here trust me. RWG is the best!

Sent from my  using Tapatalk

+1

RG and everyone on it can go fuck themselves for all I care. Two bit piece of shit forum that it is...

I just thought about something. I think the reason they found this alleged violation is because i submitted negative feedback on the buyer (item not as described) and had to give them a link to the thread. Or the buyer reported me i guess. But can you imagine my reaction? I submit negative feedback then almost instantly, i was banned. I was like "WTF". Oh well, that's life i guess. Ebb and flow seafoam, ebb and flow.