When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Package stuck in customs....

glutamine

Hi guys

I bought a watch from Andrew (Trustytime). The package has been on customs since December 11. It's been 7 days now. The package was shipped from China.

What are the chances of customs seizing the watch? Or is this a normal time period?

I ship hundreds of packages as well (electronics) and this have never happened before to me before.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I'm in the US. California.

Customs at LAX

I read on the customs website that starting Dec 14, they are working extra hard on replica seizures...

I wonder when they will update their website to let everyone know when they will let up on rep seizures :)

I hadn't read about the increased efforts by customs, but I would think that they are mainly after larger shipments and not a individual small packages. I have also read multiple posts about long customs delays at LAX, and I do mean long. There were even a couple of posts about customs opening and inspected the package before delivering them, if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't get too worried yet, sit back and hope for the best.

Just ordered from Josh last month. My Package sat in customs at LAX for a day and then it was handed over to usps for delivery to my door, Hope yours makes it out soon

A month makes quite a difference this time of year. The Christmas shipping rush is at it's peak right now. Customs is probably innundated with packages moving through. Honestly, I wouldn't order anything from overseas during the month of December. the volume of packages goes up tremendously. I seriously doubt that US Customs hires temp workers to help get through the seasonal rush, the packages just back up and after the volume goes down,they clear the backlog.

Give it a few more days. It might not be home for Christmas, but surely by New years Night!! 

• Like 1

A month makes quite a difference this time of year. The Christmas shipping rush is at it's peak right now. Customs is probably innundated with packages moving through. Honestly, I wouldn't order anything from overseas during the month of December. the volume of packages goes up tremendously. I seriously doubt that US Customs hires temp workers to help get through the seasonal rush, the packages just back up and after the volume goes down,they clear the backlog.

Give it a few more days. It might not be home for Christmas, but surely by New years Night!! 

I really hope you're right!

Personally, I'm still waiting for a FM Casablanca shipped from Oz in July that had tracking dead end at sorting facility in CA

AND

A Gen dial old skool Noob Explorer II from Jun 2010 shipped from Sweden that dead ended at sorting facility Islip NY.

Anyone think that they are still coming?  (Sarcasm)